Forum Index > Find Roleplayers > Looking for 1x1 partner
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Winter1917
Level 62
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 13
Posted: 1/22/2019 at 12:56 PM Post #1
I had a thread for this earlier, but it's probably buried 10+ pages deep and I don't want to dig it up. Anyway, I'm Winter, and I am looking for a roleplay partner. One or two people per roleplay only, please. More people than that and I get confused. Okay, now that I've gotten that out of the way, here are my preferences for my partner(s):

Do:

Be literate.

I much prefer too long over too short. It's totally fine if you put in five really long paragraphs, however, I don't like one-liner posts. There's just not enough to work with there.

Be respectful.
Basically what I mean by this is don't be mean, you know, hate the character, not the person.

Use the appropriate punctuation marks.
This is mostly for OOC remarks. We can either have a separate thread for them, or we can put them in double parentheses. Double parentheses, please. Single parentheses are useful for posts and I might want to use them to describe an aside.

Keep adding new information.
As long as you keep adding new information to the story I can go on forever. This is a two-sided thing though. I don't want to be the only one adding to the story, but neither do you I'm guessing.

Have fun.
I command it. You have no other options. If it's not fun then there's no reason to keep doing it amirite?

Don't:

Be overpowered.
Nobody likes it when your character is perfect in every single way, has no weakness, has no flaws, never gets hurt, and always knows everything. That is top of my nope list.

Have bad spelling and grammar.
Spelling and grammar are important. Use them well. The occasional typo will be forgiven, but I can't stand an entire post full of errors. If you can't spell a word, either look it up or don't use it.

Be mean.
Seriously, please don't be mean. Think of the line from Lord of the Rings: "We be nice to them, if they be nice to us." Gollum has a point.

Swear.
I don't like swearing. If your character has a defining habit of swearing, though, then either make it soft swears (let's keep it PG) or use these characters no matter what the word: @#%$. Or you could make them say, "Curses!" like they did in the really old comics. And if you do the last one I'd get a kick out of it.

Romance.
I really don't like romance much at all. I'm fine if there's a little romance in the story, after all, what story is complete without true love? but let's keep it clean. Please don't write a making-out scene, or anything that involves taking off their clothes. Let's just leave it at making eyes over spaghetti, a little kiss at the doorstep and maybe they both went inside.

If you're still interested after my lists of what I like and don't, here are the canon characters I can play as:
Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier
Steve Rogers/Captain America
Peter Parker/Spider-Man
I can play most major Marvel characters, but those are my favorites.
Barry Allen/The Flash
And I can add some support from Caitlyn, Cisco, Wells, Iris, Joe, and Eddie. And bear with me, I'm working on watching all of it but I just started season two, so no spoilers please.
Lindsey Strange
Daniel Barton
Those two are my OCs. They're adaptable to pretty much any situation.

I don't really like doing animal roleplays, I find animals to be rather limiting on the plot ideas.

But I absolutely love crossovers! We can totally cross fandoms and throw, say, I don't know, Katniss and Hawkeye together, or anyone! Seriously, the possibilities are endless!

Please ping me if you respond here, otherwise I won't know you are interested. Or message me and we can work something out.
Freki
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 14
Posted: 1/22/2019 at 6:34 PM Post #2
I would be willing to role play, but I just wanted to let you know, I will probably not be able to use apostrophes, mainly because IOS does not allow it. I usually like playing with OCs, mainly because I get to make up their personality and do not have to adhere to already established backgrounds and character information. I am good with almost any story, as long as it is not realistic fiction (I just think it is kind of boring), other than that, most things are fine!
Winter1917
Level 62
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/22/2019 at 6:52 PM Post #3
The apostrophe thing is okay, although it's rather weird. I'm on Android or a computer myself lol. As far as plot or characters goes, however, I'm up for whatever, whether you want to play a Marvel story or an Arrowverse story or whatever. We could even make up an entirely new world for our OCs if you want. I'd love to hear read any plot ideas you have that you want to try out, or I can come up with a loose plot or two.
M3ifwa
Level 53
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 81
Posted: 1/22/2019 at 7:14 PM Post #4
i would be intrested in doing this 1v1 :)

i work well in any senarios (but im best at playing the "bad guy")

i would love to hear the plot or storyline i am realy intrested :)

( im perfictly fine using apostrofies in speach and maby ill use "Curse!" in my characters speach i don't like animal rps much either)
Freki
Level 62
Trickster
Posted: 1/22/2019 at 7:26 PM Post #5
So, I have already created a world that I use for stuff, and it is basically this:
A curse thingy has taken over most of the land, and the parts that remain are slowly being overrun by ghouls, ghasts, wraiths, and other undead things. The cities have converted into strongholds and are now known as Keeps. There is almost no communication between the different Keeps, and when one Keep falls to the onslaught of undead things, it is very rare that people can make it from one Keep to the next.

Just an idea I had, it might be cool.
Winter1917
Level 62
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/22/2019 at 7:30 PM Post #6
M3ifwa:
The apostrophe issue isn't a problem with everyone, it seems to simply be a flaw in Freki's device- more inconvenience than problem, given the context.

How long is your average post? I tend to write two or three longer paragraphs, and I'd like to receive the same.

I wouldn't mind if you were the villain, but we'll both have to play more than one character for that to work. Which character(s) in my list were you thinking of? I can play others, but those are my top favorites.

Freki:
That sounds cool, I think my OC Daniel might go well with that. Are there people with powers there? It doesn't make much of a difference if there are/aren't, but Daniel does have an optional set of powers that I can give him if we're doing that. What sort of plot would we do, or should I come up with something?
Freki
Level 62
Trickster
Posted: 1/22/2019 at 7:45 PM Post #7
I haven't really thought of that, but it wouldn't really change anything, so yeah, magic powers are fine :)
M3ifwa
Level 53
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 81
Posted: 1/22/2019 at 8:17 PM Post #8
my avaerage post is 1-2 paragraphs in role plays will that be adaquit for this?

i can play whatever characters you whould like me to play i am a verry adaptive person due to righting books and training for a carear as an actress :)
Winter1917
Level 62
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/22/2019 at 8:23 PM Post #9
Cool, I think I'll give him his powers then. :)

As far as plot goes, do you have ideas? Or I can think of some if you'd rather.

Do you have any characters for this that might go well with Daniel? He's in his 20s, has longish blond hair(like a blond version of Firestorm before he was found, if you've seen the Flash), blue eyes, he's always got a trenchcoat on, it's long and dark brown leather, he's a little awkward because he's got long legs, he's usually quite smiley unless he's mad. He has got something of a temper, and he's got fire powers to match. But his fire is specific to him, and so he can be burnt by normal fire.
Winter1917
Level 62
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/22/2019 at 8:29 PM Post #10
As long as your paragraphs are of a good length and add something to the advancement of the plot, one or two will work fine.

If you've got any ideas for what universe/fandom/storyline you'd like to roleplay in, let me know. I'm not familiar with a lot of popular shows/movies/books, but I can work with most if it's a crossover.

Or if you've got an OC or two you want to bring out, now would be a good time to describe them so I can decide which OC(s) I want to bring.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.