Players 2,396 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,245,334 1,278
Generated 656,251 10
Captured 1,190,576 46
Bred 6,398,412 1,222
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > The Joy of Designing: Round Two - Voting
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Threads: 102
Posted: 5/7/2018 at 4:48 PM Post #1
The Joy of Designing: Round Two - Voting
Ends the 13th at 11:59pm

Workshop Two: In Progress!

Voting

Everyone will receive 3 votes. You may vote for three different design sets - not individual designs. You may not put all three votes on one set, but you may elect to vote for less than 3. Feel free to leave comments for our designers about what you liked about their design and constructive criticism about what you would have liked to have seen done differently. All applicants are allowed to vote, but! You may not vote for your own design. I will know who's design belongs to who - so no sneaky stuff. :P YOU MAY NOT CHANGE YOUR VOTE IF YOU'VE ALREADY VOTED - there will be no edits allowed. Please do not reveal your designs to anyone until voting is over! Revealing your designs or getting your friends to vote for your design set will result in an automatic elimination. This means don't submit these designs in other contest and please don't submit them publicly on the generator! Please let me know if you'd like to be pinged for the voting threads! Please take the time to read each round's theme so you know the objective for each design.

Recommended: I recognize there is a lot to go through here, I ask you please pick out those you are drawn to, then look at all their information and references more in depth to make your decisions. (:

Round Two Theme - Wonders of the World

Please use different species for each design set and include any references used!

Design Set 1 - For this design set, I ask you create an identical design pair based on the official wonders of the world. This maybe be from the 7 wonders of the ancient world, 7 wonders of the modern world, or 7 wonders of the natural world. But please only use the official wonders!

Design Set 2 - For this design set, select a man made structure you believe should be added to the wonders of the world - ancient or modern. Design a pair around it - they must be identical and one of each gender present.

Design Set 3 - For this design set, select a something in nature you believe would be considered the 8th natural wonder of the world. Design a pair around it - they must be identical and one of each gender present.

I can't wait to see what you all come up with! Because this is posted early, you get two weeks to work, however, there is the possibility of being eliminated in round one's voting round - so please keep this is mind!
Edited By BobRoss on 5/7/2018 at 7:49 PM.
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/7/2018 at 4:48 PM Post #2
Entry #1

Design 1:
Paricutin - the Volcano in a Cornfield
Design is based on the 1943 eruption

Design 2:
Potala Palace
The Residence of the Dalai Lama until 1959, when the 14th Dalai Lama left for India. The building includes thirteen stories of buildings, with over 1,000 rooms, 10,000 shrines and about 200,000 statues. It is currently a museum and a World Heritage Site.

Design 3:
Underwater Waterfall - off the coast of the Republic of Mauritius
The illusion of the waterfall comes from sand and silt deposits that flow through and change the color of the water so that it appears to be a waterfall.

Entry #2

Design 1:
Great Barrier Reef Sylvorpa

Design 2:
International Space Station Aeridini

Design 3:
Zhangjiajie National Forest Park Morkko

Entry #3

Design 1:
Hanging Gardens of Babylon Aeridini

Design 2:
Mont Saint-Michel Ryori

Design 3:
Sequoia Sempervirens (California redwood) Ny'vene

Entry #4

Design 1:
Great Barrier Reef Sylvorpa
I absolutely adore the ocean ( anything to do with water actually ) so I was so thrilled to know that I could use the Great Barrier Reef as my first design! I decided to base it off of a more basic colour scale.

Design 2:
Dubai Miracle Garden Luffox
only just found out that this was a thing. I am actually amazed by the fact that a garden this massive exist. I would most definitely put this in the category of a wonder.

Design 3:
Gullfross Falls Kelpari
I've always admired the Gullfross Falls. They are absolutely gorgeous! They most definitely deserve to be placed among the 7 other natural wonders.

Entry #5

Design 1:
Taj Mahal, India Lighira

Design 2:
Himeji Castle, Japan Griffi
One of Japans twelve surviving original castles and the most spectacular due to its imposing size and elegant white roof.

Design 3:
Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia Puffadore
The worlds largest salt flat, which is highly reflective and appears like a mirror between the heavens and the earth during rainy season.

Entry #6

Design 1:
Hanging Gardens of Babylon Vulnyx
There are only artist renditions of the gardens available so this is the one I chose and this is what I created. I visualized columns of marble and sandstone like walls or a light mud brick building with cascading fern-like plants and flowers.

