Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Battle pets Team breakdown
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Silverthornhearte
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 46
Posted: 5/30/2018 at 6:41 AM Post #1
my best team: Crystalia (slot 1) fire, Hi No Koga (slot 2&3) fire, and Zion (slot 2&3) water
My leveling team: Hana no hikari (slot 1) earth, Shinpi Tekina (slot 2&3) light, and Kurai Seishin (slot 2&3) darkness
My odd ball team: Ny'veina (slot 1) darkness, Siana (slot 2&3) darkness, Sonjiak (slot 2&3) darkness
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 84
Posted: 5/30/2018 at 7:58 AM Post #2
Okay, so the first thing to understand about team setup is that generally they're constructed as Tank, Healer, Attacker (not always- I'm currently trying a light/fire/fire team for the first time- but if you're learning, it's the easiest setup.)

Tank elements are primarily Earth, Shadow, and Water, as these elements focus on things like healing themselves, drawing attacks to themselves, and buffing their own or team defences.
Light can also be a tank, though it isn't as well designed for it, as it does better with all its profs in Int stat to increase the heal return rather than having some in the Agi Tanks typically make use of.

Healer element is Light, as it is the only element capable of full-team healing (outside of like... Water's level 30 shield ability, but it's not really... designed for the healing)

Attack elements are primarily Air and Fire, which are entirely focused on damaging the opponents, designed to make use of critical hits by using them to inflict debuffs and boosting their attack stats, and generally getting high Damage Over Time against opponents. Because their proficiencies are best used in Attack and Dexterity, they're generally what is considered Glass Cannon.
Shadow can also make an Attacker, as all its abilities can do damage (though it's third ability inflicts Taunted, which caused opponents to focus on the pet that inflicted it)

Tanks should always go in slot 1, as that is where enemies primarily focus their attacks.

Additionally, Earth, Water, and Air are Physical, Strength-based elements, and should always get either Assassin or Myrmidon (depending on their battle role), while Light, Shadow, and Fire are Magical, Intelligence-based elements, and should get either Evoker or Illusionist (again, depending on battle role)

(until level 60 anyway, as there are now more equipment types available from the Lost Grove (plot twist in that Light pets, generally being the team healer not tank, want Pyromancer equips instead of Lightbinger) but I'll just use the pre-Grove types here, as nobody's level 60)

Team 1
Name: Crystalia
Level: 58
Element: Fire
Prof.: 1HP, 1Agi
Relic: Evoker, epic, lv45
Armor: Evoker, rare, lv40
Acc.: Assassin, epic, lv35
Acc.: Arcanist, leg., lv25

> Being a fire pet, she absolutely shouldn't be in slot one as the party Tank.
> Fire pets with 2 profs typically want either 2Int or 1Int/1Dex. HP prof is typically only ever used in Tanks, which Fire pets shouldn't be.
> Evoker (Int/Dex) is the correct gear for a Fire Attacker, though for a level 58 you'd want in order of preference lv50 Mystical > lv50 legendary > lv55 epic > lv45 legendary > lv50 epic (actually, I'm not sure whether 55 epic out-stats 45 legendary, but that's the gist of it)
> Assassin (Str/Agi) gear should go to either a Water or Earth Tank pet, not a Magic element like a Fire pet
> Arcanist gear is really more meant for Intelligence Mission pets, than active battlers.

Name: Zion
Level: 44
Element: Water
Prof.: 1HP, 1X
Relic: -
Armor: Disciple, epic, 20
Acc.: Evoker, rare, lv25
Acc.: Str/Dex, rare, lv20

> Of this team, Zion is the Tank element, and would be the best choice for slot 1
> He only has one of his two prof points assigned.
> As a water tank- and I've been trying to get used to using one again, as before the proficiency overhaul it was my main, but since then my primary Tank is Earth and secondary is Shadow and I've been a bit lost with Water- I've personally found that 2Str/1Agi (at lv60) is working best for me (Str to boost the effectiveness of the Frost buff and Ice Barrier's absorption of incoming attacks, Agi to improve dodge chance)

> he doesn't have a relic. Relics are vital pieces of equipment, as they're behind most of your damage output.
Example: Crystalia's relic says "Magical Damage: 201"? That's a +201 to her Magical Damage output. To use Bhumi (the water tank we mentioned earlier) as another example: he has a Tidal Lord Vnethorn relic. It's Str: 60, and Physical Damage: 450. With the relic, his Phys Damage output is 840. Take the relic away and it's only 360.

> Disciple equips are Eh. Fine if you need a placeholder, but ultimately you're better off with a more oriented equip.
> Evoker should go to Light Healers, Fire Attackers, Shadow Attackers, and maybe Shadow Tanks. No use on a Physical elemental pet
>Str/Dex equips typically go to Air Attackers

> these equips are also severely underlevelled.

Name: Hi no kogo
Level: 53
Element: Fire
Prof.: 2Int
Armor: -
Acc.: -

> 2Int is technically fine for a fire pet, as we already mentioned above.
> No equips at all, which as you might guess from the relic tangent we went on above, isn't good.

Overall, with this team, I'd say a) make Zion the Tank, b) make one of the fire pets into a light pet.
Light Healers should be statted with Int, and equipped primarily with Int/Dex equips, though you can throw in Int/Agi if the pet really needs a bit more speed to get heals off faster.

Team 2
Name: Hana no hikari
Level: 14
Element: Earth
Prof.: 1HP
Relic: Evoker, uncommon, lv5
Armor: Evoker, rare, lv5
Acc.: Disciple, uncommon, lv5

> HP prof should be fine (I'd lean toward Agi as the prof, honestly, but maybe it's just because we're not a very HP kind of person prof.-wise.)
> Evoker gear, however, is not. As has been noted, Evoker is for Magical elemental pets.
> An Earth tank should get Assassin gear.
> As we also noted, Disciple gear is Eh.
> Uncommon gear, however, is, quite frankly, trash. (when a level 55 uncommon equip is about the same strength as a level 20 legendary, you know it's Bad)
> missing an accessory

Name: Shinpi tekina
Element: Light
Prof.: 1Int

> 1Int is fine for a Light Healer
> No equips. If nothing else, give him the garbage uncommon Evokers that Hana has.
> We covered Light Healers in the Team 1 Summary.

Name: Kurai seishin
Element: Shadow
Relic: Evoker, uncommon, lv5
Armor: Myrmidon, uncommon, lv5
Acc.: Disciple, uncommon, lv5

> 1Int is fine for a Shadow Attacker
> Evoker is fine for a shadow attacker, uncommon is not
> Myrmidon (Str/Dex) should go to an Air attacker, typically. It's no use on a Shadow pet.
> And Disciple again.
> All uncommon, too.
> lacking one accessory

Overall this team has a perfectly fine element setup, it's just mostly the equips that need work. Align the right types of gear, even if it is uncommon. Replace with higher rarity, and higher level, as you can.

Team 3
Name: Ny'veina
Level: 17
Prof.: 1Dex

Name: Sonjiak
Level: 21

Name: Siana
Level: 15
Prof.: 1Agi

Well, given that Siana has the Agi prof, I'd say put her as the Tank/Slot 1 pet. Maybe swap Ny'veina's prof to Int too? Not sure how just Dex would go.
They have no equips at the moment, but if Siana was the Tank, you'd give her Illusionist gear (and probably the lv30 prof point into Int once she got there?), and Ny'veina and Sonjiak would get Evoker gear.
Though I have never personally used an all-shadow team, it is definitely possible to do- I know at least one person who has.

And oh boy, that took a while to type up.
Edited By Scathreoite on 5/30/2018 at 8:03 AM.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.