Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > Mossflight and Lark's Writing Servic...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 3/28/2020 at 9:20 PM Post #1
Announcements

I swear I can write (almost) anything but intros. *headdesk*

Yay! We can write stuff! I (Lark) absolutely cannot draw stuff (well, I don't have the patience to), so here we are! Should this be in the Other Writing forum! No one ever looks there though! Yippee!

Anyways, yeah. We're looking to write stuff, because we... can write stuff. We cannot claim to be amazing writers and we're very much not professional, we do our best, though.
I won't judge how good we are, because a. I don't like rating myself because I'm insecure, and b. it's difficult to give an overall assessment as you can be better at one thing than another.
If we're not good enough for your liking, there's no need to commission. This is mostly for fun and practice for us, not that we're bragging about our skills.
(That was basically just me ranting weirdly, there wasn't a previous experience behind that or anything)

We will have examples below soon, if I ever stop getting embarrassed of my writing.

This is getting awkward, so here are the rules, with a nice bolded label at the top.

~~~

Rules
1. You do not get to choose who writes your commission (nah that sounds too fancy) order. You will be ignored. It really depends on who is more free at the time, or if one of us is better at writing a certain topic that the other. However, please ping both of us.

2. We accept all constructive criticism! We love to improve our incredibly garbage writing, so feel free to criticise, whether you ordered something or not. However, don't bash us. That's just rude and hardly makes us want to improve, so please tell us what we can do better, not just "omg lawl your writing is so trash even a raccoon wouldn't be interested". That was oddly poetic.

3. This is largely PWYW, since, well, we're really not sure what our writing is worth haha. We do, however, have low base prices. I'm not sure if that's still considered pay what you want. Tip what you want? I don't know.

4. We can give you an estimate on how long it will be until we finish, but we do get busy sometimes with real life so feel free to check in from time to time. Just don't demand every two hours for us to hurry up.

5. Don't ask us to write things that we don't write, please. Even if your order is valid, we have the right to decline it if we don't think we can write it, we don't like it, etc.

6. Your order will be posted here, usually as a link to a Google Doc or other forum post, unless you request that it be PMed or something else.

7. There is no guarantee that your story will exist forever. So copy it somewhere, I like to keep my Google Drive neat :P I'll leave it up for some time, but after that it's usually gone.

8. After it is written, feel free to ask to change details. If you would like, you can request to see the progress from time to time. Keep in mind that it is best to be as detailed with your request upfront, however, so we don't have to rewrite everything.

~~~

What We Write:
- Pet backstories/short stories
- OC backstories/short stories
- Character creation
- RP/RPG intros
- Worldbuilding
- Writing stories in general :P
- Just ask and we'll tell you if it's valid or not!

What We Don't Write:
- NSFW
- Excessive/graphic gore/violence (mild descriptions of violence are fine if needed, but we're not going to give an extremely detailed description of murder a murder scene)
- Nonfiction
- Anything over 50 pages long (unless, y'know, we get carried away, which can happen)

~~~

Have a random idea you'd like to see brought to life just for fun? We'll do it for free, just... no promises on time.
Edited By Larkien on 11/27/2020 at 11:39 PM.
24carrotgold
Level 73
Trickster
Threads: 75
Posted: 3/28/2020 at 9:23 PM Post #2
Form:
I really don't see the point of putting 'Username' but everyone else is doing it, so...
Username:
What you want written:
Tip what you want:
Other:

~~~

Base Prices:
Pet Backstories/Short Stories/Personalities/Etc - 2k
OC Backstories/Short Stories/Personalities/Etc - 2k
Character Creation - 6k
RP/RPG Intros - 2k
Partial Worldbuilding - 3k
Full Worldbuilding - 7k
Short Story (a few paragraphs to a page) - 5k
Novel - 5k per page
Random Ideas/Scenes - Free
Other - Ask us and we'll decide!
Edited By Mossflight2 on 4/4/2020 at 3:20 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 3/28/2020 at 9:33 PM Post #3
Hello (again)! So although this isn't the most active thing ever, we might be looking for a few people to help us with writing and editing stuff.

Please note that we can and most likely will be picky about accepting people. We're hardly amazing writers ourselves, but we will judge based on how good your writing is so don't be offended if you get rejected, you can always try again another time ^^ And of course, you must have decent grammar and spelling (yes, I understand that we all make typos sometimes).

We'll be slightly less picky with editors, but every edited piece will go through Mossflight or me eventually.

~~~

Rules/Requirements
1. You must have had experience writing/editing things before. Obviously we're not asking for you to be a published author or anything (as we aren't ourselves xD), but just either have something written (you can write it on the spot, really), or have edited a friend's story or something before (if not, we can give you something really bad to edit). It's that simple.

2. Be respectful. It's not that hard, either. No bashing other people's stuff, though you can give criticism if they ask for it first.

3. We will decide who gets to write what, usually based on what you're good at or who's most active, etc., and obviously we want to do some of it, too. If you want to claim something, ping us asking if you can take it. Most likely we will accept.

4. Feel free to let us know if you're not comfortable writing something or you want to take a break!

5. If you write something, you get all the money from it, obviously.

6. You can work with another writer if you would like. You should split the gold from it evenly, but it's really up to you, just no fighting, please.

7. Don't scream at us if we don't accept your form, please.

8. Please PM Larkien the sign-up form. If you post it here, you will be ignored.

9. Editors will get paid based on what they edit. I have yet to establish it, though.

Writer Sign-up Form
User ID:
On a scale of 1-10, how active are you on Sylestia?:
On a scale of 1-10 how fast working would you say you are?:
Preferred Genre:
Topics you are good at/would prefer writing (such as stories with animals, romance, etc):
Topics you dislike/would rather not write:
Types of writing you are good at/would prefer writing (such as short stories, character creation, etc.):
Types of writing you dislike/would rather not write:
Example of something you've written:
Other:

Editor Sign-up Form
User ID:
On a scale of 1-10, how active are you on Sylestia?:
On a scale of 1-10 how fast would you say you are?:
Have you done something like this before?:
Edited By Larkien on 7/25/2020 at 6:28 PM.
24carrotgold
Level 73
Trickster
Posted: 3/28/2020 at 9:37 PM Post #4
Current Orders:
Username; Order; Total Amount; Writer

Waiting List:
Username; Order; Total Amount
Edited By Mossflight2 on 7/26/2020 at 2:13 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 3/29/2020 at 4:36 PM Post #5
Aaaaand we're open!
Theialish
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 60
Posted: 3/29/2020 at 4:43 PM Post #6
Username: Megacharizardx
What you want written:

-Short story for https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5509134

-Short story for https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5495261
Tip what you want: I'll tip 1,000 for a total of 5,000
Other: nah
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 3/29/2020 at 7:41 PM Post #7
I'll get on it right away, Mossflight, uh, do you want to do the Lup?
24carrotgold
Level 73
Trickster
Posted: 3/29/2020 at 7:52 PM Post #8
Yep, fine with me!
24carrotgold
Level 73
Trickster
Posted: 3/31/2020 at 4:43 PM Post #9
Bump
Cadri
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 156
Posted: 4/1/2020 at 4:01 PM Post #10
Username: Stormclan666
What you want written: Backstory for https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5448976
And
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5433464
Tip: 10k
Other: \(-_-)/
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.