Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > The Release Alliance The RA
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 104
Posted: 3/20/2020 at 3:18 PM Post #1
Before a long story let me get to the point for those who don't wish to read it all. I am looking for allies, regardless of what your reasons are, to help release sylesties in a coordinated way. Instead of randomly releasing a few pets everyday, a group of players could band together to each target a different group of pets and make concrete plans on how many pages of pets a day we strive to release. Working together we can all focus on different pets and perhaps work faster this way. I'm looking for allies in releasing/freeing pets because while I have the time and the gold, my wrists are still human and I am forced to stop releasing after a while. Having known allies can make a difference. If your interested in some releasing teamwork please join the Release alliance or the RA for short

Ok then now a wall of text where I explain where I'm comming from with this in hopes of convincing people who are now anti releasing to perhaps change their minds. If not no hard feelings, but I wanted to try and explain myself as well as possible so here goes.

So I am a pet releaser. I know this can rub people the wrong way. I know, because once I was on the other side of this. I used to hate it when people released the pets I had on sale. As a newer player, and I was around pretty early when the pet problem was not as big yet, i likewise loved LOVED breeding all my pets to see what beauties came out crawling out of the eggs. I was likewise happy to put them on sale because surely these pets would be loved.

I had this vision where my pets where bought and treasured and part of everyone's main battle teams/treasured collections or valued mission team.

Imagine then to my sadness when somebody bought my pretty boy nixi, and released it! Gasp! How very dare you! I was legid upset. I contacted the player on why they would do such a thing. But even then despite the problem being less, overbreeding was already very much a thing. And there where many beautifull pets on the market by breeders that spend a lot of time and efford into making these beautifull pets. unlike my own random chance breeding that sometimes made pretty pets. Thats not to say these pets have no value. They do. I still sometimes buy low visible low stat pets just because I find them pretty. But right now there are just to many pets for sale. I'll get back to that later.

What also didn't help is that I am a high sensitive person. I don't mean that in a I'm quickly hurt sort of way. I mean that in it's a literal thing. HSP. Look it up if your curious. I also am very empathic, sometimes to much so. I love animals, I grew up with dogs. And I have always learned that releasing tamed animals is animal cruelty. I take pet ownership very seriously. And so that was projected into the game as well.

Of course there is no for that, it's just a game, but not everyone's brain works quite like that.

So I get it. I really do. But I have since shifted views and am now somebody who both takes pride and enjoys releasing pets.

Some do it for practical reasons like just wanting to help combat the problem (which is a legid reason). Others do it because it just feels good to send pets into the life of freedom where you can imagine them exploring, playing, having fun and not being cooped up in stables starving or being overbred all the time. Some people play very roleplay centerd, others very practical, others again mix it up.

Me I am a mix.

I release pets for the following reasons:

- There are to many pets for sale. When you go to the advanced search it can't cope with all the pets there are. Not even all pets are shown. And the big group of to cheap, as well as to expensive pets (100.000.000 and above type priced pets of inactive players which sadly releasers can't solve) play a part in that.
-On a roleplay front it feels good to have my character release pets into the amazing world of sylestia. Before I considerd it a cruelty as I compared with real life. But Sylestia is not our world and Sylesties are not animals in that same vein. Ipersonaly see them more pokemon esk. More intelligent, perfectly fine of handling themselves out there and going on all sorts of fun adventures instead of being stuck in limbo land forever because nobody wants to buy them, or even knows they excist at all. I imagine that all the pets I released have become friends, a big family who all look out for eachother, and basicly my released pages is just one big stable, just out in nature instead of between walls.

Reasons people have to be against my releasing, and what my counter arguments are

