Players 2,356 329
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,254,335 1,023
Generated 656,427 16
Captured 1,190,988 63
Bred 6,406,825 944
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > The Joy of Designing: Round Four - Votin...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Threads: 102
Posted: 6/21/2018 at 11:27 PM Post #1
The Joy of Designing: Round Four - Voting
Ends the 25th at 11:59pm

Voting

Everyone will receive 3 votes. You may vote for three different design sets - not individual designs. You may not put all three votes on one set, but you may elect to vote for less than 3. Feel free to leave comments for our designers about what you liked about their design and constructive criticism about what you would have liked to have seen done differently. All applicants are allowed to vote, but! You may not vote for your own design. I will know who's design belongs to who - so no sneaky stuff. :P YOU MAY NOT CHANGE YOUR VOTE IF YOU'VE ALREADY VOTED - there will be no edits allowed. Please do not reveal your designs to anyone until voting is over! Revealing your designs or getting your friends to vote for your design set will result in an automatic elimination. This means don't submit these designs in other contest and please don't submit them publicly on the generator! Please let me know if you'd like to be pinged for the voting threads! Please take the time to read each round's theme so you know the objective for each design.

Recommended: I recognize there is a lot to go through here, I ask you please pick out those you are drawn to, then look at all their information and references more in depth to make your decisions. (:

Round Four Theme - Culture

This round is culture focused! Each contestant will select one country to generate this round's designs off of. There may be country repeats so I recommend putting a lot of effort into this set. You want yours to really stand out and be unique, even if some of it gets repeated by another.

Design Set 1 - For this design set, I ask you create a design pair based on a traditional piece of clothing from the country you have selected. They may be identical or completely different. For instance, you may select to do two different traditional clothing options, one traditional clothing piece created by two sylestis, or two different sylestis as the same piece of clothing.

Design Set 2 - For this design set, I ask you create an identical design pair based on the country nationally recognizes as representative of their country. For instance, this can include a national flower, animal, flag, currency, export - you name it!

Design Set 3 - For this design set, I ask you create a design pair based on something historical from the country you have selected. This pair does not have to be identical. I imagine this is the one set people will be least excited about, but this is the one meant to give you the most creative freedom. You may select a significant historical site, work of art, story, figure, belief, superstition... there are numerous possibilities for this category!
Edited By BobRoss on 6/21/2018 at 11:29 PM.
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Posted: 6/21/2018 at 11:28 PM Post #2
Entries:

Entry #1 - Germany

Design 1: Traditional German Clothing - Lederhosen and Drindl
For this design set I decided to use the traditional German Lederhosen and Drindl clothing. The Drindl was a bit more expressive since I saw that most of them had bright colors in contrast with creamy ones.

Design 2: Germany's National Flower - Bluebell

Design 3: Germany's Krampus

Entry #2 - Scotland

Design 1: Scottish Kilt
A very recognizable piece of Scottish clothing, the kilt is considered formal dress or national dress by the people of Scotland. Today they are usually worn for weddings or other formal occasions. The colours and patterns of a kilt (called a tartan) would usually be determined by the person's family, or clan, colours. For this pair of puffadores, I decided to use the Royal Stewart Tartan, the tartan of the Stewart Clan (or the ancient royal house of Scotland).

Design 2: Scottish National Animal - Unicorn
That's right, Scotland claims the unicorn as their national animal. Though the existence of this magical creature has been debated for centuries, on this island, their status is absolutely clear.

Design 3: Scottish Superstition - White Heather
Though its purple variant is more commonly known, white heather is considered a lucky talisman in Scotland, and is usually worn by a groom as a boutonniere on his wedding day. Its reputation stems from the folk tale of Malvina, whose lover, Oscar, died in battle and had his messenger deliver to Malvina a sprig of purple heather as a symbol of his love. As she wept over this tragic news, her tears fell upon the heather and turned its blossoms white. Malvina then pronounced: May the White Heather, symbol of my sorrow, bring good fortune to all who find it.

Entry #3 - China

Design 1: Chinese Qipao

Design 2: Chinese Sky Lanterns

Design 3: Yin and Yang

Entry #4 - Norway

Design 1: Norwegian folkedrakt or bunad

Design 2: Norway Coat of Arms

Design 3: Viking Ny'Vene

Entry #5 - India

Design 1: Indian Sari

Design 2: India's National Flower - Lotus

Design 3: India - Rama & Sita

Entry #6 - United Kingdom

Design 1: United Kingdom - Elizabethan Court Fashion

Design 2: United Kingdom - Royal Coat of Arms

Design 3: United Kingdom - Stonehenge
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Posted: 6/21/2018 at 11:28 PM Post #3
Entry #7 - Spain

Design 1: Spain's Barcelona Traditional Bullfighters Attire

Design 2: Spain's National Flower - Carnation

Design 3: Spain - Alcazar Seville

Entry #8 - Japan

Design 1: Japanese Kimono and Kanzashi (hair ornaments)

Design 2: Japanese Koi Fish

Design 3: Japan's Tanabata Festival
A star festival, celebrating the meeting of the deities Orihime and Hikoboshi

Entry #9 - Mexico

Design 1: Traditional Mexican Clothing - Mexican Dress and Men's Clothing

Design 2: Mexico's National Flower - Dahlia

Design 3: Mexico's Da de los Muertos - Altars & Gifts
Da de los Muertos (The Day of the Dead) is a holiday celebrated in Mexico. It is when it is believed that the dead can cross over and visit the living. Alters and gifts are left out for the dead on this holiday in remembrance of the deceased. I of course used the Ryori as they are the ghost sylestia.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 6/21/2018 at 11:35 PM Post #4
I vote: #3, #2, and #8
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 6/21/2018 at 11:48 PM Post #5
Voting for numbers 1, 7, and 8 ^.^ Lovely designs all around for another interesting prompt. Great job, everyone!
Rainingtears
Level 23
Threads: 0
Posted: 6/22/2018 at 12:08 AM Post #6
I will vote 4, 6, and 9 (:
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 6/22/2018 at 12:55 PM Post #7
#'s 5,2,&1!I really love the Scottish piffador!
Ephemeral
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 168
Posted: 6/22/2018 at 3:15 PM Post #8
I vote for 3, 7, and 8!
Littlesnowcatotoro
Level 10
Threads: 1
Posted: 6/22/2018 at 7:09 PM Post #9
I will vote 9, 1, and 7. All design's were lovely but I like these best
Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 6/22/2018 at 10:51 PM Post #10
2,8 and 9 with a special shout out to set 3 Chinese Sky Lanterns ... nice desighn.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.