Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Festival Retired Boxes
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 5/9/2019 at 4:21 PM Post #1
When it comes to retired avatar boxes the drop table is ever-growing. If you're after a few select items that you either couldn't manage to obtain or simply weren't around for, it means your odds of getting what you're after diminish even further with every year.

I've been mulling this over with a friend and we had a few ideas for it.

1: Boxes for the individual year. That was the initial thought, but it would bring in some issues for enemies that are seen through multiple years. So it's a little iffy with some gray areas.

2: Divide the rarity tiers. Uncommon, rare, epic, and legendary items, different box for the different tiers. Naturally for the higher tiers, it would require a higher pricetag - especially the legendary since most of those are either very hard to obtain or they're the recolorable ones.

3: My personal favorite, boss loot boxes. Ferrikki Tamer box next year for their items, Headless Horseman box for his items during the back-in-the-day Fall Fest, Corrupted Dryad box for those items, Cicada Aviator box, so on and so forth. Whatever festival the enemy appeared for, give 'em a retired box when that festival rolls around again.
* this would also help for new players who will have no idea what items were available in past festivals. Most items even I'm like "... was that Spring or Summer..? Items don't say anything and it was years ago so I have no idea anymore..."
* also with this setup, festival shop items would need their own box as well. Perhaps festival shop items by year? Still it would pose a problem of "well what year were the _____ items put in the shop because that's what I'm hoping for..."

At the very least, actually being able to SEE the loot table would be nice. Not only would it solve the "was ____ even from this festival?" question, it would also give us a better insight on the odds of getting what we're after.

In a personal case, something that is NOT one of the 23 rare balloons. Think it was last year or the one before that, but despite having NONE of them at the time, I acquired 18/23 of those items hunting for certain things in the Spring Box... And no, I never got what I was looking for. .-. I just got seemingly endless repeats of the many balloons that I sold for 100-1000 gold over the next year.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 5/9/2019 at 4:28 PM Post #2
(Do you still have any balloons? I only got two and I'm collecting avi items mostly helds right now ;P)

But yeah.

Maybe

I mean, i honestly don't care what fest an item is from unless it's like part of a set or something.

As long as I don't have it I'll take it.

But for other peeps....maybe.

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.