Forum Index > Fan Fiction > A Usual Day In Sylestia
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 3/26/2018 at 3:26 AM Post #1
This is just a fun little story about Sylestia, using actual people and pets. I won't update regularly but rather when I get the chance or when the mood strikes me. It's supposed to be something fun to do.
Disclaimer: The characters appearing although based off of actual sylestian players should not be taken literally. This is not how they act or how I see them, it's a story and should not be taken seriously.
If you'd like to be added PM me!

Chapters
Grapejuice's Very Normal Day
Shardial's Pun-lacking Day
IvyCat's Adventuress Day
Eevee17's Creative Day

Ping list: Shardial, Dragonrider1542
Edited By Grapejuice on 7/19/2018 at 3:47 AM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/26/2018 at 5:08 AM Post #2
Grapejuice's Very Normal Day
I yawned and quickly went to check on my pets. As usual Rose Mary had already Fed them. I sighed no matter how early I got up she always got there first, I swear she feeds them the moment it turns midnight!

I had a couple chores to do today, first I'll have to go to the market and see if any of my items were sold, I especially hoped to sell my Day of the Dead Mask, it was a recolor and worth quite a lot. I quickly got dressed in my flowy dress and put two flowers in my hair. Once satisfied I grabbed some pen, paper, and called Kindheart to my side before heading out.

The sun was out and it was almost clear skies! I decided that if I had time I could visit Astryl's Vale and maybe level up some pets for the Lost Grove, I couldn't believe I was still only on level 61! Kindheart called out a warning and tugged my arm, I had been so lost in thought I had almost run right into one of the trade broker stalls. I smiled down at Kindheart and gave her a quick pet of affection on her head before looking around for my stall. I found it and walked over, the young man there greeted me with a smile and politely asked: "May I see your ID Number?" I nodded and fumbled slightly before pulling it out and showing him, it read #49188.

He inspected it and apparently satisfied gave it back to me "So any sales?" I asked hopefully. He nodded "Yes, you sold that Polar Night's Arctic Nomad's Lantern for 15k" he then handed me a sack and I weighed it, I heard the distinct clink of coins. I smiled back and thanked him before heading on my way. I put the coins in my money bag and then called to Kindheart who had been curiously sniffing a stall with some fairy mushrooms for sale.

She quickly loped back to my side and let out a discontented meow. I chuckled and replied, "I'll pick you up a couple next time I'm in Viridian Meadows." That seemed to satisfy her, I checked the time 9:34:27am. shoot, I still needed to pick up the newspaper, but I was already behind schedule. I looked over at Kindheart, a thoughtful expression came upon my face. I took out one of the sheets of paper I had brought with me and quickly scribbled down a note, I tied it to Kindheart's leg with some twine I found on the ground, probably lost in the hustle and bustle of the market and told her to head towards the Newspaper stand, I had a subscription so hopefully she would return with my newspaper. Just in case I added a couple gold coins then sent her on her way.

I hurried home and checked my email to my dismay there were a ton of pings and messages. Some I noted were just ads for pet sales, these I quickly discarded. Then moved on to business. Looks like a couple more people needed their pets tested. I quickly sent back replies to when I could come and once the time was established moved on to my leveling service.

By the time I was done an hour had passed, thankfully Kindheart had returned with my Sylestia Times Newspaper. I quickly skimmed over the news. A particular title caught my eyes Lupora Evolution? I grabbed a cup of hot chocolate and quickly pursued the article. "Renowned Sylesti experts Krinadon and Faiona have discovered that Lupora Evolution has spiked suddenly. Faiona herself said that 'Many Lupora have lost their usual stocky build and taken on a leaner look, they're usually stiff and coarse mane has also begun to appear more fluffy and flowy. We are not sure why the sudden change but will continue to work out the changes and report more soon!' Krinadon could not be found to comment on the sudden change for he was busy studying the Lost Grove. (More on p.g 6)"

I frowned at this, I knew I had a Lupora in my own stable I wondered if the change was obvious on her or her offspring, I hoped it wouldn't ruin their look too much. I remembered the time the Lunemara's had gone under their evolutions, it had started off very rocky. I would have to check later. Kindheart nudged my hand suddenly and I looked down. She had something in her mouth. I quickly plucked it out, it was a letter. I opened to find it sent to me from my little niece IvyCat. I smiled she was wondering when I was next coming over. Perhaps it was time to surprise her!

