Forum Index > Other Fiction > The Escapade or the Birds
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 2/23/2019 at 10:45 PM Post #1
The Escapade of the Birds (yes, I realize I spelled it wrong)

This is part of a collaboration between my friend and me (actually, I mostly just edit it a lot since she started it), it's mostly a work in progress but we'd love to get feedback.

Prologue.

Up high in the clouds, a bird was hiding behind an office door. He silently crept into the room, quickly brandishing a bag and rope and throwing it over an old bird before he even realized it.

"Yes..." he said proudly. "I will be able to take your place now!"

"Release me this instant, Augustus!" the old bird screamed. "I know what you want but I wont let you have it!"

Augustus laughed again.

"You're wrong this time, father. I'm afraid there's nothing you can do to stop me from taking my rightful place now."

"You think you've outwitted me? This may be the end of me now, but mark my words, you will never get your wish, no matter how you try, " the old bird replied.

Ignoring the warning, Augustus dragged his father across to the balcony ledge and pushed him off, not even feeling a shred of remorse as he watched his father fall into the depths of the river.
Edited By Owlphoenix on 2/23/2019 at 11:36 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 2/23/2019 at 10:57 PM Post #2
Prologue, cont.

Meanwhile, the students of Aves Rational High School were huddled together in the cozy cafeteria.

"It's so dark and cold outside! I feel like something ominous is going to happen!" Brynxen Xiang, a student, said nervously, glancing out the window at the storm.

"I hope your premonition doesnt come true!" Hana Rhee, her friend, replied, shivering despite the warmth of the cafeteria.

"Why don't we get some hot chocolate, find Akio, and try to divert our thoughts?" Brynxen suggested.

"I don't know..." Hana replied.

But before she could say more, someone screamed. Hana turned to look at Brynxen with terrified eyes.

"Well, I think your premonition just came true..."
Edited By Owlphoenix on 2/23/2019 at 11:02 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 2/23/2019 at 11:04 PM Post #3
Chapter 1
Trapped

High in the treetops, nearly obscured by the clouds, a little bird was stuck in a tree. He was struggling to get out, for his little foot had become crammed between two twigs when he had fallen out of the nest. Too exhausted to even cry for help, the bird was trapped for hours, until he decided that he would rather try to escape by himself, than wait for help that might never come. Although his little beak was not very strong, he pecked at the twig relentlessly, chipping away at the wood little by little. After what seemed like ages, his foot was free! What would he do now? The little canary's mother had not come back from her hunt for food since she had left in the morning. His sister, Chrysanthemum, had died the day she had hatched, so he was all alone.

What do I do? Santiago, the little canary, wondered. I'm practically starving! How will I get food?

After waiting for so long, Santiago was exhausted and starving. He had almost lost all his hope when he heard someone cry out, "Santiago, dear!"

He looked up and saw his mother at last, a welcome sight flying towards him with a worm in her beak. Little Santiago opened his mouth and closed it. He had never tasted anything like this before! The worm was so chewy and so scrumptious that he craved more. He opened his mouth and looked up again, but his mother was gone.
Edited By Owlphoenix on 2/23/2019 at 11:17 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 2/23/2019 at 11:20 PM Post #4
Chapter 2
Parched

Saiorse was parched, but she hadnt decided to take any action until now. She was a just a fledgeling, so she still couldnt fly straight. Deciding to take her chances, Saiorse stood at the edge of the nest, took a deep breath, and jumped. Fortunately, the wind caught her, and she started flapping her wings, trying to maneuver towards the nearest body of water, catching sight of sunlight reflecting off a lake in the distance. But Saiorse couldnt quite control the way she went, so the wind pulled her in the opposite direction.

"Help!" she peeped frantically. "Help!"

But her words were carried away by the wind.

The little blue jay was blown into another nest, where she felt something moving underneath her.
Edited By Owlphoenix on 2/23/2019 at 11:21 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 2/23/2019 at 11:30 PM Post #5
Chapter 3
Where Two Paths Intertwine

"Ouch!" Santiago peeped out.

"Sorry about that!" Saiorse replied, standing up and preening her ruffled feathers. "Hi, Santiago! Remember me?"

Santiago looked at her, trying to remember where he had seen her.

"Ummm," he said.

"So you can finally talk now, right?" Saiorse asked.

"Yeah! Haven't I seen you in a nest party before? It was about a month ago!" Santiago replied enthusiastically, finally remembering.

"Yeah! I remember, but I am surprised YOU did!" Saiorse chuckled.

"How did you get here?" Santiago inquired.

"I wanted to get a drink, since I am practically parched," Saiorse replied. "I was trying to fly to the nearest body of water, but I lost control and landed here instead."

"That must have been rough!" Santiago peeped.

He looked up at her inquisitively.

"Can I come with you to get water?" he asked.

Saiorse stared at him, bewildered.

"Are you serious? You cant even fly, stupid! How would I bring you along?" she replied.

"Well, you clearly can't fly yet, either! Dont be a dummy!" Santiago peeped back indignantly, turning his back towards her to show his disapproval and displeasure.

"You are too puny to be talking back to me like that!" Saiorse huffed over her shoulder.

"Just stop, okay!" Santiago pleaded.

"Well, I won't stop because you've been annoying me for about- I don't know- an eternity!" Saiorse screamed in frustration.

"No, I haven't! You're the one who's been annoying me!" Santiago protested.

You can guess how it continued.
Edited By Owlphoenix on 2/23/2019 at 11:34 PM.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.