Players 2,371 350
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,251,830 1,159
Generated 656,350 34
Captured 1,190,833 51
Bred 6,404,552 1,074
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > The I learned a lesson thread
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Lady0fthelake
Level 70
High Priest
Threads: 62
Posted: 9/3/2018 at 11:52 AM Post #1
The I learned a lesson thread

You know why I made this? Well, this morning I made a very silly mistake. And I wanted to share it with everybody so they wont do it too. And that led to me thinking that a whole thread for morals and lessons would be awesome. That way people wont have to learn things the hard way, like I did. Because trust me, I nearly thumped myself over the head with my iPad when I realized what Id done. So post your mistakes and what you learned so we can all learn from them. -Malin

Heres my story:
So this morning I woke up early to do the pick-a-door game. I got through several rounds, continuing to get a move on door. Then my mom called that we had to leave during one of the ten-minute rounds. I hoped that wed be able to get to our destination in time to get WiFi because my iPad doesnt have data. We didnt. I checked my inbox later and it turned out that I could have possibly made it to the last round. I was so mad at myself for not checking in with my mom earlier to see if we had anything planned!
Lesson learned: Make sure you have time for things.

Enjoy this thread!
Edited By Malin1 on 9/3/2018 at 11:57 AM.
Danisweird
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 12
Posted: 9/4/2018 at 7:04 AM Post #2
Okay, my story is pretty long so bare with me.

I have no personal boundaries. I am perfectly fine with other people dispersing my personal information, no matter how "embarrassing" it is considered to be, because I personally don't believe I have anything to be self-conscious about and therefore nothing to hide. As a result, I assumed it would be the same for my family.

So today I had a doctor's appointment with the same doctor the family has gone to for years. I told him: "I have a niece!" Long story short, I ended up somehow making my mother feel like she had to clarify everything about how it happened with him. So yeah.

In the car, my mother told me that she would never look at the family doctor the same way ever again because he knew too much about our family affairs.

And clearly I haven't learnt much considering I am revealing this to you guys, but the moral was supposed to be: there are some things you generally don't discuss outside of immediate family.

Also, I learned something while reading Romeo and Juliet in English class: Don't jump to conclusions.

And that's all. :)
Yamato
Level 65
The Artistic
Threads: 68
Posted: 9/7/2018 at 9:12 PM Post #3
Don't put metal things in an electric outlet....
Danisweird
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/10/2018 at 5:13 AM Post #4
Never be too afraid to admit your crush. It's better to live knowing that they do or do not reciprocate your feelings than to die without knowing at all. :)
UpsidedownSarah
Level 61
The Tender
Threads: 92
Posted: 9/10/2018 at 11:09 PM Post #5
If you become a parent, the old thing about how fast they grow up is totally true. It goes by really fast, and you only get one chance.
Danisweird
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/11/2018 at 6:40 AM Post #6
Every decision you make leads to an equal opportunity, or punishment. Make sure you think things through carefully before acting on it and weigh up the benefits and the downfalls.
Lady0fthelake
Level 70
High Priest
Threads: 62
Posted: 9/16/2018 at 6:54 AM Post #7
Sometimes having a lot of gold (on sylestia) feels really strange if you are usually broke like me, but buying a genetic testing kit to get rid of it even though you have no use for one is a really bad idea. (At least Lucky has lots of traits that will be great for his offspring!)
Elsbie
Level 71
High Priest
Threads: 15
Posted: 11/20/2018 at 10:39 PM Post #8
I haven't had enough fluids to drink. For a long time. I've been chronically dehydrated -- for days, weeks, maybe months, maybe even longer, and I knew it. Of course, I drank sometimes, but never anywhere near enough. Everyone kept reminding me to drink, and I knew I should. But I didn't feel thirsty, I didn't like to have to go pee, and it all just seemed like too much trouble.

This morning I woke up with probably the worst pain I've ever had. My husband had to rush me to the emergency room, where I was in absolute agony -- only two hours for the worst of it, but it felt like an eternity. Two different medications didn't work on the excruciating pain, and finally they had to give me morphine just to try to take the edge off, which at last let me fall into a still-painful sleep.

I gave myself kidney stones because it had been too much of an inconvenience for me to just drink something. Everybody told me, I knew I should, but I didn't. And this is what I got.

The stupidest part of this?

Last year, exactly on Thanksgiving, I had to leave before dinner to go to the ER with something that wound up being assumed to be kidney stones. It was extremely painful, but the pain went away relatively quickly. I didn't learn my lesson then.

This morning was over twelve hours ago. I'm still hurting now.

I learned my lesson this time, believe me.

Please drink water, guys.
Eyelashviper
Level 61
Threads: 224
Posted: 11/21/2018 at 6:24 AM Post #9
NEVER EVER EVER EVER!!!!! PUNCH YOUR IPAD, trust me, it is horrible.
Eyelashviper
Level 61
Threads: 224
Posted: 11/21/2018 at 6:28 AM Post #10
Also Never play a game that you are too young for. I actually, probably, made a mistake joining this game (or several other Older-Than-Ten games)
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.