I quickly grabbed a coat and told Kindheart to stay here before heading out once more. The weather had changed to slightly rainy so I was glad for the coat. I saw her house up ahead. On the way, I also met Shardial. I smiled and waved hello, she was a great friend of mine, probably among my first in Sylestia. I stopped to chat for a bit, I still had time, after all, Ivy wasn't expecting me.

"Hey Shard!" "Grape!" she squealed and we both hugged "It feels like forever since we last talked" I Lamented and she nodded sadly "Yes, it's a shame. We'll have to hang out soon." I nodded in agreement "yes but I might need to take a...Rain check." I grinned she groaned at my horrible pun "Not again!" She moaned but that only made me grin wider "aww come on...water you going to do" I laughed at her annoyance but quickly stopped and we both laughed "Anyway's I gotta go, I'm going to surprise my niece." I explained and we parted ways.

I finally came upon the house, I gently knocked and was met with one young Ivy's sister Katelynn. I grinned at her and put my finger to my lips in a gesture of silence. She nodded once and quickly rushed back to the other room where I knew the living room to be. I quickly took off my shoes and hung up my coat, still carrying my bag I walked into the room with a big smile.

"Hey Ivy!" She whipped around to look at me with astonishment I tried not to laugh and instead settled for saying "Awww, no hug for your favourite aunt?" She shook her head and grinning jumped to her feet and ran to hug me around the waist "Auntie Grape!" She squealed happily before grabbing my arm and dragging me over to where I saw her sister and three other kids were sitting. Apparently, the other three kids were named Dragonrider, Ghostwind, and Osore. They rped regularly. In fact, I knew osore as she had red with me many times before.

"Come on! You're just in time, we're starting a new roleplay game" She said excitedly and practically shoved me into a sitting position on the floor before setting herself down in what we dubbed "The Narrator's Chair" I laughed my eyes swimming with mirth "So what are we rping today?" I asked curiously, last time it had been one we called Dragonverse, I was the narrator then, before that we had done Ioata with Katelynn as the Narrator.

I could only imagine what Ivy would come up with. She grinned at me deviously "You'll see!" Then she closed her eyes and began to whisper quietly "The noises of the town buzz around you, people milling around. It was still the crack of dawn, sunlight barely pouring in through the frosted windows. Snow paved the streets as you looked down on the town, lights were still on in houses. The workers almost always woke up at this time. Outside of your room, the servants bustled around the corners, also starting work."

She opened her eyes dramatically and continued in a loud commanding voice "You were the child of one of the eight elite magic families in Astaria. The tales of the deeds your family had done traveled around the whole country, even past your borders. The fights between you and your siblings were constant, as your parents had yet to decide who would be the next to inherit the title of Ruler."

She grinned malicousley and her voice dropped to a low whiseper once more "A maid knocked on your door. You saw her dip her head, "Your father is calling for you in the throne room" she ducked her head and backed out of the room before you could do anything. This could be the final moment."

I kind of lost track of time and yelped in surprise when the clock rung, announcing it be 11 pm. "Ack! I gotta go!" Ivy pouted "Awww, do you have to?" I nodded and ruffled her hair she tried to bite me but I quickly drew my hand away "Sorry kiddo, I have lots of stuff to do tomorrow."

She frowned "But your Wolf Hybrid was just gonna face off against the death demon!" she whined and I chuckled "I know, we can continue it next time I'm over." I said before getting up. I said goodbye to her and her friends, I had grown to quite like them. I grabbed my coat, put on my shoes and headed out the door. By the time I got home and to bed it was 11:45 I yawned and curled up in bed.

