Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Bug Reporting > Disapearing Box Items
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Twistshadows
Level 65
Threads: 13
Posted: 9/3/2019 at 10:10 PM Post #1
I posted this under Q & A, and it does seem to be a bug!
(previous post here )

I opened a box of sculpting supplies in my inventory recently. When I open the box, it popped up saying I received all the items, but the only things that appeared in my inventory were the enriched sand and the pink coating. I had open inventory slots, and none of it showed up in my sand building page or in player trades. I triple checked my inventory, and I didn't have any of the items for them to stack. The items seem to have vanished. Additionally, I found 4 more siren tears and a few blue coatings when treasure hunting, and they also seemed to have joined the void? The enriched sand I found has appeared though. I have no idea what happen to the missing items, and I haven't moved the sand or pink coating just in case.

What can I do about this situation? Thank you for any help!
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 9:07 AM Post #2
For Siren Tears specifically,

It looks like a Stack of 1 is in your Trades currently.

And then you had a Stack of 9 that was not anywhere so I manually added them into your Inventory.

This seems to be a recurring issue and it seems to be that Beach Treasure Seeking is a likely culprit. I'm going to have to take a look to see what it's doing with the reward script that's causing issues and then run a big script to try and find all the voided items for all players as it's probably a lot at this point.
Twistshadows
Level 65
Threads: 13
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 1:30 PM Post #3
Thank you very much! The stack in my trades was from before everything started going missing, haha. Is there something else I should look for about the other missing items? Opening the Box of Sculpting Agents only granted me Sand and Pink Coating, and I was wondering about the other items. Thank you again for your help! The festival is a lot of fun!
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 1:35 PM Post #4
I began to dig a little deeper and discovered that something is really off with these 'in the void' items. There are thousands across many players.

Unfortunately, it's going to take some time to investigate to figure out exactly what is going on and why this is happening. But I will try to resolve this as quickly as I can.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 2:28 PM Post #5
Huh...I probably lost some stuff that means.

I went for the 250 shovel/fishing pole and also item boxes, pouch rewards....

So I probably lost stuff I just didn't bother to look since I always keep stuff in my invent.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 10:43 PM Post #6
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=80407&page=1#5
Author: Orcastration
Time Posted: 9/4/2019 at 2:28 PM
Huh...I probably lost some stuff that means.

I went for the 250 shovel/fishing pole and also item boxes, pouch rewards....

So I probably lost stuff I just didn't bother to look since I always keep stuff in my invent.

I don't believe you are on the list of affected Players.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 10:48 PM Post #7
Oh ok then.

(I'm not exactly keeping track so idk especially with the amount of stuff i've been picking up I just...never bother to look since i'm more interested in grinding XD)

THanks anyway!
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 9/6/2019 at 8:46 AM Post #8
So what was happening was when an item would expire from the Tradebroker and be sent to your Trades, the database was not marking the item as "in mail". This then let new items stack onto that existing stack because it checks to see if an item is either on the Tradebroker or in Trades before stacking. Since the mail check was succeeding, it thought it was a valid item to stack onto.

I fixed the underlying issue and then ran a script to set all items in trades to the proper value and now there are less than a dozen broken items across the game - instead of thousands.

If you are still missing these items, they should be in your Trades.

Also, most likely, the Siren Tears that I manually added to your Inventory will probably become duplicated in your Inventory once you accept that Trade. Once you consume the stack, just hit the trash can icon from your Inventory to remove the duplicated stack.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 10/6/2019 at 6:25 PM Post #9
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=80407&page=1#8
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 9/6/2019 at 8:46 AM
So what was happening was when an item would expire from the Tradebroker and be sent to your Trades, the database was not marking the item as "in mail". This then let new items stack onto that existing stack because it checks to see if an item is either on the Tradebroker or in Trades before stacking. Since the mail check was succeeding, it thought it was a valid item to stack onto.

I fixed the underlying issue and then ran a script to set all items in trades to the proper value and now there are less than a dozen broken items across the game - instead of thousands.

If you are still missing these items, they should be in your Trades.

Also, most likely, the Siren Tears that I manually added to your Inventory will probably become duplicated in your Inventory once you accept that Trade. Once you consume the stack, just hit the trash can icon from your Inventory to remove the duplicated stack.

Nice find, and great fix!

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.