Players 2,315 340
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,264,731 1,001
Generated 656,499 8
Captured 1,191,325 39
Bred 6,416,812 954
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Help With Party Stats and Builds?
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Kaufee
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 110
Posted: 10/29/2013 at 4:16 PM Post #1
Okay, so I've played a lot of RPGs and such with builds like the ones recommended here but I do have a few questions.

My main party are my pets Kohron, Categanda, and Droen, the first three pets in my stable, if you want to have a look at them. Anyway.

Kohron and Categanda are my glass cannons, and Droen is my tank. On other games, like World of Warcraft which I played for far too long, it has been drilled into my mind that the way to build a tank is not to build full HP but instead to build damage mitigation with a little bit of HP, but most of the time the tank is just dodging/mitigating damage so the health doesn't matter too much. That is what I've done for my dear Droen, but he still seems rather squishy. In boss battles he's the first to die, so my glass cannons have enough health to stay alive and not die constantly, but obviously I need my tank to last longer.

Am I silly for stacking so much agility? Should I go back and prioritize HP?

The other thing I found interesting is that all of the guides I've read have told me to prioritize strength/intellect on my glass cannons followed by dexterity. Again, as WoW and other games have taught me, I've done the opposite on Kohron, my physical cannon, while I have done as suggested on Categanda, my caster cannon. In battle, Kohron does far more damage than Cat, almost double, but she is fire she hits multiple targets. Is it normal for caster cannons to do less damage than physical cannons because they hit multiple targets, or should I try to stack dexterity on her as well?

I really just wanted someone's input who has been maxed level for a while and has a solid build they know works for them. Maybe the problem is the attacks I'm choosing. Anyway, thanks for any responses and for reading all this yak.
Ash
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 44
Posted: 10/29/2013 at 7:16 PM Post #2
Health is huge on Syl. I prefer to put all of my tanks points in health, and then supplement some agility by focusing on it with my equipment choices. The reason for this is because your mend skill is based on your maximum health. If you can get a pet who takes around 1% of their health in dmg each turn you'll never have to heal any other way, because you can just mend every time it's up and never hit low health. There's no harm in putting some stats in agility (or even str/int if you want to get some extra mitigation and dmg on your pet). I do have some hybrid tanks that work well outside of boss fights, where battles go really fast. Those ones have about half in health and half in their dmg stat.

And Dexterity is going to improve their crits and ability to crit, but normal attacks won't be as strong as if you did all dex. Also, Dex will help both casters and physical. I personally don't use the fire skill tree, so I can't tell you much on that. However, I had a pet who I did the same as you when I started. I assumed "Oh dex that'll be like my thief/sin/rogue pet" and did a wind pet with most of their points in dex. Later I restated them to strength and their overall performance improved. I was wasting a lot of their dmg on overkills since crits are unpredictable.
Kaufee
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 110
Posted: 10/30/2013 at 1:11 PM Post #3
@Ash

Thanks so much for the reply!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking this way. I will definitely try out the HP build and I'll probably change my physical cannon to strength>dexterity. I definitely understand what you mean by the unpredictability. Having a second opinion really helped.

Again, thanks. c:
Ash
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 44
Posted: 10/30/2013 at 3:05 PM Post #4
Not a problem :) I spent a lot of time on a lot of different rpg/mmos, so I totally understand your train of thought there. Glad I could help!

This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.