Today had been a good day.
Edited By Grapejuice on 3/26/2018 at 5:19 AM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/26/2018 at 6:00 AM Post #3
Shardial's Pun-lacking Day
I woke up at 7 and quickly hopped out of bed excitedly. Today was a great day for two reasons. First, I was going to finally start on my Sea Turtle Ma xStat Nixi's. I'd finally collected all the materials I needed. Now it was just a matter of breeding the genes in. I knew these things took months, sometimes years but I was still happy to finally start the breeding process.

The second reason was that I had finally managed to prove that one player (who shall remain unnamed) had stolen over five designs for three different contests. It had taken a lot of work and a lot of digging but I found the proof I needed. Indeed today was turning out to be a good day. I knew that I would probably have to check more contests for design thefts, but I'd check my inbox later. They normally sent the design sheets there, but for now, I had time to do what I wanted.

I quickly got dressed in my blue cloud dressed. I always liked how it faded from white to light blue, to a beautiful midnight shade. Once I had my shoes on I headed out. It was sunny and that only helped my mood. I paused with my foot out the door, I debated on whether to take one of my pets with me and finally decided against it. I had done enough exploring and leveling for a bit. I'd already reached level 62, the other three can wait a while.

I stepped out and decided to head for the meeting place of the prestigious poets. It had been a while since I'd been there but I had the time and needed to update my board. I wondered if anyone would be there. if so that would be great! I opened the door to the club and was delighted to see that Magyak was sitting down there writing hurriedly.

I sat down in the seat opposite him and smiled and waved hello "Hey Mag" He put down the pencil and looked up with a tired smile "Hey Shard." I frown slightly he looked really tired "Hey, you okay?" I asked but he shrugged it off "No I'm fine, I was just up late last night working on Rhinnish." I nodded the smile coming back "That's the language your making right?" I ask curiously and he nods "Yep! Your name in Rhinnish would be Culsat'ne" He states proudly and I raise an eyebrow, "That's so cool! I can't wait to see what else you come up with. Whatcha doing now?" I ask pointedly looking down at the piece of paper "Oh writing down some poems." he says offhandedly I smile "Can I see 'em?" He shrugs

"Later, I want to finish them first." I nod in agreement. "That makes sense." We talked for a little bit more and as I was about to leave Magyak grinned up at me with a particularly evil grin and said: "Well I guess I'll see ya later, I'd like you to stay but I guess you have to...leaf." I groaned "Noooooo" He shook his head in mock disappointment, "I thought you'd have branched out by now." I glared at him "Come on!" he laughed good-naturedly and a smile escaped my lips, I waved goodbye and walked out.

I look up at the sun, it's probably around noon so I decided to head back home and take care of those design contest theft checks. I sat down and sifted through the many applications, Yep this was gonna take a while. I look down at the names as well. I swear they mocked me, half of them were puns. Why the puns?! Gah!

When I'd gotten through the last one I sighed relief, finally done. I looked out it was raining, I needed a walk to clear my head and I supposed the rain would help. So I quickly grabbed a coat and a scarf before heading back out. I decided to not take a sylesti as it was just a quick walk, probably wouldn't take long and I wanted to clear my mind with silence. I didn't need the constant yapping or yowling next to my ear.

As I was walking I saw a figure up ahead, I grinned. Good ol' Grapejuice. I waved hello and we met up. She grinned when she saw me and said hey, and I hugged her and squealed happily "Grape!" When we broke apart she grinned and lamented on how we hadn't been hanging out as much. I nodded in agreement and we spent some time talking.

Looks like she was going to meet her niece. I told her I was going for a walk, it had been a good day but a long one at that. However, I also told her about how I had started breeding the Sea Turtle Nixi's. She congratulated me, but all to soon she had to go. I sighed and waved goodbye, of course in true Grape fashion she had to throw in a pun or two. I groaned but smiled anyway. We parted ways and I continued my walk.

