Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Wild Stats (how much do they go down wit...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 48
Posted: 5/13/2019 at 10:49 AM Post #1
I have a question for anyone who likes to crunch numbers:

How much do Wild Stats go down with each breeding generation? I can't seem to figure it out, since there is so much fluctuation.

And if two pets with wild stats are bred together, is there a higher chance of keeping higher wild stats?

I assume, so far, that wild stats of the two parents mix together to form a random number between the two (just like normal breeding). Then a semi-random negative modifier for wild stats is applied (to bring the wild stat number down).

1) Am I on the right track? If not, how does wild stat breeding transfer?
2) If this is basically correct, then how much is the "penalty" when breeding wild stats?

Thanks!^^
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 5/13/2019 at 2:13 PM Post #2
Xavion would be a good person to ask about this.

I can tell you that Snowfield is the ancestor of all of Xav's superlups. Looking at his direct children (whose other parents were all max stats with zero wild stats), their wild stats seemed to go down by ~60-100 points in health and ~3-5 points in other stats.
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/14/2019 at 2:19 AM Post #3
Thanks Somn. I was wondering in cases of two wild stats together.
Btw, pinging you Xav, in case you have any ideas.

For example, a pet with 30 wild stats bred with 0 wild stats seems to lose ~5 or so points for a stat. (Not a random number 0 to 30 minus ~5...)

But what about a pet with 30 wild stats bred with, say, 20 wild stats. Would the drop be less? I can't seem to figure out the numbers...

There is definitely a (semi)random factor at play, but I can't figure it out.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 5/14/2019 at 11:53 AM Post #4
From the brief amount of testing I did when wild stats first came around, it seems to drop at a percentile rate but I've lost all of that info. Shouldn't be too hard to get some quick references, though, so keeping with Som's mention of Snowfield, here's how the generational lines decreased.

Health seems to fall between 10-15% decrease
Mana seems to lose up to 30%
Base stats seem to lose between 5-10%

Breeding a Wild Stat with a Wild Stat does seem to have an effect on the results but I'm not entirely sure how it works. For the example where it was bred to a wild stat, it was this pet who was bred from un-named and Bloodhowl. The -0 loss has me most intrigued, which was based from a dex of +41 on bloodhowl and +39 on un-named. (Granted, for Bloodhowl it was a -2 loss for the offspring, but still it's significantly lower than other stats.)

That's about as far as I got when first analyzing the wild stats; it was proof enough that maxed with wild stats would be a worthy venture so I focused more on the projects instead. ^^;
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 5/14/2019 at 8:20 PM Post #5
I wonder if perhaps when it's two being bred together, it does something similar to regular stats? Like, "pick a random number between parent A and parent B" but then additionally "subtract X amount" per grove bonus usual. Since one stat only dropped 2 points at most in such case, maybe the amount lost is also different?

I feel like you'd need to test out some pets with almost identical grove bonus (since grove bonuses are random within the range that the pet's rarity allows, so finding two higher rarity pets with identical ones would be tricky) and some with wildly different grove bonus (like a rare with an epic or soemthing?
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/16/2019 at 12:19 PM Post #6
Yeah, it would take a bit of testing. The problem with semi-randomness is that it takes a lot of repetitions for a pattern to become clear! A few breedings likely wouldn't be enough.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.