Page 3 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 2/21/2019 at 9:47 PM Post #21
Oh okay gotcha thanks Cian!

and alpha I might be coming to you for help editing any essays or written assignments ;)
Wastedpoodle
Level 71
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 38
Posted: 2/21/2019 at 9:55 PM Post #22
Hehe, no problem -w- I enjoy it. Today, we were supposed to write five sentences, and then we were given this assignment to help us understand direct object pronouns... I finished both, and then this kid across from me asked me to help revise his five sentences o-o So... apparently I be swift. Also, I missed the day we talked about this one thing, but I had read up a little about it the previous night... my teacher put examples of it up on the board and told me I didn't have to answer since I hadn't been there, and then asked the class what it was. After a few seconds of dead silence, I raised my hand, my teacher called on me, surprised, and then I just said... "Indirect object pronouns?" And I was right. Only the teacher was shocked, apparently ;-; I've got your back nwn
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/21/2019 at 10:02 PM Post #23
ah that's great Alpha! I'm not half bad on pronunciation (I speak hebrew and the languages have some similar tongue movement and pronunciations) But the writing portion gives me a huge problem. Do you think you could give me a rundown of pronouns, passe compose, adjectives etc?
Wastedpoodle
Level 71
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 38
Posted: 2/21/2019 at 11:05 PM Post #24
Like, right now? Hmm... okay...

Pronouns:

Je--> I (Je t'aime) Nous--> We (Nous sommes rentres)
Tu--> Informal You (Tu blagues) Vous--> Plural or formal You (Vous avez la raison)
Il--> He (Il n'est pas grand) Ils--> Plural He / They (Ils sont une equippe)
Elle--> She (Elle est jolie) Elles--> Feminine They (Elles sont les filles de ma taunte)
Ce--> It (C'est tres facile)
On--> Informal They (On me dit)

Indirect object, when something is being acted upon indirectly

Me--> Me, pronounced 'muh' (Elle me dit) Nous--> Us (Il nous pleure)
Te--> Informal You (Je t'aime) Vous--> Plural or Formal You (Je vous donne)
Lui--> Him, Her, It (Je lui mange) Leur--> Them (Nous leur attendons)

Direct object, when something is directly acted upon

For the most part, the same pronouns, but with a few added ones...

Le, La, Les, L'--> It (Je le mange) [used in situations where you would say 'the something', like l'oiseau)

Passe Compose (I've only learned two ways so far, etre and avoir)

**Etre** Using the helping verb "to be"

This will likely be what you use when you use verbs having to do with travel. Just conjugate the etre verb for the noun/pronoun you're using, then use the special conjugation for the past-tense verb....

Monter--> to ascend/ to go up: Je suis(se) monte(e), Tu es monte(e), Il est monte, Elle est montee, Nous
sommes monte(e)s, Vous etes monte(e)s, Ils sont montes, Elles sont montees

-er verbs will end up with an accented e on the end, but if it's feminine, you add another, non-accented e, and if it's plural, you add an s to the end. Conjugate helping verbs as normal.

(tomber: to fall, rester: to stay, passer: to pass, aller: to go, entrer: to enter, retourner: to return, arriver: to arrive, rentrer: to return home)

Sortir--> To go out: Je suis(se) sorti(e), Tu es sorti(e), Il est sorti, Elle est sortie, Nous sommes sorti(e)s,
Vous etes sorti(e)s, Ils sont sortis, Elles sont sorties

Most -ir verbs will just end in i, adding an e to feminine and an s to plural past tense verbs.

(partir: to leave)

Descendre--> to descend/ to go down: Je suis(se) descendu(e), Tu es descendu(e), Il est descendu, Elle est descendue, Nous sommes descendu(e)s, Vous etes descendu(e)s, Ils sont descendus, Elles sont descendues

Most -re verbs will be exactly the same as the other two, but end in a u.

EXCEPTIONS! bleh...

Remember how many times I said 'most'? Well, here's why...

-IR VERB EXCEPTIONS

Some end in u instead. These are venir (venu/venus/venue/venues), revenir (revenu/revenus/revenue/ revenues), and devenir (devenu/devenus/devenue/devenues). There's also that one special one, mourir. Its conjugations are mort, morts, morte, and mortes.

-RE VERB EXCEPTIONS

There's only one, and that's naitre (i has a circumflex ). It's conjugated more like an -er verb: (first e is accented for all of these) ne/nes/nee/nees.

Sorry, that's all I'm doing tonight, it's like, 12:00 here, but I'll probably pick this up tomorrow nwn'
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/21/2019 at 11:41 PM Post #25
it's totally fine! Get yourself some sleep >.< and thanks this really helped!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.