Posted: 11/3/2019 at 5:08 PM Post #261
Okay, got it
Sp00ns
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 75
Posted: 11/4/2019 at 11:48 AM Post #262
Notice

I'll be going on a slight hiatus for a while, I will not have time to go through the entries until I am 100% back and active again. I might be on for a few minutes every once in a while but it won't be too significant so don't expect much of anything.

This will also result in a displacement of set activities for this month [ie: might be canceled], today is the final day that I will be active entirely for a couple of weeks [more or less], so any questions you have now should be asked while I am sure that I will have the time. I appreciate your understanding of this, as it is rather sudden, and sort of lengthy. Everyone may still post their writings and whatnot, this does not change anything about that. I've found myself busy often and will soon be opening up an 'overseer application' when I return to make things easier.

Again, thank you for understanding.

-Amani
Cupcakecat29
Level 41
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 0
Posted: 11/4/2019 at 12:08 PM Post #263
ok thanks for the notice
Wastedpoodle
Level 71
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 38
Posted: 11/26/2019 at 8:58 AM Post #264
Ooh, I'd like to join! :D
My ID is 110444
My join date is... technically whenever you accept me... but right now it's 11/26/19
My preferred WRITING (not reading :P) genre is fantasy/adventure
My age is nine-hundred eighty-seven million six-hundred fifty-four thousand three-hundred twenty-one eons old
I'd like to be a both writer and editor, if anyone needs a grammar FREAK
I'm looking for criticism... not 'ooh that's nice i like it lawlz great job keep it up', so PLEASE... tear it apart
Also I prefer READING humor/comedy books ;w; and books with plot twists that keep me guessing
Irae
Level 62
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 88
Posted: 11/26/2019 at 9:25 AM Post #265
ID: 116504
Join date?: 8/26/2018?
Preffered: Fiction
Writer
Other facts:
I have a storytelling forum(If you like to be pinged there let me know https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=83079)
I have an account on allpoetry.com where I write all my poems (Name on there is Shadow Night)
Sp00ns
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 11/26/2019 at 11:57 AM Post #266
Welcome to WoS Alphadawg & Poeticthoughts!

I'm afraid that I'm still not going to be a hundred percent active for another week or two, however, feel free to share your own stories and keep this place alive!
Wastedpoodle
Level 71
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/26/2019 at 12:30 PM Post #267
Thanks! I'll get posting, then-
Wastedpoodle
Level 71
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/26/2019 at 12:33 PM Post #268
Just the prologue for now- Hope you like it-

Prologue
If you asked anyone in Saile'm Village to describe Lilith in one word, they would reply 'something'. If you asked what they meant by this, they would simply explain she sure was something. If you asked them to explain her in one sentence, it would be 'one confused, lost, lonely child'. And if you explained that this was a run-on, not a sentence, they'd say 'You'd best run-on before I introduce you to my switchblade.'

Very few people actually like being told they are wrong, which makes the people of Saile'm Village fairly normal. When Lilith came to an age that she could decide what she thought was right and what she thought was wrong, many people in Saile'm Village found they could hardly stand being in the same room as her. So they often weren't.

Most of her ideas had to do with freedoms that just aren't allowed in a universe of video game characters.

Growing up experiencing nearly constant loneliness does odd things to the development of a child. Having more time to think, they experience difficult and dangerous things called 'ideas'. Eventually, when she reached an age where children usually start going to school, she started to express her ideas to her classmates. Their parents convinced them she was not worth their time. Luckily for Lilith, though, there was one student who had no parents.

No one actually knew what happened to Qehna's parents. All that were left of them was their daughter and a handful of rumors. Seeing as rumors are generally unreliable, there is no reason for them to be listed here. Qehna never understood Lilith's loneliness, nor her ideas. One thing she did understand was that Lilith didn't care if no one understood; she was all talk, and needed someone to talk to if she was to refrain from discussing existential matters with rocks and the occasional clay pot.

