Players 2,411 375
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,241,199 1,270
Generated 656,170 19
Captured 1,190,409 63
Bred 6,394,525 1,188
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Why do people care if theyre pets get re...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Windyz
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 4
Posted: 10/21/2020 at 9:47 AM Post #1
Ive been a releaser for a while, and something that always boggles my mind is the fact that people get angry at me when I release pets. I mean, once I buy a pet, it becomes mine and I can release my own pets.

I want to know why people get mad when I release a pet I bought the rights to.

Id like this to become sort of a friendly debate. If this thread becomes a full blown war, Ill ask Krin to lock the thread, so please be civil.

Reasons so far:
- people want to treasure pets
- get too invested
- couldve given the pet to someone else
- wanted to give it away
- would release it themselves

Counter arguments
- if you want to treasure a pet, dont sell it
- if you are too invested in a pet, dont sell it
- its their pet, and they can release it if they want
- never give away free pets publicly
- then dont sell it for a low price or publicly
Edited By Windyz on 10/22/2020 at 11:18 AM.
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 10/21/2020 at 9:55 AM Post #2
i suppose it could be that people want people to trasure pets they didnt want but it doesnt work like that. I have had people release max stats i have given or sold them. I release stuff ALOT

Pets released found: 36,961

I do projects and if i kept them all i would need many more stables and if i sold them my projects would be ruined by people using my cast offs. So what else is there to do with them xD

Pets Found: 759 < my present release pets that will be released when they hit 42. Releasing needs to be done and anyone that says it isnt is wrong
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 10/21/2020 at 10:03 AM Post #3
I think the biggest reason is because they get to invested in the pets themselves. They see it as 'discarding' the pet, and that the pets weren't cared for.

Honestly, There are two sites I have seen this issue on, FR and This one. Both have release mechanics where the pet is still around to be seen.

The two sites I haven't noticed this on is Gryffs and Khimeros. Both of those actually delete the pets and all information about it, but neither seem to have this problem with deleting pets. I do occasionally see people who ask you to not delete the pets, but I don't think I have seen people get truly upset if it does happen.
Lumiinescent
Level 70
Guardian
Threads: 5
Posted: 10/22/2020 at 12:39 AM Post #4
I personally get annoyed when people release pets they bought off me, but only if its within the month they bought it. For me, its because I feel like they couldve gone to other players who genuinely want them to keep, which is what ticks me off.
Slytherin7
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 71
Posted: 10/22/2020 at 11:00 AM Post #5
It really annoys me if I post a free pet to the LG chat and someone immediately releases it. If I wanted it released I would've done it myself and gotten the LG egg bonus lol

Other than that, I don't really have a problem with people releasing my pets. I've released a ton of pets myself so it doesn't matter that much to me.
Windyz
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/22/2020 at 11:17 AM Post #6
Alrighty folks, here are my counter arguments

@Slytherin7
If you want to give away a pet, then host a giveaway and dont sell it publicly.

@Wildfire378
Dont sell pets for low prices or publicly if you dont want it released. Once someone buys a pet, they can do whatever they want with it

@Jemadar
I dont believe its discarding a pet since it can be reclaimed, and if someones too invested in a pet, then they shouldnt sell it

@Kattya
If someone wants to treasure a pet, they shouldnt sell it

Basically if you care about your pets and want them to go to good homes, either sell it through a thread, or dont sell it at all
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 10/22/2020 at 10:16 PM Post #7
@Kattya
If someone wants to treasure a pet, they shouldnt sell it

I agree thats why i followed my statement with "but it doesnt work like that" xD once the pet is sold its out of your hands and like i said i have had max stats released but hey i do that too so xD
Danithegoat
Level 72
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 45
Posted: 10/24/2020 at 12:28 PM Post #8
I've met people who are against releasing because "the pets aren't suffering, they're just pixels"

Like, you just debunked your own point, if they're just pixels, why do you get so defensive when I release a pet? They're just pixels after all >_>

People also themes for like 200g, and it infuriates me. They could be making so much more if they raise the prices, but when I suggest things like that, they get angry and claim I'm 'threatening' them or 'they're trying to sell them for the lowest on adv search' Which is fine, but lets suppose someone's selling a theme for 200g when all the others of that theme are being sold for 2k. They could easily raise the prices to 1.5k and still be the lowest on advanced search.
Edited By Spiritbeast on 10/24/2020 at 1:31 PM.
Jormungandr
Level 37
Fancy Pants
Threads: 48
Posted: 10/24/2020 at 1:39 PM Post #9
Some people want to treasure and care for their pets. I am a neutral person. I don't care if the pets are malnourished. I'll only get mad at you if you release a pet with good traits on it.
Windyz
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/24/2020 at 1:53 PM Post #10
Counter argument incoming!

Argument: People want to treasure pets
Counter argument: Then they shouldn't sell the pets if they care that much about them

Question
Why do you get mad if someone releases a pet with traits? It becomes their pet..
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.