Forum Index > Find Roleplayers > Among Ruins (sign up) RP/RPG
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Lampyridae
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 22
Posted: 3/16/2020 at 1:35 PM Post #1
Design characters, sign up, and vote on small details about this here.
The title is a placeholder, I'll think of something better. Or you can suggest.

Today, the forest is lovely and verdant. The sky is clear and dotted with Aurleons, wheeling above and calling to each other. A few Bulboris forage in the undergrowth, and you can see the silhouettes of a herd of Faeloras trotting behind the shadows of the trees. The year is 131 AE.

After Ethernia, or so some call it.

A century ago, the royals dared to set foot into the Lost Grove, after clearing away some of the wildlife and bandits and having established a small colony there. Progress was being made, this wild new dimension beginning to be conquered, civilized.

Days later, and without warning, the portal collapsed. Chancellor Aedernis tried valiantly to reopen the portal, or so he said, but no progress was made.

Not long after, the Avatars...vanished. They simply ceased to be. The most brilliant theorists and scientists failed to discern where to. After weeks of waiting in deserted stables, the Sylesti trickled away to seek lives in the wild. In the end, hunger drove even the most loyal companions from the emptied residences of their lost masters.

The fragmented bond between Sylesti and their humans or elves seemed to spread, and the Sylesti companions among the Sanctuary, the Haven, and finally Ethernia fled.

The people of Sylestia struggled with tasks that would have been effortless before. From repairing damage after storms to merely delivering mail, they could not innovate quickly enough to fill the void that their Sylesti had occupied.

The bigger cities drifted apart and receded into the wilderness without supplies and imports from the smaller towns, leaving the work of decades to crumble into quiet ruin, for the wilderness and now equally wild Sylesti to reclaim. It looks almost like it did in the earliest days of colonization now, a few small hamlets scattered across untamed lands, islands in a sea of plains, forests, and rivers untouched by man.

Today, Sylestia is very old, but very, very young again. A new chapter of history has started.

An odd RP/RPG set in the Sylestia universe, after the fall of Ethernia. You would play as one of the Sweet Blossom Orchard-available species: Aurleon, Bulbori, Draeyl, Faelora, Luffox, Lunemara, Lupora, Morkko, Nytekrie, Qitari, Vulnyx, or Zolnixi.
Since you would be a wild pet, please design your character as an epic at most. Thanks. Please remember that wild epics do not have restricted traits, and have at most 2 visible traits. Carries can count for something.

This is an RPG and it will place more emphasis on inventory and abilities (mutation wings would allow you to fly, for example, an armor mutation might allow you to deflect some blows) and there would be more plot and NPCs. (I, for one, want to find out where all the old characters are now.) To incentivize lower rarities and explain why commons are so common, lower rarities can have one, two, or three more abilities than epics.

To prevent any one player from controlling the entire story, it will be run in turns. Each player will respond once with their action, and I will do responses once either everyone has responded or the turn deadline has run out.
You can opt out of the turn deadline if you know you'll be unavailable during that period, and the responses will come out once everyone except the opt-outs have responded.

Signup form:
Username:
User ID:
Character Image:
Character Name:
Character Age: (optional, maximum of 50, none of you were around during Ethernia)
Personality:
Backstory: (leave blank if you'd like for me to fill in some bits)
RP or RPG:
Turns: (opt out, yes or no) (suggestion for length)

It is confirmed, this will be an RPG!
Edited By Lampyridae on 3/23/2020 at 1:01 PM.
Lampyridae
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 3/16/2020 at 1:35 PM Post #2
Once about five of the people mentioned before sign up, I'll set up the actual thread.
Current Players:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Played by: Anitsa, 115826

G3: (AA) Advanced Runes
M3: (FF) Feathered Wings

Name: Bluebell
Character Age: Adolescent
Personality: Playful, carefully curious, sassy, act like everyone's little sister/ joking rivalry and respect to everyone
Backstory: Had a fairly ordinary upbringing with her mother, father, and three brothers. Quite young, and just recently left the den to see the world and meet other Sylesti, as she's always been curious about the workings of the world. She hasn't lived a harsh life yet, but she still might.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Played By: Migam, 138021

