Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Writing Story Contest
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Ladyshannon
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 145
Posted: 8/8/2019 at 5:07 PM Post #1
Welcome to the writing story contest.. This is in honor of being on here for 1 year.. It starts now and will end on 8-16-19 @ 10:00p.m. game time.

Theme for the story:
You are at a party, so tell me: Who is there, what is going on, what problems if any are happening.. Be creative and have fun with this.. There is no set limit on how long your story can be..

Prizes Will Be:(There will only be 1 winner for each place, so 3 winners)
1st Place: 500 Diamonds
2nd Place: 250 Diamonds
3rd Place: 125 Diamonds
Ladyshannon
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/8/2019 at 5:07 PM Post #2
Edited By Ladyshannon on 8/8/2019 at 5:32 PM.
Musicdragon543827
Level 49
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 20
Posted: 8/9/2019 at 12:51 AM Post #3
Zero
Warning may trigger or offend some because of bullying and suicidal topics spoken of!

My name is Zero, I am a 16 year old girl with long silver braided hair and golden eyes, and I go to Rosalie Grand High. Yes RGH the most prestigious high school in all of England. This school is known for the powers they help students control, and depending on how strong that power is determines your popularity. What's my power you ask? I can Shapeshift, but it has consequences. When I overuse my power it shortens my life by many years, even sometimes a decade. Now you must be wondering how popular I am considering the hierarchy at my school... I am ranked Zero, like my namesake. Reason being is that no one knows my powers not a soul but the board of directors that run the school. I have never had to use more than a fraction of my powers and I like it that way. Because of my school rank I am the target of all bullying... I once even considered ending it all, but then I saw his smile and that gave me the will to live, for hope that I will one day find true love. Yes I had a crush on one of the most popular guys at Rosalie Grand High, His name was Casey Greenhorn and he was ranked second most popular.

Today was the announcement of the annual grand ball that RGH hosted every year would be in one week. The ball not only was a dance and a chance to show off your outfit but a series of games as well. Some of the activities included mazes, duels, and fights between mythical beasts and the students brave enough to take them on. I knew as soon as the teacher gave the news Hailey a girl with long curly brown hair my age and long time bully glanced at me and snickered.
"I wonder what kind of garbage bag outfit your gonna bring this time, huh Z?"
Z was the nickname she gave me. I walked out of the classroom as the bell had just rung for the last period of the day. When I left the door way she used her power (Water Manipulation) to encase my head in a personal dome of water. This happened at least every other day and I was used to it. Eventually I became better at holding my breath, I guess I could thank Hailey for that.

Casey had no idea what he was gonna do about a date for the ball. Sure he could have any girl he wanted except the one he truly loved... Zero. But because of the schools hierarchy he could never be seen with her or he could risk his reputation, and her life.

The week flew by quickly and I had picked out my dress it was a mid thigh teacup dress that was a dark royal purple with lots of lace around the neckline and hemline. The last thing I had to do was find a date... That is going to be impossible I thought! Little did I know schemes were floating around. People always asked what my powers were, Hailey always joked it was water breathing due to the torment I regularly suffered, and this year my homeroom class was determined to find out. Hailey awhile back found out that I had a crush on Casey and now she was going to take advantage of that, and one of Hailey's friends, Emily had the power to create illusions.

The ball was this night and I still had no date to go with. Well I still wanna go to at least see the competitions. That night when I arrived I got a note handed to me by the school president, Vincent. Wonder what this is? I open the letter and read, Meet me at the training fields - Casey Why does my crush want to see me? My mind was racing a million miles an hour. I jogged out to the field to see my worst nightmare...

Standing there in the field was a demon, the most powerful enemy known to mankind. Not only was the demon standing there it was about to kill an unconscious Casey!
"NO!" I screamed. This was it, I was transforming! The process was a quick one but it felt like an eternity. I could feel my limbs stretching and moving to fit the shape I desired. The shape of a silver dragon! The shapeshift was in the blink of an eye and I did not think twice before letting loose on the demon.

