Forum Index > Roleplay Games > Unknown Waters
Page 12 1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13... 88, 89, 90 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
IvyCat
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 106
Posted: 5/5/2018 at 3:34 AM Post #111
(Don't worry, I will tell you the prices and double check you want to buy them still)

"A days worth of food and water is 15, you'll need to check with the pedlar, I believe they're selling for 75 per rod and bait"
IvyCat
Level 62
Trickster
Posted: 5/5/2018 at 3:47 AM Post #112
You found the port official would sell you a days worth of food and water for 15 gold, he sold timber for 30gold per plank and cannon balls, 10 for 100gold. As you thanked him and went off to look for other things prices elsewhere, you found the pedlar who sold bait for 75gold and rods for free if you buy bait. She also sold bells for 150gold.
Finally, you headed towards the ship wright who pointed you towards the blacksmith. He sold cannons for, at cheapest, 250gold each, a simple set of 1 cannon which didn't fire far, quite weak power. It was made of little iron , so was reasonably light.
Clemenceau
Level 60
The Artistic
Threads: 9
Posted: 5/10/2018 at 3:42 PM Post #113
Soooo super sorry! School gobbled up all my time with finals and the SAT(ugh). Finally done with all of that and I am trying to catch up!! You are accepted, and I will get to your starting post ASAP
Clemenceau
Level 60
The Artistic
Posted: 5/10/2018 at 3:47 PM Post #114
You headed to the port and your ship was tied to the deck, the The Siren was written in silver lettering on the side. There were a few sailors the school had given you to help start you off. The day was windy away from London towards the sea and the waves were gentle. Your sails flapped. Behind you, there were lots of streets with markets, a fountain in the middle. A new mayor had been appointed recently and negotiations with Amsterdam were happening regularly, there seemed to be a planned trade route with them. You weren't sure for what, but from what you had been taught, today was a good day to sail. Further from the bay, you could already see some small ships. Some were anchored in the bay and others were sailing around.
Edited By Clemenceau on 5/10/2018 at 3:48 PM.
Clemenceau
Level 60
The Artistic
Posted: 5/10/2018 at 3:50 PM Post #115
Oh, Mikae, I do need to clarify, do you wanted to specialize in ranged or melee weapons?
Clemenceau
Level 60
The Artistic
Posted: 5/10/2018 at 4:22 PM Post #116
((So sorry this was so ridiculously delayed, guys! School gobbled me up with finals and the SAT(ugh). I'm working on catching back up!))

You stood together at the main Russian port. You had finally graduated, and your schools had provided you with ships of your very own: Tsunami and Angel's Lair. Their names were elegantly lettered onto your ships in a brilliant golden color, pronouncing how new they were to all the other sailors. You could see your school-provided skeleton crew aboard each, waiting for the arrival of their respective captains. A few fluffy clouds dotted the early morning sky, streaked with hints of the fading dawn. A strong breeze blew through, ruffling your clothing, out in the water, sending it rippling in bursts. The air carried a salty tang of the sea, along with the scents of the city behind you. 'Twould be a glorious day, if the signs were to be believed.
Edited By Clemenceau on 5/15/2018 at 4:05 PM.
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 14
Posted: 5/10/2018 at 5:25 PM Post #117
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=60216&page=12#112
Author: IvyCat
Time Posted: 5/5/2018 at 3:47 AM
You found the port official would sell you a days worth of food and water for 15 gold, he sold timber for 30gold per plank and cannon balls, 10 for 100gold. As you thanked him and went off to look for other things prices elsewhere, you found the pedlar who sold bait for 75gold and rods for free if you buy bait. She also sold bells for 150gold.
Finally, you headed towards the ship wright who pointed you towards the blacksmith. He sold cannons for, at cheapest, 250gold each, a simple set of 1 cannon which didn't fire far, quite weak power. It was made of little iron , so was reasonably light.

I realized I could not buy one cannon and 10 cannonballs if I wanted to buy all the other supplies I needed, so I decided to wait to have more money to buy cannons. I would rely of the speed of the ship for now. As long as I would be in the Mediterranean sea I could sail not too far from the coasts, which means the risk of being attacked by pirates would be low for now. If necessary I knew I could take refuge in the nearest port.
I decided to get rods and baits, bells, 4 planks. I bought food and water last. If I calculated correctly, it costed 360 gold.
IvyCat
Level 62
Trickster
Posted: 5/11/2018 at 1:01 AM Post #118
((^^ It's fine. Good luck. Don't get too stressed Oh, right, useful stuff. I'm using uncharted waters maps.
Dublin/Ireland Image
St Petersberg/Russia Image
I've displayed capitals discovered on the front, but I can link the maps underneath like I'll do with villages when they're discovered. Should we stick to UWO prices too? Maybe this could be in set in 1456?))

Angelica grabbed Elis hand and gave it a tug, running forward as she grabbed him. She drew to a stop at the edge of the docks, putting her hands on her hips with a proud huff as she looked upon the start of the Windswept fleet. Her normal eye shone. Angelica looked up at the almost-brother, "Eli" she huffed quietly, "I'm going into town to take some goods, the port official sells food. We'll need about 20 days worth to the nearest port" she was estimating, not quite knowing how far away the nearest town was, nor how fast these ships went, "If we take vodka out and bring back fur to a warmer country and hope not to run into any issues, we'll reach as far as England one day." she'd only heard of the legendary England in books, where the streets were pathed of gold and it had a strong empire.
Edited By IvyCat on 5/11/2018 at 1:06 AM.
Sheerakat006
Level 63
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 8
Posted: 5/11/2018 at 12:02 PM Post #119
Eli looked gently at Angelica with a grin on his face. "You seem very excited about this. Anyways, are you sure you don't want me to come with you? This place could possibly be dangerous for you alone... " Eli looked at Angelica, slightly concerned at letting her out of his sight. He always hated doing that and people back home would make jokes about him being her shadow. But Eli didn't mind the jokes, He had promised to look after Angelica, no matter what.

(Just realised that on my form thing, it says Eli is female :/)
Edited By Sheerakat006 on 7/22/2018 at 12:12 PM.
IvyCat
Level 62
Trickster
Posted: 5/11/2018 at 12:12 PM Post #120
Angelica patted his hair, standing on her tip toes, "Yep! I'll be perfectly fine~ Don't you worry at all. The market prices should be around 500 gold per bottle, so whatever spare you have put into buying some timber from the port official; we can figure out how to repair the ship later" she gave a smile and ran off towards the market place, hair swaying side to side and her dress flowing behind her. She ran lightly against the cobblestone streets further into town where she knew the market place was, as a trade student x3
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13... 88, 89, 90
This Page loaded in 0.016 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.