Players 2,356 338
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,253,312 621
Generated 656,411 36
Captured 1,190,925 61
Bred 6,405,881 524
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Ability Expertise in the Pet Proficency...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Wylla
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 5
Posted: 10/31/2018 at 10:50 AM Post #1
I was just wondering how I get my rank 1 Light Beam to a rank 2 Light Beam. I've been trying to defeat some of the Named enemies and my attacks are barely doing anything to them, getting them to maybe 75% before being completely KO'd after using multiple revives. So I wanted to boost their attack power, but besides the elemental proficiency points from level up, I can't seem to level up my pets' attacks to the next rank (like zero progress after almost 200 battles).

So I just want to know if that is implemented yet and, if so, how I can go about ranking up my attacks. Thanks!
Sakina
Level 75
Snow Wars Champion
Threads: 51
Posted: 10/31/2018 at 10:55 AM Post #2
You rank up by using the attacks in battle. However, currently this feature only works in the Lost Grove. You'll reach that area at the end of the current quest line. It's a 60+ area. That's the only place you can fight to rank up your moves.
Wylla
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/31/2018 at 11:20 AM Post #3
That's a bummer. I won't be able to progress to the Lost Grove before the festival is over, especially since my highest ranked pets are 43,40, and 39. Guess that means I won't get any of the daily bonuses because I can't defeat an enemy that automatically matches my highest leveled pet and has a four-star rank, let alone six of them. I know the admins are working hard and I love a good challenge, but it is a bit unfair (T~T)

Oh well, there's always next festival, and the tricker-treating is fun and I can still earn choco. coins from normal fights to complete other objectives (like the Haunted House or the Brewing or simply nurturing others' Sylestis). (*^^*)
Sakina
Level 75
Snow Wars Champion
Posted: 10/31/2018 at 12:50 PM Post #4
I can't tell if you're being self-deprecating or passive aggressive. A bit of both, maybe? Either way, yes, I will certainly help you. Thanks for asking. :D The fest is perfectly possible at all levels if you have a decent team. Some players will even purposefully use lower level teams during contests in order to kill enemies faster.

Either way, the level of your pets isn't the issue. The difference between a 43 and a 40 isn't that much. Not enough to make a boss impossible to fight, at least. The problem is your team in general.

1. You seem to be putting the majority of your proficiencies into strength/intelligence. While structuring a team like this can be a viable strategy, it's not one you should be using without knowing exactly what you're doing. You need a team structure with roles given to each member. The most basic and common team has 1 tank, 1 healer, 1 damage dealer. The tank should have proficiencies in agility/health. The healer should have intelligence/dexterity. The damage dealer should have dexterity and either intelligence or strength depending on what element you use.

Elements fit more naturally into certain roles. Earth/shadow/water are the best tanks. Light/water are the best healers. Fire/Air are the best damage dealers. You can play around with them as you wish and choose the elements that fit your style best. If it helps, I swear by shadow/light/air. Earth is commonly used as well and fire is just as common as air. Light is almost universally considered the superior healer.

After you restructure your team and reapply the proficiencies properly you'll have a much easier time of things.

2. Your gear needs to match your pet's role. A tank needs gear that has a greater stat in agility, for example. Attack strength should not be your first concern when equipping a tank.

3. I can't see the order of your pets, but your tank should always be the first in your party. They'll show up in the middle of your team on the fighting screen. Enemies will attack this middle position first the majority of the time so you want the tank in a position where they absorb most of the damage. It doesn't matter what position the other two are.

Edit: Here's a more in depth guide. If you have any other questions or want someone to check your team, just ask around. Most people are more than willing to help you out. We are a friendly and helpful bunch.
Edited By Sakina on 10/31/2018 at 12:53 PM.
Wylla
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/31/2018 at 1:31 PM Post #5
The above post was more towards myself because I suck at RPGs, like royally. I was using a Shadow/Light/Fire team (and Shadow/Light/Water team because my Water was able to execute more damage than my Fire) and gave them stats that I would give myself if it was my avatar fighting, which need I remind you I'm absolutely terrible at. At least I used the correct elements, right? XD

But I want to thank you for taking the time and telling me which attributes they should have for their role. It will definitely cost a ton of gold, but a learning curve is needed if I am really going to understand how the game works. As for their gear, I do make sure that they got the best gear on all stats (though I should probably focus on mainly the stats that their role in my party entails, huh?). I will also keep in mind to suit up some of my lower level pets to try and see if I can get a breakthrough. It would be wise to make different teams for when my main team gets KO'd. ^^

Thanks so much for your time! Have a great day/night! \(^o^)/
Sakina
Level 75
Snow Wars Champion
Posted: 10/31/2018 at 2:14 PM Post #6
Yea, focusing on giving your pets the correct stat equipment really helps. A tank needs to be able to take all the hits so that the others don't get hit. Then your healer can focus on healing one pet instead of all of them and your damage dealer (often called a glass cannon if all the points are in damage with none in anything defensive) can deal max damage without worry and they won't have to waste mana on healing themselves.

If you feel it's not enough, it might be worth it to run a dungeon or two to level up your pets. Getting them to 50 will open up the next tier of armor. It used to be the highest tier armor before the lost grove stuff was released and the level cap was raised to 70.

Good luck and happy Halloween!

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.