Players 2,460 401
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,229,929 1,283
Generated 655,780 86
Captured 1,189,522 125
Bred 6,384,535 1,072
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Ability to Omit Someone from Being Able...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Threads: 114
Posted: 2/6/2018 at 2:29 PM Post #1
There should be a way for users to post the ID of a user they DONT want to buy a pet~similar to the "sell to user ID" option. It's kinda like how you can omit certain people from the design search.

Just because, with me, anyways, there are certain people (like never-active users or mass releasers) who I don't want buying my pets. And I feel like I have to price my pets super high now if I'm selling them so that those users don't buy them. But high-priced pets are less likely to get bought, especially by newer users.

Just an idea
Snowcrystal
Level 61
Threads: 175
Posted: 2/7/2018 at 11:59 PM Post #2
Yes. One festival I got a bunch of pets and I put them all on sale and someone kept buying them and releasing them! I got really annoyed. Yes I know I know the current owner of the pet has the full right to do anything to the pet unless it's a service BUT! I did NOT put it up for sale JUST to get released!

TOTAL SUPPORT

sry for the rant...
Edited By Snowcrystal on 2/8/2018 at 1:24 AM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 12:58 AM Post #3
I support, there are certain people I have asked not to buy my pets but they still fully do so, so support.
Vigy
Level 65
Trickster
Threads: 127
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 1:04 AM Post #4
Support

I feel like people need to realize, if you don't want the pet don't take the pet also.
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Threads: 114
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 7:55 AM Post #5
Or perhaps some way that when you search for pets on the advanced search, you can type in usernames and those people's pets will not come up? Then the Sylestia Releasers and people could have a list of people not wanting their pets released.
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 10:06 AM Post #6
I personally feel like something like this harbors a more negative market. I don't like the idea that there could be a pet that I very much want, that someone would block me from buying despite me being able to pay for it. There have also been times int he past where I will buy a pet that is untested in hopes it has soemthign I want, and then it ends up not having a trait i was looking for or having one i'm very much not after. I don't have the stable space to keep them at that point if I'm not going to use, so they get released.

The whole point of people buying and releasing is to keep the market from completely tanking. Its /meant/ to drive prices up. Don't you /want/ to sell those pets for more money? You get more gold, the market stays in tact, and then other people can sell for more gold as well.

There are already ways to get around people buying your pets when you don't want them to. You can make threads in the forums and sell to certain user ids. Imo, thats enough.
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 2:39 PM Post #7
Have to agree with Losty, there are already ways to make sure your pets aren't bought and released, or bought by someone you don't want to have buy it. The people that spend time buying low priced pets and releasing them (and let's be honest, most pets priced between 1 and 500 gold are probably priced that way because the owner wants it out of the stable, and it wouldn't sell higher), are doing all of Sylestia a favour in that they are clearing the market of unwanted, severely under-priced pets. We have all become aware of the problems with the sylesti market as we've hung around the site over the years. Some have suggested a minimum price requirement, but this would stop random giveaways, and possibly pet trades, so it's been an unpopular suggestion. There have been rumours of an NPC coming in the future that you could 'sell' your unwanted pet to for some scales, and while that is a more popular possibility, it is a long way off, if it happens at all. So... that leaves us with those who are diligent enough to go through, purchase low-priced pets, and remove them from the market, to hopefully help the market come back up, even just a little.

So, in conclusion, I would say: take advantage of the pet auctions forum, take advantage of the ability to make direct sales to the person of your choice, and if you want to just put a pet up for sale without using those, price appropriately, and if 'appropriately' happens to be very low, then accept that these pets you don't want my be scooped up and released as part of the market clearing. (Because, again, if you don't want it, and no one else wants to pay even 1,000 gold for it, it's probably just going to clog the market anyway.)

Also, as an addendum, watch for release contests that happen every so many fests. These run the same as the nurturing and battle boards, but are for releasing the most of a certain species of sylesti. When these contests run, even pets listed at 10,000+ gold are often scooped up for release (especially if it is a popular species). I have seen people get upset when their pets up for sale are released for these contests, but the only way to avoid such a thing is to sell direct, or price higher than the releasers are purchasing at. Same as normal, but more extreme for a month or so XD

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.