Design 2:
Sydney Opera House Ferrikki
I think this building is beautiful, an architectural work of art. I was inspired by the sea around the building and used that for the base color. I then used the colors off the building for the accenting of the design, and flowing traits to based off the flowing lines of the building.

Design 3:
Uluru/Ayer's Rock Ryori
his is an amazing natural location and very beautiful. Uluru/Ayer's Rock is fascinating; I would love to visit it one day.

Edited By BobRoss on 5/7/2018 at 7:48 PM.
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/7/2018 at 4:48 PM Post #3
Entry #7

Design 1:
Northern Lights Griffi

Design 2:
Versailles Qitari

Design 3:
Amazon River Ny'vene

Entry #8

Design 1:
Hanging Gardens of Babylon Faelora

Design 2:
Golden Gate Bridge Kelpari

Design 3:
The Dead Sea Griffi

Entry #9

Design 1:
Taj Mahal Sunset Aurleon

Design 2:
Angkor Wat Aeridini:

Design 3:
Bigar Waterfall Ryori:

Entry #10

Design 1:
Grand Canyon Griffi

Design 2:
Stonehenge Morkko:

Design 3:
Geirangerfjord, Norway Kelpari

Entry #11

Design 1:
Great Barrier Reef Ny'vene

Design 2:
Amber Room Puffadore

Design 3:
Waitomo Glowworm Caves Kelpari

Entry #12

Design 1:
Petra, Jordan Nephini

Design 2:
Kaohsiung City: Lotus Lake Ny'vene

Design 3:
Marble Caves, Chile Qitari

Edited By BobRoss on 5/7/2018 at 7:47 PM.
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/7/2018 at 4:48 PM Post #4
Entry #13

Design 1:
Northern Lights Ny'vene

Design 2:
Area 51 Ryori
Area 51 is supposedly a secret air force base but there are a ton of theories about aliens and stuff. Theres actually (illegal) tours to nearby ridges to see Area 51 during the night Swap G3 to a carry in the generator to see the real magic behind this design!

Design 3:
Kawah Ijen Volcano Kelpari
Seriously a volcano that has natural blue lava!

Entry #14

Design 1:
Hanging Garden of Babylon Griffi

Design 2:
Angkor Wat, Cambodia Sylvorpra

Design 3:
The Dead Sea Nytekrie:

Entry #15

Design 1:
Great Barrier Reef Puffadore

Design 2:
Sagrada Familia Griffi (other ref)

Design 3:
Niagra Falls Kelpari

Edited By BobRoss on 5/7/2018 at 9:24 PM.
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/7/2018 at 7:52 PM Post #5
Courtesy Ping:

Voting is now officially open ~

If you have yet to get your designs in, you may do late submission and they will be added as they are received. (:
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 5/7/2018 at 7:55 PM Post #6
Henlo frens. My friend here, BobRoss, is hosting an awesome design competition. I forgot to ping you all last round, but late is better than never.

I am participating in this contest, but am not asking for votes for myself or revealing which entry is mine. Just vote for your three favourite entries! Please read Bob's rules in post 1 first. Thanks!

P.S. My apologies for the extra ping if you are competing or on BobRoss' ping list.
Edited By Fox on 5/7/2018 at 7:56 PM.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 5/7/2018 at 7:56 PM Post #7
Henlo frens. My friend here, BobRoss, is hosting an awesome design competition. I forgot to ping you all last round, but late is better than never.

I am participating in this contest, but am not asking for votes for myself or revealing which entry is mine. Just vote for your three favourite entries! Please read Bob's rules in post 1 first. Thanks!

P.S. My apologies for the extra ping if you are competing or on BobRoss' ping list.
Asphodels
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 63
Posted: 5/7/2018 at 7:58 PM Post #8
Voting for 1, 8, and 11!

There are so many nice ones, but after quite a bit of work, I've settled on those.
This is unnecessary to do, but out of each one, my favorites in each set are the first in #1, 3rd in #8, and 3rd in #11, thought I'd make that distinction for the designers of them.
Toby
Level 74
The Tender
Threads: 50
Posted: 5/7/2018 at 8:07 PM Post #9
I vote for 1, 8 and 14.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 5/7/2018 at 8:11 PM Post #10
I vote 1, 4, and 13!

Also just gonna say for #13 I really love the Area 51 design! It's creative and if you actually pull it into the generator it is a really cool and fun idea!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.