Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Battle/adventure suggestions
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Danithegoat
Level 72
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 45
Posted: 2/28/2019 at 10:38 AM Post #1
I have a few ideas that would make battling much more interesting.

1. I think a retreat option while in battle would be very useful. There are times when I realize I'm not going to win a battle and I can't really afford to pay to heal my sylesties. I think there should also come with consequences to retreating. (perhaps lowering reputation in regions or negative AP)

2. An option to attempt to reason your way out of a fight, since wild Sylesties might be just responding to a fight or flight response. It would also be a way to get allies that you could maybe call on later.

3. Similar to #2, a way to control allies (like Jinxie) so they have a use other than dialogue.

4. Natural disasters during adventuring (Similar to bridges breaking) that would slow the player down and cause some damage.

5. A collateral damage attack that affects the surroundings and can injure the player and the opponent. Or attacks that have the possibility of injuring the player and the opponent.

6. The possibility to go against certain regions and towns. It would give the game and story a lot of depth. Perhaps joining forces with the nightfall bandits. (I'd also like to know more about them) And being able to create groups that fight together.

I find this game's plotline to be a bit shallow and hard to follow at times, adding depth to characters would really benefit the game since a lot of interactive NPC's feel robotic and single-sided. I know that adding this to the game can (and probably will) takes weeks or even months but I look forward to seeing what comes of this game. This game has a lot of potential and I hope the community can contribute to the development.
If you have any thoughts on these suggestions, I'd love to hear them. :)
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 2/28/2019 at 2:37 PM Post #2
1. Retreat is implemented in future zones (lv50+).

Otherwise - the site is still in beta, and eventually It's going to be almost completely overhauled. At that point, the story may change a bunch as well- we'll just have to wait and see.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 2/28/2019 at 2:37 PM Post #3
I'm so sorry - there was lag and I double-posted by accident. Ignore this. >.>
Edited By Somneli on 2/28/2019 at 2:37 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 2/28/2019 at 6:13 PM Post #4
1. retreat option... also come with consequences to retreating.

- You can retreat in the newer maps/battle system (but it's not a sure chance, and I think it calculates your chances based on your team's lowest agi vs enemies' highest? and then throws in some RNG)
(- the drawback to retreating (or, as it is, Skipping) in plot-relevant areas in the first two regions is "you cannot progress forward because you need to fight a certain number of battles before the next plot event triggers")
(- in the new explore the drawback of retreating is all your pets' mana resetting to 0)

2. An option to attempt to reason your way out of a fight

- technically sylesti are just relatively intelligent animals, just ones that can use magic (for all that they get the Pokemon Treatment and players like to think of them as being about as cognizant as humans.) I don't think 'reasoning' generally works on non-human species
(also, back before they were revamped the kelpari's information kinda sorta a bit implied that they have probably eaten unwary people before so. there's that. Apparently not canon to the revamped kelpari but it's not something I've forgotten)
- many of the enemies are reanimated corpses
- some of them are the people that animated those corpses in the first place
- the Nightfall Bandits seem to be in cahoots with those people. Also are Not Good People who can canonically murder one of the main npc characters depending on your actions.

- However, given that the trolls can be dealt with peacefully, I can't say if it would be possible to use reason against the non-sylesti non-human species?
- and random non-nightfall-affiliated bandits I guess

3. way to control allies

- maybe someday (though frankly I wouldn't trust Jinxie with my back in battle because nobody is ever going to be able to convince me that she isn't Actually Evil and I don't care if the gods themselves think she isn't. I do not trust her)
- But this is Beta

4. Natural disasters during adventuring

- In the first two regions there are random events which can damage your party (or KO them)
-not sure how well that would really mesh with the new adventuring setup though, for all it does with the old one.

5. A collateral damage attack that affects the surroundings

- why? And why would anyone bother when we have perfectly good attacks that don't damage our own pets?

6. The possibility to go against certain regions and towns. It would give the game and story a lot of depth. Perhaps joining forces with the nightfall bandits. (I'd also like to know more about them) And being able to create groups that fight together.

I find this game's plotline to be a bit shallow and hard to follow at times, adding depth to characters would really benefit the game since a lot of interactive NPC's feel robotic and single-sided. I know that adding this to the game can (and probably will) takes weeks or even months but I look forward to seeing what comes of this game. This game has a lot of potential and I hope the community can contribute to the development.

- the plot is as everything In Beta, and what there is is mostly old, and we only have access to at the absolute most just a little over 12% of what was originally intended. We have access to three regions (+LG) out of the ten total visible on the world map.

There are things to do that are getting far more attention than something like a plotline and characters that are on-hold.
Edited By Scathreoite on 2/28/2019 at 6:16 PM.
CirrusAscending
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 9
Posted: 3/2/2019 at 9:42 PM Post #5
Wait hang on, the Nightfall Bandits end up killing someone?
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 3/2/2019 at 10:24 PM Post #6
In the early game, your choices can lead to the death of [highlight for spoilers]Sheriff Thyrm during the raid of Lord Talon's Camp- for people who get this outcome, Deputy Schmitd becomes the new Sheriff and is the person who gives out Esior Haven missions. (also some assorted unnamed background guardsmen)
CirrusAscending
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 3/3/2019 at 12:47 AM Post #7
Wait, what choice do you have to make?
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 3/3/2019 at 1:35 AM Post #8
you can read the whole section here (post 7 of the Sylestia Walkthrough)
CirrusAscending
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 3/3/2019 at 3:07 AM Post #9
Oh, right. [Highlight for spoilers.] I stayed back to help, so he didn't die.
Edited By Paradoxic on 3/3/2019 at 3:08 AM.

This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.