Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Dracornpotato
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 39
Posted: 12/6/2017 at 3:16 PM Post #1
Thread is Closed For Judging

Hello, fellow writers and anyone else who would like to participate in this contest!

No, this is not a writing contest. It is a contest to help me write! I am looking for a prompt that will inspire me to write. I desperately need one to help me write for a specific time and place that needs it. I am taking TEN PARTICIPANTS in this contests in order to avoid too many difficult decisions because I am sure that ALL of you have brilliant ideas.

Current Participants:

1. DragonRider1542 ~ Sci-Fi: Entered | Fantasy: Entered
2. LivingInMyOwnReality ~ Sci-Fi: Entered | Fantasy: Entered
3. Dragonnadder ~ Sci-Fi: Entered | Fantasy: Entered
4. Dragongem23 ~ Sci-Fi: Entered | Fantasy: Entered
5. Greenmamba ~ Sci-Fi: Entered | Fantasy ~ Entered

Prizes:

1st Place: Three beautiful pets bred from my stables(+ credit for the prompt)
2nd Place: Two beautiful pets bred from my stables(+ credit for prompt)
3rd Place: One beautiful pet bred from my stables(+ Credit for prompt)

Additional Rules:

1. Must be a fantasy or science fiction(please no aliens) prompt for a SHORT STORY
2. Please make it clear if you are doing a fantasy or Sci-Fi prompt on your post
3. Please don't create additional conversations on this thread
4. Don't be rude to other players when they post their ideas
5. MUST PING ME or your response might accidentally be ignored
6. When you post your ideas, please type in the word Acorn in white(this is so I know that you read the rules and so that anyone who didn't cannot pick up on it and just do it)
7. If the slots for participating in this contest are already filled up, please do not post on this thread(if I accidentally forget to add a name to the list and you post, that's my fault, so it's okay)
8. Prompts CAN NOT be related to any other book or story that you have heard, heard of, or read.

This contest ends on December 7, 2017(A.K.A tomorrow) at 8:45 Game Time
Edited By Dracornpotato on 12/7/2017 at 6:58 PM.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 12/6/2017 at 5:32 PM Post #2
Right... hello!
Science fiction:
the world is exactly like our irl world, and everybody (including protagonist) lives happily. But... things are breaking. The trees are glitching; parts of the sky shift colors like RGB gone wrong. Yes, this life was a simulation. In a random twist of (un)luckiness, the protagonist wakes up into the real world. The real world is full of terrifying technology and was like nothing the protagonist had ever seen before. Stranded in reality... trying to survive.
If you do this, I'm interested in what your version of 'reality' is

Fantasy:
It all begins and ends with two words:
Wake up
In a world similar to ours, a person important to the protagonist is on the verge of death. Panicking, the protagonist goes on a journey to find a cure, through shifting dimensions; fighting evil monsters; risking their own life... to find the cure never existed. She/he goes back... The person is dead. Sunken in the deepest layers of grief, the protagonist withdraws from the world, hearing voices and hallucinating... In the end, after excruciating pain, she/he gives up to insanity.
Wake up
Edited By Dragonrider1542 on 12/7/2017 at 2:17 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 12/6/2017 at 7:40 PM Post #3
a CORN

Sc-Fi -
The world is decaying. Humans have finally destroyed the earth and life as we know it is coming to an end. Humans are trying to transport the world to an alternate world but each attempt has caused failure. Some how you must save earth.

Fantasy -
You are a creature of the forest. One day the earth starts to shake. Everything is destroyed. Your home and family are gone. As you adept to your new life you notice some things have... changed. The shadows are longer and appear to follow you. Soft black whispers dart out of sight in the corner of your eye. Something has come. Something is terribly wrong. One by one creatures are disappearing. Soon only you are a few others are left. You must stop this evil before it takes over.
Edited By LivingInMyOwnReality on 12/6/2017 at 8:26 PM.
Dracornpotato
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/6/2017 at 7:44 PM Post #4
Okay! You have been entered into the competition!

And I will most definitely do so if your prompt is chosen.

Did you read rule #6?
Dracornpotato
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/6/2017 at 7:46 PM Post #5
You have been entered in the competition!
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 12/6/2017 at 7:48 PM Post #6
Sorry, changing color on my phone is hard. It keeps jumping everywhere so I can't type in ffffff
Anyways...
Acorn
Edited By Dragonrider1542 on 12/6/2017 at 7:48 PM.
Dragonnadder
Level 71
Nature Walker
Threads: 32
Posted: 12/6/2017 at 7:51 PM Post #7
Fantasy- In a society where you are instantly and magically bonded to a creature from birth, the protagonist was unbonded and never formed a connection with any creature. For this reason, they've been outcast from society for their entire life, and decide to go on a journey to find out why fate decided for them to have this fate, and maybe find acceptance along the way. acorn (does it count if it's not capitalized? I don't feel like capitalizing it.)
Sci-fi- While video gaming like usual, the protagonist (and perhaps some of their friends) is somehow sucked into their console, and has to play through the games on the console like a maze to get out.
Dracornpotato
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/6/2017 at 8:17 PM Post #8
You have been added to the competition!

I have added a new rule that I had forgotten to add. Prompts CAN NOT be related to any book or story you have heard, heard of, or read. The prompts you suggested were both things that I have read, so if you would like to change your prompts, you can...
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 12/6/2017 at 8:18 PM Post #9
Fantasy Prompt...

You as a young adventurer have been called to find a missing{Insert Item here}....you may find many friends and enemies on the way.You may succeed,or will you?

Sci-Fi prompt(if we can do both)
You have woken up in a lab...a lab much like the redwood forest of earth..(other planet but no aliens) a doctor comes to you and amisaters a shot daily that make small changes do you...(Probably should write it like a journal entry)

ACORN
-love the idea!
Edited By Dragongem23 on 12/6/2017 at 8:35 PM.
Dracornpotato
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/6/2017 at 8:23 PM Post #10
You have been added to the competition!

Just a tip: It is a wonderful idea. Something that I will most definitely write in the future now that you have brought it to mind. But at this particular moment, it will be difficult to write because these prompts are for short stories, and it impossible to write such an amazing idea down in just a few pages.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.