Forum Index > Other Fiction > Golden's Short Stories
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Awkwardmollusk
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 10/3/2017 at 8:14 PM Post #1
Hi! Golden here. Remember last year I tried writing a Sonic fanfic...? I couldn't keep up with that. Like, at all. So instead, I figured I'd just write a bunch of short stories! Some (most) will be gaming related, but I'll throw in some based off of books, movies, and other random ideas I have floating around in my brain. That being said... let's get started.

Stories (in order):
Miles (WIP)
The Cadet
From Nothing to Everything

Coming soon:
More backstories.

I'll touch this up later with links, but feel free to post here.
Edited By Goldennautilusdreams on 5/3/2018 at 11:59 AM.
Awkwardmollusk
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/21/2017 at 9:13 PM Post #2
Deleted
Edited By Goldennautilusdreams on 5/3/2018 at 11:59 AM.
Awkwardmollusk
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/21/2017 at 9:19 PM Post #3
Miles

"Knuckles, you know chess is timed in the Olympics, right?" Sonic grumbled, drumming his fingers on the table as he waited.
Knuckles glanced up. "Chess is a sport?"
"No,"
"Then why is it in the Olympics?"

Tails sighed. This whole situation was nothing new. The two would get into a debate, then an argument, then a fight, somebody would accidentally knock over the table, Sonic would yell, Knuckles would storm off, Sonic would chase him...

Oh no.

Tails had to do something. And fast.

He slammed his book shut and walked over. He quickly looked over the chess board and said. "Knight captures rook,"

A hush fell over the trio. Sonic spoke up first. "Why did you tell him that?"
"You wanted him to make a move, didn't you?" Tails replied.
"Yeah, but..."
Knuckles huffed, clearly embarrassed. "It's fine, Imma just throw the game,"
"Please don't," Sonic said.
"It's a metaphor, half-wit. I quit,"
"You're a poet and don't even know it,"
"Go for a run or something,"

Tails sighed. Sure, those two weren't constantly at each other's throats anymore, but they still had a bad habit of turning conversations into fights. But hey, at least one member of this team was mature.

This is his story.

----------

Tails wasn't one to boast. Yes, he was the smartest person in his hometown, but he didn't let anybody know that. Not like anybody cared anyway.

Like, was it really that bizarre having a second tail?

Granted, he was rather grateful for his twin tails. They were rather useful when working on machines that were high up. It was relationships that the second tail messed up. For whatever reason, it was tease-worthy, but it wasn't like Tails could do anything about it.

This had been going on for years when, one bright summer's day, he showed up.

There were rumors going around that the newcomer hailed from South Island, an island that was a short plane flight southeast of Westside that was well-known for its sprawling grasslands, ancient ruins, and Starlight City. There were other rumors surrounding this stranger, that he was a local hero who had stopped some sort of great evil from taking over the world.

These rumors went around for about a week when Tails caught his first glimpse of the visitor.

Tails was on his way to a hardware store, taking his usual route through Emerald Hill. All was pleasant, between the birdsong, the clear skies, and the cool breeze that made the tall grass ripple. Tails let out a sigh, because boy, was it nice out.

That's when he saw it. Or... He heard it and barely caught a glimpse of it.

A joyful holler rang out into the air, startling a few birds and rabbits. Tails' ears rotated, trying to find the source of the cry. Just then, something whizzed past him, 5 times faster than a bullet, by Tails' estimation. Just there and gone. He couldn't tell what it was, as his eyes just couldn't follow the movement. Awestruck and curious, Tails decided to do what any good scientist would; Figure it out. He took off in the general direction the something went.

About an hour of intense searching passed when Tails noticed somebody surveying the area from up in a tree. The fox hurried over and called, "Hello up there! Did you happen to see something zip through here not long ago?"

The person in the tree glanced down with almost unnaturally green eyes. "That might've been me," He said, sliding down the tree. "Who's asking?"

Tails' ears perked up. "O-oh! Miles Prower, but I prefer Tails,"

The other person, a sleek blue hedgehog, nodded. "The name's Sonic," He said with a nod. "Well, later!" He said, running off.... and fast!

Tails stood there for a moment, taken aback. When he snapped back into reality, he took off after him. "Hey! Wait up!" He called, as the questions flooded into his head.

About fifteen minutes later, Tails had arrived at the coast. Sure enough, Sonic was there, doing repairs on a bright red biplane... Upon closer observation, he didn't seem to be getting very far. Tails walked over to him. "Do you need any help?" He asked.