M2: (NF) Storm Armor
Name: Aldaz
Character Age: 12 (Adult)
Personality: She is very calm, and too quiet - she loves to scare another sylesties just for fun - for the sake of the world; she unfortunately had to learn this to hunt properly, since her feathers was too colorful to hunt at night. Her curiosity is strong, and she usually listens to the conversations of others when she gets bored, follows strangers or just goes for something that catches her eye. She does her species justice by thinking on herself before any creature - even family - and only ignores her nature when she has to take care of hatchlings. Then she becomes a mother hen, and you should pity those who try to harm her chicks. Even if she is a predator, when she was young she had to eat things she wouldn't like, because her parents didn't try to feed her at first, so she started to eat plants and fruits. She now loves to eat apples, and sometimes sleeps on the branch of an apple tree.
Backstory: Aldaz was born under the wings of two good hunter parents, but as soon as she hatched from the egg, they decided to try for another son, and she was left behind because her feathers couldn't help her survive. Still, she learned of her parents when they trained her sister, and showed them her heritage by bringing down small prey with her. She grew up, and when she and her sister learned to fly, their parents decided to leave, leaving them ready to have their own lives. Aldaz traveled with her sister for a while before separating, and now sometimes they meet, but usually go their own ways.
Played By: Iyashi, 122066

G1: (EE) Husky
M2: (DD) Feathered Wings

Name: Raika
Character Age: Hatchling
Personality: A blank slate
Backstory: Parents gone, not much else to say
Played By: Windsofwinter, 141828

G3: (AA) Advanced Runes
M3: (DD) Dragon Scales

Name: Misha
Character Age: 35 (Adult)
Abilities: Armored, (1 more)
Personality: A seasoned warrior, though she never intended to be. Misha prefers the pursuits of a scholar, but was brought into war at a young age and forced to put her academic interests to the side. War broke her, and she doesnt trust easily and is haunted by the deaths she caused. She doesn't see herself as redeemable, and feels trapped in the life of a soldier. Most others see her as cold and detached, but occasionally her fun-loving bookish side resurfaces.
Backstory: When she was young, she was dragged into the conflict over the territories of the Western Remnants, and it expanded into the Eight-Year War. By the time the leaders of the opposing sides settled for a truce and drew out boundaries, she had been scarred by her time spent in combat. While she is still technically a warrior of the Fourth Regiment, they've mostly set to wandering. She has had time to contemplate what she's done and entertain the thought of deserting.
Played By: Sophiegrace, 122422

G1: (DD) Nature Runes
M3: (BB) Vine Flowers

Name: Artemis
Character Age: Adolescent
Personality: Artemis is very kind and thoughtful however she prefers to be alone most of the time. She is somewhat naive which often gets her into trouble. She doesn't trust people easily so it takes some time to get to know her but once you do you have her complete loyalty. Artemis tries to stay away from danger and is very cautious.
Backstory: Artemis hails from the western edge of the Remnants of Umbra, from a reasonably well-established herd that has frequented that area for the past 50 years. She had always been a devoted follower of the goddess of earth and life, Faerina, making sure to grow fresh flowers on her vines every day in her honor. An unfortunate incident that she still doesn't understand occurred, and the herd found her in the area at the time. Incensed, the friends and family she had known all her life drove her out. She fled, and guided, perhaps, by her goddess, she now seeks a new life in unfamiliar lands.
Played By: Sillerdragon, 137236

M1: (LL) Ornate Wing Guards
M2: Phoenix Armor

Name: Austintopia ( Austin for short )
Character Age: Young Adult
Personality: Austintopia has always been more daring and is a bit of a trouble maker, because of this behavior and having such a large family she tends to be a bit of a tomboy just to get attention. she also loves to sit at the tops of trees to look at the land and sometimes falls asleep observing the creatures under her. Austin is very social and likes to stick with a group.
Backstory: (leave blank if you'd like for me to fill in some bits)
Austintopia was born into a very large family having 8 sibling, with having so many siblings and her being the middle child her family didn't get much attention from birth. This caused her to get in trouble very often, turning her into a bit of a tomboy. As soon as Austintopia was old enough, she was thrown out of the nest to fend for herself. Soon after, Austintopia found a group of wanderers that she decided to join, after a few months she decided to explore the wonders of the world herself and leave the group. With sad goodbyes from the group, she left to explore her own world.
Edited By Lampyridae on 4/4/2020 at 9:11 PM.
Anitsa
Level 70
Cutely Creative
Threads: 10
Posted: 3/16/2020 at 2:04 PM Post #3
Username:Anitsa
User ID:115826
Character Image:
Character Name: BlueBell
Personality:Playful, carefully curious, sassy, act like everyone's little sister/ joking rivalry and respect to everyone
Backstory: (leave blank if you'd like for me to fill in some bits)you can do this for me
RP or RPG: RPG
Turns: (opt out, yes or no) (suggestion for length) Yes I will need this unless we start after the 20th

