Players 2,371 350
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,251,830 1,159
Generated 656,350 34
Captured 1,190,833 51
Bred 6,404,552 1,074
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Keep losing the garden of Magnates final...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Briarwood
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 28
Posted: 8/30/2020 at 5:17 PM Post #1
I just can't get past the last undead army in the garden of Magnates, the one with 3 Arch mages. My pets just keep losing. Is there a strategy here? Or is it because I only have 2 pets in my party and I should expand?
Slytherin7
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 71
Posted: 8/30/2020 at 11:12 PM Post #2
Hello!

I believe it's a mixture of a few factors.

Adding another pet to your party will DEFINITELY help!!

However, I noticed that both of your current pets are attuned to Fire. Fire is a "cannon", it deals a lot of damage but cannot take damage well at all. I would highly suggest switching one of them (whichever you'd like in Slot One) to Shadow, Earth, or Water (I think Light can be used as a tank too?).

Once you get all three pets, you're going to want to have one of them a different type of element than the others. What I mean by that is that some of the elements are "magical" (Shadow, Light, Fire), and the others are "physical" (Wind, Water, Earth). You want to have a mix of the two for the most damage. I personally like my Water/Light/Fire team, but you could also do Shadow/Light/Air, or Earth/Air(or Fire)/Light, there's lots of options, really. Just make sure you've got a Tank, a Light pet, and a Cannon, and that you've got a mix of those element types (there's a word for it but I'm blanking), and you should be good!

Also, your gear doesn't exactly match your current pet's elements. Fire needs gear with higher Intelligence and Dexterity, for example. Light and Shadow need higher Intelligence and Agility. Water needs Strength and Agility, etc. Your healers and tanks need Agility, your cannon needs dexterity. Strength is for physical elements, and Intelligence for magical elements.

I hope I didn't make this too confusing, I'm writing this past midnight here lol.

If you have any questions please let me know!
Edited By Slytherin7 on 9/8/2020 at 11:10 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 8/31/2020 at 6:45 AM Post #3
as has been mentioned, you'll want to get your third petslot (from sanctuary of saerielle), as umbra forest battles onwards are balanced with the expectation that you DO have all three slots unlocked and filled.

Also as mentioned, Fire is a cannon element and aren't designed to be in slot 1, as they have no way to buff their defences, debuff enemy stats, or heal themselves.

The three typical tanks are Earth (focuses on defence and taunting opponents so they don't attack teammates, minor self-healing), Shadow (focus on inflicting Draining debuffs to simultaneously damage the opponent and heal itself. Not defensive focus, more a survivalist type. Gets a Taunting ability at lv65), and Water (focus on buffing the party's defences and debuffing the enemies. Uses Ice barrier and Ice sphere to protect and heal the party. No Taunting capabilities)

Light can also be used as a tank, but is usually used as a dedicated Healer instead (focus is on healing the whole party. No Taunting, no Buffing or Debuffing of stats, just healing the party)

Air and Fire are both purely attacker elements by design, with no healing aside from mend and no defence buffing aside from block.

Tank elements typically use Agi-based equips (Illusionist for Shadow and the rare Light as Int/magic elements, Assassin for Earth and Water as str/physical elements)
Their profs vary by person, and are usually in HP, Attack, Agi (which ones depends on the person)

Light Healers and Air and Fire attackers usually have all their points put to their attack and Dexterity (evoker for light/fire, myrmidon for air) as fire and air use crits to inflict damaging debuffs and a crit from a light pet's beam or fairy light means more healing for the team since the % healed is based on the damage dealt to the enemy.

(on your equips, you'll want to get your hands on some higher level and higher rarity equips- your lv40's using uncommon/rare lv25-30's will be hindering them a bit. Lv25 legendaries are probably the easiest to get (and the relics have a damage stat of 135 to the current ones you have that give 80 and 105 damage) since they're a relatively common drop from lv25 mission satchels. There's also pretty good equips that can be bought from SoSaerielle Town Hall though you might not have a high enough Reputation with the city to buy them just yet)

If I am remembering right, and I might be wrong since it's been years, Garden of Magnates has a lot of wave battles?
I'd personally suggest not using a fire pet for it, as wave battles are often easier if you can bottleneck the new enemies. The waves start with weak enemies and as you take them out stronger ones come in to replace the KO'd ones, so if you just focus on a single slot you only ever have one stronger enemy to deal with at once, and obviously you can't easily use that strategy with fire pets since their base elemental attack hits 2 enemies at once

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.