I was a monster. When I was done all that was left of the creature from hell was burnt scraps flung across the school field. Many people looked at me with a fearful glint in their eye as the head of the demon lay at my feet. That's when the illusion broke like a rock hitting a still pond. The head at my feet was no longer the demons but Casey's. I could only stare in disbelief there was no demon, just the love of my life dead before my eyes. I heard Hailey scream along with many other, "YOU KILLED HIM!" "MONSTER!" SHE"S THE REAL DEMON!" There was to much for me to comprehend so I flew. I flew so far I was above the Atlantic sea three days later. No stopping to rest, no eating, no water, nothing. I was so far out I could only see the water around me. That's when I collapsed mid flight and fell into the black reaches of the restless ocean.

I did not deserve Case, I did not deserve life nor happiness. So I didn't struggle and I let the darkness consume me. I guess Hailey was wrong, I chuckled to myself letting the last of my breath go, my power isn't water breathing. IT'S DEATH! Then all was dark.
Edited By Musicdragon543827 on 8/9/2019 at 1:05 AM.
Vineyiea
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 187
Posted: 8/13/2019 at 12:34 PM Post #4
The Masqurade Ball

Around and around they went, whirling and twisting on a marble dance floor. With chandeliers of crystal, and pillars of silver, positioned around a throne of glass, upon which the King sat. Dressed completely in black, with an ebony crown, he held his head high, cruel black eyes surveying the room. The women wore beautiful white ballgowns, with skirts that twisted around them, and bodices covered in sequins and gems, and silver jewels that glittered upon their necks and wrists. The men, all in crisp white suits, with buttons that were polished until they sparkled. It was a palace of no colour. For the King, thought that colour was ugly, and therefore unbefitting of him to look at.

When the song ended, the people stopped as one and turned to the staircase. At the top, I stood. Taking a moment to gather my nerves, I started my descent down the staircase. When the King saw me, his eyes tightened. A small smile tugged at my lips. For I had worn a striking deep red ballgown, with a lace-up back, and a bottom that cascaded down like flowing water. Rubies hung at my throat, and I wore a golden crown. In a world that had only shades of white and black, I was a sudden splash of colour. I had carefully planned this, a show of strength, a show of defiance against my fathers weakening rule.

Approaching the dance floor, the people parted like water, giving me a direct path to the King. Slowly and regally I glided towards him, without wavering, staring right back at him, never giving in. Knowing he wouldnt scold me, not here, for that would have been a show of weakness on his part. The King gave a strained smile, then inclined his head and gestured for me to join the dance.

Just like that, the music started once again, and the couples began to twirl around. The people were nothing more than puppets, doing as their puppeteer commanded. But I had different ideas, for long ago I had cut the string that attached me to my father. I was free, and I wasnt going to let him forget it. I would be a blood-red stain in the sea of white, and I knew my time to rule was coming quickly. Hair as black as the night, flew around me, as my emerald eyes glittered in satisfaction. Nothing could stop me now, and soon, everyone would dance to the tune of my own choosing.
Twinkleunicorn
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 119
Posted: 8/13/2019 at 12:42 PM Post #5
The solid rock
Fred Parker was thinking about Joshua Meadows again. Joshua was a clumsy giant with blonde eyebrows and greasy thighs.

Fred walked over to the window and reflected on his creepy surroundings. He had always loved snooty Dallas with its lively, lovely lakes. It was a place that encouraged his tendency to feel stable.

Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the a clumsy figure of Joshua Meadows.

Fred gulped. He glanced at his own reflection. He was a down to earth, remarkable, brandy drinker with skinny eyebrows and handsome thighs. His friends saw him as an ashamed, amused academic. Once, he had even saved a shrill baby that was stuck in a drain.

But not even a down to earth person who had once saved a shrill baby that was stuck in a drain, was prepared for what Joshua had in store today.

The wind blew like skipping mice, making Fred sneezy. Fred grabbed a solid rock that had been strewn nearby; he massaged it with his fingers.

As Fred stepped outside and Joshua came closer, he could see the annoyed smile on her face.

"I am here because I want revenge," Joshua bellowed, in a hopeful tone. She slammed her fist against Fred's chest, with the force of 7438 owls. "I frigging hate you, Fred Parker."

Fred looked back, even more sneezy and still fingering the solid rock. "Joshua, I love you," he replied.

They looked at each other with afraid feelings, like two hushed, homeless humming birds rampaging at a very daring Halloween party, which had orchestral music playing in the background and two cowardly uncles partying to the beat.