What does any of this have to do with your original question of am I a ducky
Migam
Level 74
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 24
Posted: 3/17/2020 at 3:19 AM Post #4
Username: Migam
User ID: 138021
Character Image:

Character Name: Aldaz
Character Age: 12 years old *
Personality: She is very calm, and too quiet - she loves to scare another sylesties just for fun - for the sake of the world; she unfortunately had to learn this to hunt properly, since her feathers was too colorful to hunt at night. Her curiosity it's strong, and she usually hear the conversations of others when get bored, follow strangers or just go for something that catch her eye. She does her species justice by thinking on herself before any creature - even family - and only ignores her nature when she had to take care of hatchlings, then she becomes a mother hen, and poor of those who try to harm her chicks. Even if she is a predator, when young, she had to eat things she wouldn't like because her parents didn't try to feed her at first, so she start to eat plants and fruits. She now love to eat apples, and sometimes sleep on the branch of an apple tree.
Backstory: Aldaz born under the wings of two good hunter parents, but as soon as she hatched of the egg, they try for another son, and she was left behind because her feathers couldn't help her survive. Still, she learned of her parents when they trained her sister, and showed them her heritage by bringing small preys with her. She grew up and, when she and her sister learned to fly, their parents decided to left, leaving them ready to have their live. Aldaz traveled with her sister, and now sometimes they meet, but usually go for they own way.
RP or RPG: Both? Both. Both. Both is good. Haha, I vote for RPG, I think we can have more fun like that, or a fusion of both (?
Turns: Opt? And I think we can wait 24 hours for each player.

* How works age here? I'm taking her 12 years like 24 human years lol
Edited By Migam on 3/17/2020 at 10:42 AM.
Lampyridae
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 3/17/2020 at 9:31 AM Post #5
You two are set up, now just awaiting Iyashi, possibly Ellbear, and possibly Kyberheart.
(It's interesting that you actually caught Aldaz, Migam! I have her down as a 3-star in the character list, though.)
Edited By Lampyridae on 3/17/2020 at 9:34 AM.
Migam
Level 74
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 24
Posted: 3/17/2020 at 2:38 PM Post #6
Aww thanks! And you caught me. I love her <3
I totally forgot I put the armor and let it as a carried trait hahaha
It's been a while since I don't write, and just a few attempts in english, but I'll give my best!
Lampyridae
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 3/17/2020 at 2:47 PM Post #7
It's fine! And I have plans for that armor...
Lampyridae
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 3/17/2020 at 5:20 PM Post #8
Hello, seem to have forgotten to mention--
You all will start in the Remnants of Umbra, which is essentially the border of Astryl's Vale and Umbra Forest.
Could each of you establish now whether you'd like to start on the west side (between Garden of the Magnates and Astryl's Tranquility) or the east side (between the Forgotten Tomb and Sweet Blossom Orchard)?
Iyashi
Level 70
Threads: 31
Posted: 3/17/2020 at 5:41 PM Post #9
Signup form:
Username: Iyashi
User ID: 122066
Character Image:
Now:

As adult:
\

Character Name: Raika
Character Age: Just past eggling
Personality: Still deciding
Backstory: Parents gone, not much else to say
RP or RPG: RPG
Turns: Yes, each person must write within 48 hours or skip their turn (with extra time allowed for people who are sick or request it.)
Edited By Iyashi on 3/17/2020 at 6:31 PM.
Windsofwinter
Level 65
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 31
Posted: 3/17/2020 at 6:03 PM Post #10
I'm in, but I will have to make my character tomorrow. Can I reserve a spot?

Also, RPG would be my preference.
Edited By Windsofwinter on 3/17/2020 at 6:03 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.