Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Dungeon and Zone Discussion > What is this thing?
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Arctic
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 7
Posted: 11/25/2020 at 2:24 PM Post #1
This picture was from firebird732, it was her question.
"What is this thing? I don't feel like battling it because of the noob I am, and I think I'm going to lose. Lost grove stage 2. Can someone tell me the general stats of this thing?"
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 11/25/2020 at 10:52 PM Post #2
it's Oakstout, the Boss of the Ancient Ents.
Like the other LG bosses, he has a chance to spawn whenever you beat one of his Elites (the ents in his case), with the chance rising slowly for every one you beat until he does spawn.

He has two enraged forest sprite companions
taking the genescan images from the LG walkthrough thread:

Like all lg bosses, he will drop a random Vinethorn equip upon defeat, along with assorted other items
His battle tactics are basically identical to the Ancient Ents, so the strategy is also pretty much the same... he just hits harder and has more defence and hp in general
Edited By Scathreoite on 11/25/2020 at 10:53 PM.
Arctic
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/26/2020 at 10:08 AM Post #3
Firebird732: So then what would be the best elements to use to defeat Oakstout?
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 11/26/2020 at 4:36 PM Post #4
well, my two main teams are Earth/light/air and water/light/fire
Either of those two tank elements can use their abilities to block the strong attack (earth can Taunt to ensure oakstout definitely doesn't hit the other party members, water can use Ice sphere to protect all party members, or ice barrier (since it's a majority chance that oakstout goes for party slot 1 instead of one of the other two anyway)
Arctic
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/29/2020 at 9:56 PM Post #5
"Still can't. I have rank 1 attacks, do you suggest ranking them up before I try again? Would max stat or superstats help? Sorry for any inconvenience. Just very careful about trying again"
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 11/30/2020 at 5:58 PM Post #6
he can be beaten with rank1 attacks, though obviously it's easier with higher ranks (since you get attack rank exp for tghe simple act of using moves, bosses can be handy- and if you win, so much the better, since the bosses also give the most attack exp for beating them)
Higher stats can also help.

It would help if I knew what the team was that was being used, just so I could know the stats/equips/prof setups/element setup (since it can change based on those things- like, you need to be more careful/use a different prof setup with lower stat tanks since their hp is naturally much lower than max stats, for instance)
Bringing healing items might also help, but in the end with oakstout I usually just take out his sprites first then just treat him as a particularly beefy ent
Arctic
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/30/2020 at 6:25 PM Post #7
"Well, the first time I tried with my level 70 not-so-good-stat team.
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5553818
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5555386
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5615607

That didn't work out, so now I'm going to try with my level 68 party which has decent stats.
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5855297
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5002810
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5662914

Because all of my superstats are either too low level, or I don't know what to do for armor.
I mean, the party that I'm going to try it with now is decent stat, with Galaxy wanderer being a high stat. (Only 250 health and 8 strength, intelligence, dexterity, and agility away from max)"
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 11/30/2020 at 7:41 PM Post #8
Two lights and a fire? And,,, what is even going on with the equips here

Okay, for Slot 1 on each team:
Team 1 you'll probably want to swap one of the lights to a different tank element, I'd say- that is Water, Earth, or Shadow (light can tank, but those three are better at it overall.)
Sunset has the higher HP base stat between him and Arctic, so him probably
If you go Earth, Warden equips will be the base (can throw in Tidal Lord), Water, primary equips will be Tidal Lord (but can throw in Warden), and if Shadow, it'd be Reaver equips
Moonlit Stars on team 2 should be the tank since she's Water, Profs, well, these are our two water tanks for the prof setups we personally use: Munir, Lahar (Munir has an HP point since he needed it, where Lahar, having max HP, did not), but what works for you might differ

slot 2
Arctic would thus be the Light Healer- Equips would be primarily Pyromancer (Int/Dex), possibly some Lightbringer (Int/Agi) if you think you need some extra Evasion/defence (mainly if you decide to make the Tank water, since it can't Taunt where Earth and Shadow can)
Profs on a light healer are typically 3int/2dex at lv 70- this stands to be what you want for Galaxy Wanderer, too, once she hits 70 (I'd go 3int/1dex until then)
> Light healers want high Magical Damage so their healing does more, and they can make more use of the accuracy and critical hits Dexterity gives than the evasion and defence that Agility does

slot 3
two unnamed puffs, both air, you'll want to go full storm caller on both, and profs should be 3str/2dex at lv70. Lv65-69, you might go either 2str/2dex or 3str/1dex, I'd maybe lean to 2/2 given how important dex is for fire and air pets

rules of thumb:
Each kind of equip (excluding the non-LG disciple, arcanist, and ravager) has Two primary stats: They will have either Strength or Intelligence, and either Dexterity or Agility. They each have a Main and Secondary focus stat. No equips have Dexterity as the main stat, so there are six kinds:
Str/Dex (Myrmidon & Storm Caller),
Str/Agi (Assassin and Tidal Lord),
Agi/Str (Warden (LG variant*)),
Int/Dex (Evoker & Pyromancer),
Int/Agi (Illusionist & Lightbringer),
Agi/Int (Reaver)
(* there are non-LG warden equips still floating around that sometimes turn up in the Trade Broker, but they were retired from being an obtainable type of equip years ago when equipment was revamped, and have different stats to the LG Warden equips)

> Is it a Physical element or a Magical element: Physical elements are Water, Earth and Air, Magical are Fire, Light, and Shadow
Phys elements get Strength-oriented equips, Magic ones get Int-oreinted equips

> Is it a Tank pet? The pet that goes in slot one, typically, as mentioned, Water, Earth, or Shadow, though Lights do sometimes get used
If it is a Tank, you want Agility-oriented equips
If it is a Healer or Attacker, you want Dexterity-oriented equips

So an Air pet, being a physical attacker, wants a Str/Dex oriented equip, a Light healer wants Int/Dex, a Light tank would want Int/Agi etc (with the exception of the fact that most light pets are healers not tanks as the Lightbringer equips would suggest, the lg equips are Colour-Coded For Your Convenience in action, though you can mix-and-match a bit- note that my Lahar has a single Warden equip because I wanted him to have just a little bit more Agi)
Arctic
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/30/2020 at 10:03 PM Post #9
"Okay thanks!! I got lost grove armor when I was still in umbra forest from a friend, so I really didn't know what I was doing and just wanted all the stats to be even... ^^"
I just need to actually get the armor first...
Also, I have an "Ancient relic of the Warden" that has been sitting in my inventory for a while now. Would that one be better than the vinethorn ones?"
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 11/30/2020 at 10:25 PM Post #10
Ancient Relics are lv50 mythical equips- they beat out Exotic lg relics, but fall short of the vinethorns by a fair margin

This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.