Lilith, unfortunately, did not listen to Qehna very often. When Qhena pleaded to Lilith to reconsider her idea to leave school, Lilith didn't listen. Not until several years later. When both of the girls had reached the age of nine, Qehna finally convinced her friend to come back, though it was just for one day.
Lilith enjoyed being in school again, except for one rough bit when the other kids locked her in the janitor's closet and she missed lunch because of it. She liked the learning. It helped her with her ideas, but if she told anyone else that, she had the idea they would force her to stop coming without her deciding for herself. She was probably right.

That day, Lilith had her most brilliant idea yet, during the last lesson, history.

"Take out your books and turn to page... oh, whatever, it's the fourth set of yellow pages."

After all the students turned the pages of their vast textbooks to the next lesson, he looked around the room. "This is a very sensitive part of our history." He tapped the book, and neon sticky notes fluttered out of its contents. "They almost removed it entirely, to avoid... dangerous circumstances. Now..." he looked evenly at the expressions of apprehension that had crept across his students' faces (the ones that were paying attention, that is. But school isn't exactly a requirement in video games, so he didn't care if no one listened as long as he was payed). "Does anyone know anything about the Rebellion?"

About half of the class silently shook their heads, others doodled, others read ahead, and two boys in the back failed to stifle a laugh at some inside joke. Some just stared.

Lilith thought.

The teacher, satisfied that no one knew what he was talking about, cleared his throat and began the story he had recited for years. "A long time ago, there was a group of characters who had a very dangerous idea." Lilith nodded. 'Dangerous' was how she'd always heard ideas described. "It was to go against their destinies and be whatever they wanted to be." As if he'd threatened to eliminate Battle Royale from the list of video game genres, the class fell silent and stared at him, gaping. The two boys giggled again. The teacher glanced at them before taking a deep breath and continuing. "Imagine, if you will, a Villain decides to be a Hero. An NPC a Princess. A Mentor a Henchman. Why do you think this would be bad?"

Lilith shook her head incomprehensibly. A new idea came to mind.

The teacher didn't allow his now-whispering students to answer. "Because," he started, and the class fell silent, "there is a very careful balance in the Universe. Librada forbid, if we were to disturb this balance..." he stiffened his hands into claws and put the tips of his fingers together. "The very fabric of our existence would just..." he jerked his hands away from each other "...rip itself apart. And it almost did." He leaned nonchalantly on his desk and fixed his glasses. "Imagine a game with two Heroes and no Villain. There would be no game!" He watched a student pass out and fought off a smile. He called the nurse and school counselor respectively as the students began shouting among themselves behind him. When he turned back, they fell silent after only a few moments. He stood, letting the tension mount to an intolerable scale.
"Now," he finally said, clapping his hands once before stepping from behind his desk and letting his arms swing aimlessly at his sides, "Who would like to read the first paragraph?"

The history of the first Rebellion is one that need not be recited here, but in a later time it will be written, though it may actually have the full truth of its time.

Lilith would have liked to return to school, but she knew on that day what she had to do. She wasn't sure why. She had no idea how. Since you are clearly smart enough to comprehend what you are reading (it can otherwise be assumed you would have moved to another story by this point), that intelligence will not be insulted by reciting the cliche stunt that Lilith was about to pull for whatever reasons she may have had or whatever reasons she decides on later.

No more background is needed. The story is starting now. Move along, then, or close this tab and let this story fall out of your memory like all other benign cliches that will have no effect on the path of your life in the long run.
Sp00ns
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 12/8/2019 at 12:28 PM Post #269
Its been a wee bit of time since I've been active on here for an extended enough period of time, but I'm back!
I hope I wasn't inactive for too long, feel free to post whatever (as long as it's related to the subject of this thread)

-Amani

I've also run into an issue, of someone changing their username and not notifying me or making a post about it on the thread. If you are one of those people tell me immediately so I can adjust the details of this community to fit your new username.
Sp00ns
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 12/9/2019 at 2:30 PM Post #270
This is very intriguing, I hope to see more of it in the future! ^^
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 26, 27, 28
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.