Players 2,282 416
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,293,715 1,818
Generated 658,935 243
Captured 1,198,395 388
Bred 6,436,290 1,187
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 33 1, 2, 3... 32, 33, 34... 68, 69, 70 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 3/27/2021 at 2:42 PM Post #321
want to be put on the taking a break list or completly off?
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/27/2021 at 2:43 PM Post #322
Maze runner cover photo is broken
Sunflora
Level 71
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 3/27/2021 at 10:27 PM Post #323
On the break list please
Saroyan
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 5
Posted: 3/28/2021 at 5:42 AM Post #324
Does it work now? I changed the image ^^
Frostfire
Level 69
Frosty Hands
Threads: 5
Posted: 3/28/2021 at 12:29 PM Post #325
Critiques

Maze Runner

I really love the traits you used for your design, I think they bring a sort of "survival" aesthetic to the design. The colors also fit really well with the theme, but I think some of the them are a bit off from the cover art ie, the cover is more green than blue. Overall, I love the design and the power you somehow managed to put into it. Just a few adjustments to the colors will make it near perfect.

Original-----------------------------------> Critiqued

The Fellowship
I am in shock. There is nothing I don't like about this design. The colors blend so well, but not well enough to hide any of the beautifully chosen traits. There is legitimately nothing wrong with this design, and I can see nothing to criticize. It does a fantastic job of displaying the regal and elegant aesthetic of the cover art.

The Enemy
Wow, another design that I see no faults in. How do you keep doing this??? The design really captures the hostile vibe of the cover. The only 'critique' I can think of is that maybe you should play around with the shades to build up tone?

Original-------------------------------->Critiqued

The Half-Blood Prince
Love the look, and the overall design. I normally don't like that mask, but it seems to bring the entire thing together somehow. The only thing I can suggest is for you to make the green...greener? Like, less blue?

Original-------------------------------- > Critiqued

My Designs:

Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Lightning Theif

Five Nights at Freddy's: The Fourth Closet by Scott Cawthon and Kira Breed-Wrisley
(sorry it's small)
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/28/2021 at 2:08 PM Post #326
looks good now :)
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/28/2021 at 2:08 PM Post #327
3 hours left until the close of this challenge! Get those entries in!
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/28/2021 at 6:58 PM Post #328
pencils down! Winner's getting released soon :)
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/28/2021 at 7:20 PM Post #329
TOP 3
"Book Covers"
Challenge

(PLEASE BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING)

Well! Look at me getting this out on time! Now I must say it is sad to see our little club getting so small so I implore you all: invite your friends - the more the merrier! Now with all these books I recognized quite a few and man, that nostalgia really hit this challenge! Now, enough of my rambling, lets get onto those winners and the next challenge which I will be posting very soon after this!

(Remember if you are chosen, you need to claim your prize before the next deadline otherwise you will forfeit it.)

TOP CRITIQUER IS: Frost

@Frostfire- Please send me a CoD for 20k, you had a very good critique this time around, good job!

1st PLACE~
Shimmer's
Design:

"The Girl who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of her Own Making" by Catherynne M. Valente

Now not only do I love the book your design is based on I love this design. Your design from what I remember not only captures the color but also the book itself. From the deep reds to the bright golds you truly have an amazing design here. Using the Wing markings to replicate the clouds on the cover was brilliant, I personally wouldn't have thought on it and I find this such a fun little addition to your design that really helps it pull the book cover look overall. So great job on being creative with that! Great great job over all and for a prize choose from these (1) (2) (3) (4) stables and pick a pair to get a baby from and send a CoD for 20k! In addition you may also look in Celticnuru's GROUP stable and pick a pet from there if you would like to forgo a pet from me.

2nd PLACE~
Noha's
Design:

"Legends of Darkstalker" by Tui T. Sutherland

Now I personally prefer the critiqued version, pulling those reds through really helped the design - and helped you make second place! You made such wonderful improvements on changing this design up, you changed up much of the original design and it was a great choice. Along with great choices i (once again) read and loved this book when I was younger, though I admit I don't remember it too well. I also give you props for using a lupora for a dragon design - it works great and pulls away from the standard ny'vene for a ?Nightwing? (I might be remembering his species wrong) design! Great job, Send a CoD for 15k please and please keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing what you make in the future!

3rd PLACE~
Dragon's
Design:

1970's "The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe" by C.S Lewis

I'll be honest, when i first saw this design the colors did throw me off a bit - but the more I looked over them the more interesting they became. I never would have done the colors like that, it's difficult to get to work as they have to be *just* the ride shades to compliment but when done well, they look top notch. You managed to do this and I give you props for making a truly unique and interesting design. Great job on this design and send a CoD for 5k!

Mystery prize winner will be DMed shortly.
Edited By Limor on 3/28/2021 at 7:21 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/28/2021 at 7:33 PM Post #330
"Famous Quotes" Challenge

For this challenge lets take a look at the written word - specifically quotes. I'm talking things like "Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back" too "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." You can go for the traditional motivational quotes to darker quotes, as long as it can be considered famous in some sense of the word! With that, lets get designing!

Those who have opted out: Noha, Shimmer, Frost, Dragon, Saro

~Requirements~

1.)Your design must be based on a famous quote.
2.) You must list out the quote.
3.) You must include who said the quote, if the person is Anonymous please state so.
4.) With in your design post, you must ping not only myself but the designer that posted directly before you only. Reason being, you must create a paragraph (3 to 4 sentences long) giving them friendly feedback and or suggestion on improvement on the design and or designs currently present at that time. Please include a copy of their design you are speaking about, along with a design of your own referencing the suggestions you made so they can see visibly what you are trying to say. (The only except is the first designer to post.)
4.) Designers, if someone critiques/comments on your design you must make an attempt to make the changes the critiquer is suggesting. It is through another's opinion/vision you can see what you haven't/couldn't see before and in so doing improve on what is already done. It is a way for you to learn how to take riskses and test yourself. When you have done so, place your altered piece next to the original so we can see the changes you made in comparison. (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE their direct suggested image and take it as your own. That will not help you improve in the slightest, but will be seen as a form of cheating/theft.)

~Rules/Guidelines~
1.) All core group rules are in play!
2.) Don't be afraid to ask for help, feedback and or anything. We are here for you!

~Example~

"Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back" - Ben Jonson
Edited By Limor on 4/3/2021 at 4:28 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 32, 33, 34... 68, 69, 70
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.