When I came back home I was surprised to see Neon and Sea Ice had both somehow gotten inside the house. Last time I remember they were inside the stables in their stalls. I was also surprised to see that the two of them had somehow managed to reach my supply of pet dyes. Thankfully I got them away in time and they didn't get any dyes on them. I hated when that happens! There's not much worse than dying the wrong pet.

I gave them both a quick pet and played around with them for a bit before leading them back to their stalls. It was still raining and I knew that Sea Ice would be especially happy being a Kelpari and all. After that I walked back inside, firmly shut and locked the doors and sank down into my armchair in the living room. It had been a long day and I was ready to sleep.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a less pun-filled day.
Edited By Grapejuice on 3/26/2018 at 5:11 PM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/26/2018 at 5:36 PM Post #4
IvyCat's Adventuress Day
I woke up with a start. In front of me was a puffadore and was licking my face happily. I shoved her off gently and when my eyes adjusted I saw it was my little Watermelon. I smiled and gave her a quick pet before getting up, brushing my hair, getting dressed, and making my cup of coffee. Once I had drunk the last drop I quickly headed out to my stable. I debated for a bit and finally decided to take Watermelon and Plague with me. I knew some of my friends would be over later for our RPG sessions. But I had tons of time for that. I suddenly remember the letter I was gonna send to Auntie Grapejuice it had been a while since I last saw her so I quickly ran, got it off the coffee table and put it in the mailbox. Hopefully, she would reply soon!

With that done I called Watermelon and Plague to my side and we set off into town. I wandered around for a bit kinda bored then something caught my attention. At first all I could hear was the faint yipping of Puffadores then I saw the small pen. It looked slightly like that of where we keep livestock I quickly ran over excitedly and saw that the pen was filled with about 10 puffadores. I squealed happily and looked around for the owner. I saw him sitting down on a chair not far off. I paused, he looked really mean. I squinted my eyes for a better look and saw a whip by his side. I looked back to the puffs, they looked very malnourished. I glared at him but quickly slunk off before he saw me. I called Watermelon and Plague to my side. I looked around, making sure no one was here. I told them to sit and then got an idea. I grabbed a sailor hat out of my inventory and put it on Plague. I giggled as it was much too large for her and her ears poked out from under it.

I shook my head to clear it then began pacing in front of them as though this was a war and I was explaining the tactics, which it was and I was. "Alright! Plague you're gonna lead the charge, I'm gonna give the signal and you run forward and bark at the mean ol' keeper, that should keep him busy! Then watermelon you come with me and we'll sneak around back and free the puffs from the inside!" I finished triumphantly and looked down at my troops to see if they'd been listening.

I shook my head at what I saw. Watermelon was rolling on her back while Plague was trying to shake the hat off of her as it had fallen to cover one of her eyes. I quickly put Waterlemon upright and set the cap straight on Plague's head. "You've got your orders me....er females! Now, let's do this!" I pushed Plague out and she looked back at me curiously. I sighed and pointed at the Keeper and made a growling sound.

Plague nodded once and ran over to the keeper. The keeper looked down at her just as I had planned but instead of barking she yelped once and ran around him excitedly. It wasn't what I was going for but it was working as he got up to try and catch her. I motioned to Watermelon and we hopped into the pen of Puffadores. Immediately I wiggled under their furry bodies and reach the gate. "Three.....two...one!" I whisper yelled and at one I opened the gate and suddenly a wave of puffadores buffeted me as they ran out. I heard The keeper yelp in surprise and furry but I had already hopped on a particularly big puffadore. He had broad blue shoulders and beautiful white swirls. I squealed with delight as the puffadore I rode on took the lead and led the herd down through the square. I was partly aware of people jumping out of the way. I also saw Katelynn on the way and grinning waved hello to my sister before she was lost from my view as the puffadore horde raced past. It was a little while before they stopped. They ended up stopping in front of a forest. I groaned "Awww, do we have to stop now?" I sighed and quickly hopped off my puff. I looked at the lot of them and motioned for them to go. They were free. each bowed their head to me before they raced off into the forest.

