Players 2,353 346
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,255,791 1,456
Generated 656,436 9
Captured 1,191,034 46
Bred 6,408,226 1,401
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Pet Sharing and Design Discussion > Eggling with exclusive traits?
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Monkitteh
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 5
Posted: 7/4/2020 at 8:25 PM Post #1
http://Hi, so I am quite new here and honestly not even sure I am posting in the right area....

Anyway, I found a few egglings yesterday and as I was looking at each egg, trying to figure out how to hatch them (which I now know I have to wait 3 days for :c ) I noticed one of my eggs said it was an Ametrine Explosion Zolnixi, what does that even mean? I get that Zolnixi is the breed that it is, but I just can't figure out the other part and I am honestly quite excited to see what it hatches into.

Here is the eggling in question, https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5726445
Edited By Monkitteh on 7/4/2020 at 8:26 PM.
Slytherin7
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 71
Posted: 7/4/2020 at 9:23 PM Post #2
Ametrine Explosion is a Theme!

Here's an example of mine, Leia, that I won last year during the Patriotic event:

She has visible Cross Fox, Chain Jewelry, and Stubby Tail. The vast majority of themes can have ANY traits, but they all have a specific color scheme!

Themes are pets that have a specific color scheme (or in the case of some of them, both a specific color scheme and restricted trait set)

Here's an example of a Theme with a specific trait set:

Thorin is a Majestic Peacock Griffi. Majestic Peacocks not only have that color, but have the Majestic Peacock traits! Some other themes, like, say, this one:

can have restricted traits (in this case, Crystallized Wings), but they have to be added on via mutators/disruptors
(This Griffi belongs to Faeyla, if they would like me to remove this example, please contact me)

Themed pets (especially Tagged Themes, which have a gold star and a purple theme name) are worth more than most pets. You can create purebred themes (blue star, blue theme name) by breeding two pets of the same theme! Some people don't collect these, and some even go as far as saying that they're not themed at all, but if it's got any kind of theme label, it's a theme!
Slytherin7
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 71
Posted: 7/4/2020 at 9:31 PM Post #3
Oh and I forgot to add this:

There are several ways of getting themes

1. As a reward for completing certain tasks during a Festival or Event (like your Ametrine Explosion Nixi!)
2. You can catch them in Festival zones (An example would be the Muddy River Qitari), or very rarely in The Lost Grove (an example is the Dwarven Monarch Zolnixi)
3. You can grow them as part of a Seasonal Festival (An example would be the April Lyrid Vulnyx)
4. You can buy them during events in the Diamond Shop (right now, Blazing Fireworks pets are in the shop)
5. Special bosses during Events can drop them as eggs (like the Blazing Fireworks pets dropped by the Pyromaniacs in The Lost Grove right now, or the Lucky pets dropped by the Clover Keepers during the Week of Luck)
6. You can buy them from other players on the Advanced Search. If you want to see Purebred themes as well, make sure to click YES on the "Include Purebred" dropdown!

Cross-breeding two different themes will NOT get you a themed pet. If you breed, say, an Ametrine Explosion nixi with a Cute Witch nixi, the offspring won't be themed at all. Same goes if you breed a non-themed pet with a themed pet. There is only one exception to this rule. If you breed a Dawnbreaker Aeridini with a Frostkeeper Aeridini, you will get a Mistwarden Aeridini, which is a completely different theme!
Edited By Slytherin7 on 7/4/2020 at 9:34 PM.
Monkitteh
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 5
Posted: 7/4/2020 at 9:39 PM Post #4
@Slytherin7
Thank you so much for this info, I had no idea about any of this.
Those examples are so cool looking, I can't wait to see what mine hatches into now :D

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.