-People want to offer cheap pets for new players. : This is something I support in theory, however there are way WAY more cheap pets for sale then all the new players combined could profit from. Also I feel if you really wish to help new players, there are better ways then offering randomly bred pets. Give newbies proper pets. Like a max stat pet, or a multy visible one. Make them infertile as they are not for breeding, but for the pet itself. Or help them in fests or in some other ways. Gift newbies what you would gift experienced players, not left overs, rejects, random pets. More over. if you feel strongly about a certain pet ending up in a certain way, with certain people, do not sell the pet on a place where anyone could buy them for any random reason. Make an efford to get the pets where you want them to go. Make a forum page to find the right people, and if thats to much of an efford, then don't be upset if somebody else then what you hoped for buys the pets.
-Releasing them is cruelty because domestic born pets can't survive in the wild.: I'd agree in real life. This however is a game. And Sylesties are not your normal animals. On a practical scale it's just data. there is no cruelty. But on a roleplay spectrum, if you care about animal cruelty in sylestia wouldn't you consider overbreeding, letting pets starve when your inactive and selling them to random unknown people who could do either of those things to them not cruel? If not, if roleplay wise your pets do great even in those moments, then they should also do great once released. As there are no given facts about released pets it's up to us what we make of it. And freedom to explore and go on adventures, for pets to go their own way like grown up kids do, is to me more beautifull then being stuck in a market with the reputation of dishwasher pet..
-I want my pets to be sold only to people who will treasure them and/or use them. ': Again, if you have certain wishes for certain pets to end up with certain people for certain purpuses, seek it out, Make an efford to make sure thats how they end up. If you don't make that efford you don't get to be upset with releasers when they buy them for different purposes.
-When you release pets you bought from me it feels like your telling me or my effords are not worth it.: I actualy speak from personal experience as a pet you bred being bought only to be released can hurt your feelings. Thats fine, we're all only human. But please believe me when I say I am not judging you as a person when I buy and release your pets. I know your just enjoying the game and having fun and experimenting with the breeding/selling aspects of the game. And the time you put in that does have value. But that value is not limited to the actual pet itself, but to the fun and experience your having/building. It really is nothing personal when I release your pets. I don't even read the names of the owners as I try to just release as much as I can as fast as I can to try and combat the mass breeding going on. You are worth it, never let your selfworth depend on the pets you have for sale. If you wish to be well known and loved breeder, talk to breeders, ask for advice, grow and learn as you play around with the system. Meanwhile I will release some of your practise pets and you get to become more familar with how it all works. We need not be enemies.

So long story short, if you feel the same, or even if you have different feelings entirely but still wish to join me in an efford to release more pets in a more orgenised manner as a team then ping me here and post that you wish to join. If you wish to add why you may, but it is not required. Once you do we can start making plans. The more people join of course the better

Edit: due to personal stress/health ishue reasons I have decided to quit Sylestia. Which means Alison280 will pick it up from here. Good luck everyone!
Edited By EraNime on 3/20/2020 at 7:36 PM.
Alison280
Level 70
Snow Wars Mastermind
Threads: 151
Posted: 3/20/2020 at 4:20 PM Post #2
I am still trying my best to organize this thread and see which format is the best, so I apologize if this looks a bit messy..
Members
(This post was originally asking to join, but I am re-using it :P)

Alison280 (Official Leader)
Beaubuddyz
Duckbunny427
EraNime (Founder )
Larkien
Mossflight
Musicdragon543827
Sawbill
Xedite
Edited By Alison280 on 4/6/2020 at 9:44 PM.
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 3/20/2020 at 4:36 PM Post #3
Welcome to the RA! I am happy to see you here. Lets hope others will join us, To keep an overview of who joined shall we add eachother to our contacts as RA members? It could be easier to PM and make plans with eachother and other members if others join as well that way.
Alison280
Level 70
Snow Wars Mastermind
Posted: 3/20/2020 at 4:37 PM Post #4
Ping List

Sawbill, Larkien, Duckbunny427, Mossflight2, Xedite, Musicdragon543827, Beaubuddyz

Edited By Alison280 on 4/6/2020 at 9:44 PM.
Alison280
Level 70
Snow Wars Mastermind
Posted: 3/20/2020 at 7:40 PM Post #5
I...need help organizing this thread-

Our current goals are to release all pets under 10 of any maturity. Once they are all finished we will be moving on to 50g and less ^^
Edited By Alison280 on 4/6/2020 at 9:39 PM.
Alison280
Level 70
Snow Wars Mastermind
Posted: 3/20/2020 at 7:40 PM Post #6
Releasing Leaderboard

I keep track of each members score for releasing sylesti, for now. You can receive prizes by moving on to different sections (50-499, 500-999, 1000). Still deciding on those..

-
~2500& over~

~500-2499~

- EraNime (1863)

- Larkien (903)

~50-499~
- Alison280 (355)

- Sawbill (135)

- Duckbunny427 (70)

-Musicdragon543827

~0-49~
Beaubuddyz (7)
Edited By Alison280 on 4/6/2020 at 9:50 PM.
Sawbill
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 25
Posted: 3/20/2020 at 11:23 PM Post #7
Hi, can I join?
Alison280
Level 70
Snow Wars Mastermind
Posted: 3/21/2020 at 10:16 AM Post #8
Sure! Im currently waiting for more players to join so we could have some kind of goal.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 3/21/2020 at 1:19 PM Post #9
May I join?
Alison280
Level 70
Snow Wars Mastermind
Posted: 3/21/2020 at 1:21 PM Post #10
Yeah. Lol I don't feel like I can do this on my own qwq
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.