Watermelon and Plague came up to my side and I smiled at them. "C'mon let's get home! I can't wait to tell Katelynn and maybe Grape about my Puffadore Heist!" When I got home I found some of my friends were already there and we all sat down to start on an RPG it had started to rain just as I got home. I decided that before we started the RPG I would tell them about my heist in graphic detail. By the end, we were all laughing and then the doorbell rang. Katelynn went to get it and to my delight, it was Auntie Grape! I ran and hugged her and she joined us for our RPG. I was sad to see her go but today had been a fun day.

I yawned and finally dragged myself into bed. I snuggled under the blankets and look down when Watermelon snuggled under my arm. I smiled lazily and closed my eyes.

Perhaps tomorrow I could do a Lighra Heist...
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/22/2018 at 10:41 PM Post #5
Eevee17's Creative Day

I woke up to a sunny morning and immediately munched down some of the leftover fairy mushroom pie that my friend Dragongem23 had made me. After finishing up I went to my stables to check up on my pets. I went through the routine of feeding them and gave some extra food to my favorites Luna, SilverMoon, FireGold, and Vanilla. I paused for half a second before deciding to take Luna and Vanilla with me. I had to get to my usual rp group. I was excited to see where it would go as we had left off on the fact that Kalyn had a brother and we had just reached the palace.

As I was walking there I ran into Cian, literally. We both fell back I managed to catch my balance and then rushed forward to help her up "Sorry!" I say quickly "I didn't see you there." She shrugged it off "Ah don't worry about it too much, it's really not a problem." Then she asked, "So where you headed too?" I explained about the rp and she nodded "Sounds fun I'm actually grabbing some supplies for my themed projects." "Good luck! I really love your designs, which reminds me after the rp I'll have to head to the generator and play around with some designs." We parted ways and I hurried to the rp, my sylesti following closely behind.

The rp had gone well, much had happened but I had to leave for the generator, plus Luna was starting to get restless. As I walked along I looked back to see Luna and Vanilla jumping around happily, chasing each other, chasing their tails and generally having fun. I laughed when Vanilla tripped and fell on top of Luna. That got me thinking, perhaps Luna could use a mate. I started coming up with designs that might work.

Suddenly a delicious smell penetrated my thoughts. I looked around for the source and saw to my delight a small bakery. I had been getting hungry and decided it would be worth it to stop by. I stepped in and looked around curiously. There was so much to choose from! Finally, I settled for a chocolate coin ice easter delight. I shyly stepped up to the employee "What would you like today?" He asked and not meeting his eyes I quietly mumbled: "Chocolate coin easter delight please." He smiled kindly "Sure thing! Here or to go?" I thought for a moment then decided "here." I didn't want to spill it when I was walking.

He handed me the food and I sat down to eat. I tossed small bits to Luna and Vanilla when they begged for it. It was so good and the chocolate was nice and creamy on such a hot day! When I finished I quickly threw the remains away and then headed to the generator.

I excitedly stepped up to an open slate and watched as the screen closed around me. for a moment I was stuck in pure blackness then the menu opened up. I selected the species (Lupora) and watched as a 3D life-sized model of the lupora came up. It was currently blank and just a greyish white block. I started off with some base colors and watched as the image shifted and moved to create what I entered.

By the end of it, I had tried a dozen designs and finally decided to settle on the third, a pretty blue and white mix with wings, spots, lace runes, and ribbons. I clicked the save button, I could generate later, let it scan my ID, pressed exit and waited for the screen to move down.

I stepped out and yelped with surprise when I felt the raindrop on my head. To my surprise, it was raining, lightly, but still raining. I wondered how long I was in there and checked the time, it was nearly 10pm already! I had to get home.

I called Luna and vanilla then hurried home. By the time I got there, I was exhausted. I grabbed an apple, plopped into bed and gratefully sank into sleep.

I got a lot done today
Edited By Grapejuice on 7/19/2018 at 3:47 AM.

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.