Sonic dropped the wrench he was holding abruptly. "Look, kid," He replied. "I don't have time for--" He paused and averted his gaze. "...Yes. I have no idea what I'm doing. You know a guy?"

"I could fix it," Tails offered, picking up the wrench.
"You could fix it," Sonic replied dryly.
"I can, and I will," Tails sighed, setting to work. After a few moments of silence, Tails paused and looked at the hedgehog.

"Sonic?"
"Yeah?"
"You don't happen to be from South Island, by any chance?"
"I am. Why you askin'?"
"There are rumors going around about you, then. Your some kind of hero, if I'm not mistaking?"
"Naw, you're right. Had a run in with an evil mastermind who was stuffing little critters into robots, and was planing to build some doomsday weapon. I kicked his butt though," Sonic explained. "It was the most fun I've ever had--"

He stopped mid sentance and stood up, ears rotating. Tails cocked his head in confusion. "Is something wrong?"
"Yes, Tails. Something is wrong,"
Tails frowned. "Like what?"
Sonic looked back at Tails. "What happened to all of the birds?"
Tails was about to protest, but paused. They were awful quiet all of a sudden.

Sonic straightened. "Get someplace safe, kid," He said abruptly.
Tails frowned. "What? Why?"
Sonic's gaze hardened. "Look, you're a nice guy, but you don't look like the sort of guy who can hold his own if things get ugly. For your sake, get off the island if you can. It isn't safe here anymore,"

Isn't safe anymore? Things getting ugly? Tails thought. "What are you talking about?"

WIP
Edited By Goldennautilusdreams on 8/9/2018 at 9:03 AM.
Awkwardmollusk
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/25/2017 at 11:31 PM Post #4
The Cadet
How I envison Sonic Forces
(Custom/Avatar/ Buddy/ I dont know what you call him/I'm calling him Rookie/ He's the red wolf ok?/ Gadget's perspective)

I was cornered against the wall, three robots towering above me. I gasp for breath, my energy spent from fighting them.
"H...help..." I say feebly.
The middle robot came in to deal the finishing blow. I close my eyes and brace myself....
but the attack never came.
Instead, I hear somebody shout "Knock it off!!", then a woosh, then a brak!, then a bang!
I look up, and see someone standing on top of the now-destroyed robots.
The guy looks at me. "Are you ok?" He asks. He's an avian Mobian, and I notice a black band with a red star round his wing.
"Yeah... thanks to you. I owe you one." I say.
"No problem. Thats what the Ressistance is all about!"
"The Resistance?"
"Yep. Now if you excuse me, I have to get back to my team. Stay outta trouble, kay?" He says, getting ready to take off.
"Wait! Don't go!" I shout.
The guy looks at me. "Ya need something?"
I hesitate. "Who do I talk to if I wanna join this 'Resistance'?"
The bird smirks. "Follow me,"

I looked at my new weapon the next day, staring down at my reflection in its metal surface. I close the case once more. I look at my armband as well, and begin to question my choice.
Can I really do this? I wonder.
Just then, the guy from yesterday barges into my room "Dude, you are so late, and this is only your first day! The Commander is gonna have your pelt!!"
I roll my eyes. "Oh, he can't be that bad. You're overreacting."
The Bird's eyes go wide. "You haven't seen 'im yet, have you?"
"Can't say I have."
"Look, just hurry up! You don't wanna get on his bad side!"
"Ok, ok, I'm coming!" I say, annoyed.

I stood at attention, sweating. Oh sweet Maria, I think, I shoulda listened to that guy!
The Commander was a species of Mobian I've only seen once on the news. The red fur, the stark white marking, the spiked fists; there was no doubt about it. He was an echidna. The Commender was the Knuckles the Echidna! As he examines the cadets, he doesn't even show emotion, but I can tell what he's thinking. He thinks we're a bunch of amateurs. He's probably right. I instinctively salute as he passes by me, even though nobody else was. He paused. Oh. NO. He knows! I try to hide my fear. Knuckles shakes his head. "Wrong hand, cadet," Was all he said before continuing down. I quickly fix my salute.

I could feel the Commander's eyes on me for the rest of the morning announcements. When the cadets were dismissed, I knew he was still watching me. But it wasn't until after lunch that he approached me. "Come with me," he says. He meant business. I follow, saying nothing but my heart pounding. I'm dead, I'm dead, I am so dead. He unlocks the door to a small conference room. "Wait here." He says, walking off. I go into the room and have a seat.