Fred studied Joshua's blonde eyebrows and greasy thighs. Eventually, he took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, but I can't give you revenge," he explained, in pitying tones.

Joshua looked relaxed, her body raw like a heavy, huge hawk.

Fred could actually hear Joshua's body shatter into 2182 pieces. Then the clumsy giant hurried away into the distance.

Not even a glass of brandy would calm Fred's nerves tonight.

THE END
Fairyheart
Level 66
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 29
Posted: 8/14/2019 at 11:42 PM Post #6
A Midsummer's Garden Party

Bright dappled sunlight lighted up the green grass, the leaves dancing in the warm summer draft. Light music notes created a sense of euphoria as the crowd of lilting equanimous faeries. They all wore glittering gowns and suits, all grace and grandeur. Their dance floor was marked out by a variety of flowers; pale daisies and bright dianthus are two of the more distinguishable as the fae waltz to the strange melody.
Or at least strange to the only human in attendance.
She swayed side to side, her cream skirt with its lavender lace at the hem and sleeves swished and shined with the slightest movement. Her ginger hair and freckles were at odds with the flawless skin and hair of the fae, her eyes shined with life while their's were empty and devoid of kindness or joy both emotions they attempted to display but were cast aside like masks far too soon for them to be believable.
This girl had yet to be asked to dance and she stood near the refreshment table, a stone table with honeysuckles climbing the legs and reaching for the crystal bowls filled with what she had assumed to be lemonade but had resolved not to drink any, for the fae were dangerous and everyone knows not to trust them. But everyone also knew not to anger them, and it was for that reason alone she was present at the faeries' midsummer's party.
All of a sudden a matching faerie pair was bowing and curtsying to her left, she froze with surprise but quickly returned it. She tried to keep her painfully curious eyes from staring but she found she couldn't stop herself from looking.
They both had flat grey eyes, no highlights, not even the sun's glow softened the harshness that they tried to mask with smiles as they talked to her, they were talking to her! Her realization made her breathe in sharply breaking her eyes away from theirs. She quietly hoped they had only thought it very intent eye contact.
"Are you alright? I knew humans were fragile but I really had hoped to speak to you since it is so rare to see one here, is that not correct dear?"
"It is indeed." The taller man nodded but paused thoughtfully. "Perhaps if we told her our human given names that would ease her."
The woman seemed to agree in her own strange way. "My name is Chaos, and this is:"
"Order. And what, pray tell, is your human given name?"
She gulped and she nervously tucked her hands deeper into the creases of her gown. "Amorette."
They smiled in unison, but their eyes remained emotionless as Chaos began to talk again. "That sounds pretty but what does it mean? That name does not seem to be as forthcoming as our human given names, I mean over there in the red lacy frock is Adultery and him over there he is Illness.."
Amorette looked around to the different fae whose names Chaos prattled off, her eyes coming to rest on a fair-haired young man in an evergreen suit with a white undershirt and golden accents and buttons. He leaned against a crabapple tree's mossy bark as he tossed one of the little fruits in his palm intently, never letting it drop.
Amorette distractedly asked for his name.
"Who? Oh. He's Deceit." Order replied nonchalantly as he could be, but it was impossible for him to hide the slight tones of intrigue.
"...and the one in the periwinkle gown is Hiraeth. That seems to be all the important members in attendance."
Amorette, confused and slightly disturbed as she realized that Chaos hadn't paused for breath that whole time, piped up with a new question. "Members of what exactly?"
"Members of-"
"May I cut in?"
Another set of grey eyes stared down at Amorette.
She flinched into a curtsy and when she looked up she was met with the sight of the blonde male fae in the evergreen suit, Deceit.
He smiled courteously and nodded to Chaos and Order as if dismissing them.
Once the other two faeries had wandered off, still tittering about this or that, Deceit turned his attention and unnerving eyes to Amorette.
"Would you like to dance?"
Amorette knew that to refuse would be rude and to accept would perhaps be vastly more dangerous, suddenly she felt trapped. A suffocating thought even as she stood in a grove of colorful trees that lay in the center of a vast meadow.
She took a short nervous breath and managed a weak smile and a curt reply. "Yes, that sounds very pleasant."