5 minutes felt like 5 hours, and the Commander finally returned. Sonic, Hero of Mobius, entered behind him, followed by his partner, Tails. I rub my thumb under the table, like I always do when I'm nervous. They each take a seat, and look at each other in silence for a moment. The door slams shut, making me jump a little.

Sonic is the first to speak."So uh, who's this?"
I swallow hard. Knuckles is giving me that look again. "I-I-I--- My name is uh-- Rookie Wynstreak, Sir!"
Knuckles huffs and mumbles something that sounds an awful lot like "Get over yourself."
Tails seems to be the only one who understands how nerve-racking the situation is for me. "Ok Rookie," he says pleasantly. "Do you know why you were brought here?"
"IWasLateForAnnouncementsThisMorningAndSalutedWithTheWrongHandImSoSorryItWontHappenAgainSir!" I say hastily.
The Commander sits bolt upright. "What?" Sonic snickers. The Hero of Mobius, the Blue Blur himself, is laughing at me. I feel my face get hot with embarrassment.
The Commander shoots a glare at Sonic, and he stops. The echidna stood up. "It has nothing to do with that," he says. If he's good at one thing, it's voice projection, I think.
"Then... what? Um, Sir?"

Knuckles looks at the other two, who nod.
"As you know," he started, voice less stern, "Dr. 'Eggman' Robotnik has created a weapon. It took less than an hour for it to chew through the defenses at Green Hill. Its weakness is unknown, and as for strengths, we've only scratched the surface," He pauses for a moment to let it sink in. "We need all the help we can get, but it's gonna take more than an army to take him down,"
Sonic grins. "That's where you come in," Tails nods in agreement.
The Commander rolls his eyes. "YES. Anyway, me and these two have been watching a few individuals since they've arrived. You are one of them."

My heart skips a beat.
Knuckles continues.
"Rookie Wynstreak, you have been chosen to join Special Forces Team Alpha, Codename: Vindication, Objective: find the weapon and stop it,"
Oh. My. Sweet. Maria. I didn't know what that meant, but it sounded important.

"I can only promise one thing," Knuckles said.
We lock eyes for what feels like a long time.
"This will be anything but easy. In fact, you may actually get killed."
Gee, that's comforting. Sonic punches Knuckles in the arm as if to say "Really dude?"

"I wasn't finished!" The echidna snapped. He looks back at me. "But, the three of us are in agreement. We are confident in this choice. You have spirit; you're not one to quit easily. I can tell. And that," he says, looking out the window at the wrecked city. "Is what the world needs right now,"
Tails looked at me as well. "Rookie, We know you are perfect for this position. We leave our fate in your hands,"
Tails stood up and saluted, Sonic and The Commander did as well. I saluted back. "Th-thank you sirs! I won't let you down!" We all drop our salutes.
Knuckles glared at me. "I expect you to be ready to go at 6:30 AM the latest, got it?"
"Yissir,"
"Good. Dismissed."

I rushed down the stairs the next morning. The commander's gonna kill me!. A small squadron is already waiting for me, and the Commander doesn't look pleased. I stand at attention and salute with the wrong hand.
"Sorry I'm late, Sir!"
Knuckles growls. "Set your alarm, cadet! It's there for a reason!"
"Sorry, Sir! It screams at me, Sir!"
Commander sighed. "... We have a long way to go... Ok men! Let's get to work! We've gotta lot of ground to cover and a short time to do it. Let's move out!"
"Yes Sir!" We shout in unison.

And so, it begins.
Edited By Goldennautilusdreams on 12/13/2017 at 7:31 AM.
Awkwardmollusk
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/29/2017 at 1:35 PM Post #5
Canceled story
Edited By Goldennautilusdreams on 10/30/2017 at 11:18 AM.
Lilly3340
Level 60
Threads: 16
Posted: 11/2/2017 at 10:21 PM Post #6
*looks at title* 'Short stories'

*Enters and scrolls down*

I HAVE BEEN LIIEEED TOOO
Awkwardmollusk
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/2/2017 at 10:27 PM Post #7
OK ok... by short I meant shorter than most other stories on the site... besides, I had no details on forces when I was writing The Cadet. My excuse for destinies intertwined is the deep story of s3&k
Edited By Goldennautilusdreams on 11/2/2017 at 10:33 PM.
Lilly3340
Level 60
Threads: 16
Posted: 11/3/2017 at 1:18 AM Post #8
Just joking around =w=
Awkwardmollusk
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/13/2017 at 7:44 AM Post #9
From Nothing to Everything

Zero looked over his squad of former jackal mercenaries, 6 all together, 7 if you included Zero. They all had a look of worry in their eyes.
"What's the matter?" Zero asked.