He offered her the crook of his arm and she cautiously accepted. Wary of every step as she approached the expanse of flowers, she thought of how tightly she had laced her corset and thoroughly regretted that decision.
The faeries effortlessly glided out of the way to avoid Deceit, moving back into place like the door to a cage. Once they reached the center Deceit removed her hand from his arm and guided it to his shoulder, she stiffened as she felt his cool hand firmly grasp her waist. He grabbed Amorette's other hand and began to guide her in a dance she had never even heard of to foreign music at a party that was akin to walking into a nest of vipers.
She tried to calm down her heart as is it beat wildly like a bird trapped in her ribs. One breath after another, swaying to and fro with a confident lead, her heart calmed and she found comfort as she admired the intricate looping gold design on Deceit's coat.
The music grew softer and Deceit advanced. He gently reeled her closer clawing for a grasp on the silken material of her gown.
"Amorette, what a lovely name, whatever does it mean?" He whispered in her ear.
Amorette's eyes fluttered close and she arched her back at the sound of his voice, sensuous and quiet.
"It means-" Her breathless whisper was cut short as the song ended and they broke apart, whatever spell had been cast shattering as they clapped to an orchestra that she noticed was nowhere to be found, another enchantment, like a tangled spiderweb and she was a fly.
Her thoughts came rushing back, drowning out her momentary clairvoyance and she cut a look of wary reproach to Deceit who wore a face of innocence all too well. He offered his arm yet again and she took it, not knowing quite why she let him lead her back to the still abandoned refreshment table.
He released her hand from the crook of his arm and she found her mind clear once more. He smirked at her, the type of handsome that would slit your throat while you were admiring it.
She shook her head and realized she needed an answer.
"Deceit, how did you know my name?"
"Better yet, how do you know mine?"
Amorette frowned, unhappy with the way he danced around questions. "I asked Order."
"A little bird told me yours." He looked up into a nearby maple tree, and sure enough, there sat an innocent-seeming sparrow.
"Amorette I do believe you have been keeping something of importance from me. So,"
He paused to grab a crystal cup and poured some of the honey-colored drink into it, turning back to her he strode closer, his blonde hair brushed against her forehead, his free arm snaked around her waist, as he whispered demandingly: "What does your name mean?"
A drowsy warmth descended on her as she replied with the truth. "It means little love." The words tasted like a mistake.
Deceit's smile grew wicked as he whispered, "you must be thirsty, drink, little love."
A sickly sweet liquid ran down Amorette's throat as she felt her strength drain.
"You never should have trusted Deceit with the truth. You foolish mortal." He turned to face the crowd of faeries, who had been watching the whole spectacle as one would a play, he proclaimed "Today a new member of the Court of the Fae joins us, Betrayal."
They all clapped, feigning smiles of pleasant surprise as Betrayal was released from Deceit's grasp, stumbling back.
Unblemished skin, perfectly straight hair, and flat, cold, unnerving grey eyes, stood before the court of fae. Their newest member in attendance.
Deceit cast aside the ambrosia, letting it stain the green grass gold and his sparrow came to land on the table.
Betrayal's legs collapsed from underneath her, her gown a crush of vanity beneath her, and she wept for the mortality she had lost because of her foolhardy nature.
She sobbed until it became a maniac laugh until she was laughing with the faeries, her eyes inhuman and frighteningingly emotionless.
"What unfortunate mortal shall we invite next year?"

The End
Edited By Fairyheart on 8/16/2019 at 5:27 PM.
Ladyshannon
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/16/2019 at 10:21 PM Post #7
This contest is closed for judging
Ladyshannon
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/16/2019 at 11:55 PM Post #8
Winners:

1st Place: Fairyheart - 500 diamonds

2nd Place: Musicdragon543827 - 250 diamonds

3rd Place: Vineyiea - 125 diamonds

I will be giving out prizes tomorrow..

Please setup diamond exchanges for 1g..

If you do not know how to setup a diamond exchange Ping me and let me know.. I will explain how to do it..
Ladyshannon
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/18/2019 at 8:11 AM Post #9
Please make your diamond exchange so I can give you your prize please..
Musicdragon543827
Level 49
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 20
Posted: 8/19/2019 at 10:27 AM Post #10
I'm sorry I do not know how to set one up
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.