Timothy, ever bold, spoke up. "I think yer bein' right stupid. You mighta s'well be dealin' with the devil, sidin' up with Eggman," Jennifer's expression darkened. "I agree with Tim. What were you thinking?"

Zero glanced at them. "He.... intreauged me. He and I have similar ideals,"

Stryker stamped his foot. "That's your excuse?! Is tyranny one of your ideals?!" He snapped, yellow eyes flashing with rage. Ish and Kage looked at eachother with a guilty look, and Snips was surprisingly quiet.

"No. Let's just say I believe the world needs some... remodeling." Zero replied smoothly.

The Jackal Squad glanced at eachother, But gave in. Zero's mind was made up, and there was no swaying him. The squad knew that much.

"Alright, then What's the target?" Jennifer asked.

"A temple in the forest. I have the coordinates here. If we start in an hour, we should arrive before sundown." Zero explained. "We're there for recon and supply gathering. Understood?" The six jackals nodded. "Good. Let's move,"

-------

"Boss!" Timothy cried. "We're under attack! Black hedgehog and he's shootin' laser-things!"
"Lasers...? What medication are you on?" Zero asked, confused.
"Boss, this is serious!" Timothy urged.
Zero unsheathed his blade. "Right. Let's see what all of the fuss is about,"

The two jackals ran outside, blades extended. Timothy was right; sure enough, the black hedgehog was hurling bolts of energy at the members of the squadron, who were struggling to dodge them. The hedgehog had a dark expression as he wordlessly battled on, even though he was outnumbered.

Zero advanced. To him, the newcomer seemed a worthy enough opponent. Zero addressed the stranger. "You there! Who dares challenge me?"

The stranger paused and locked eyes with Zero. "I am Shadow," he said in a cold voice that caused the other jackals to freeze.

"Fighting like you are is pointless. I've already taken out three of you. Better if the rest of you surrender," he gestured towards Ish, Kage, and Snips. They were on the lying ground, motionless. Zero couldn't tell if they were dead or not from where he was. He put on a poker face and forced himself to keep eye contact.

"Never." Zero said, voice intense.
Shadow sighed. "Have it your way,"
Zero smirked, reavealing a few sharp canines.
"Be it, I'll show you why they call me the Ultimate Mercenary,"
It should have scared him, but Shadow just scoffed.
"Please. I'd like to see you try,"
Zero growled at the challange and sprang, sword extended.

-------

How?! How did it happen so fast?!

The black hedgehog had taken out the remainder of the squad with mindblowing speed before Zero could even reach him, and when he did reach him, the jackal could hardly tell what was going on. He just remembered a blur, a sharp pain in his side (Which still hurt a great deal), and yelping a lot louder then he wished he had.

And now here he was.

Alone.

He hadn't bothered much with his fallen commpanions since Shadow left. It was already too late anyway. Zero just sat there, like, as Timothy would probably put it, a 'right distruaght puppy'. Zero sighed. What was he supposed to do now?

The worst part was Shadow's words before he left, which were still echoing through his mind.

Worthless. Never show your pathetiac face around me again.

Then his commmunicator started buzzing, and Zero remembered an offer Egman had made him. He had declined then, but now... He hesitantly answered.

"Doc?"
"Where are you?! Why haven't you called in yet?!" Eggman yelled.
"We ran into..." Zero hesitated. "Complications. Lost the squad,"
"Are the supplise secure?"
"Negative. We were attacked, by a Resistance member I assume,"
"Sonic?" It was more of a statement then a question.
"Negative, he was black with red stripes,"
"I see," Came Eggman's delayed response.
Zero huffed. Now or never.
"Doc?"
"What is it?" He sounded annoyed, but Zero continued anyway.
"Tell me again about those experiments you mentioned,"
There was a short silence, then finally a response.
"Come back to Arsenal Pyramid Base. I'll explain everything there,"

-----

"So, this Phantom Ruby... It can bend reality?" Zero asked, gazing at the ominus red gemstone with a look of interest.
Doc nodded once. "Correct,"
"And it will make me stronger?"
"In theroy, yes,"
Zero's ears perked up as Doc continued.
"If the proceedure is sucsessful, your power might even rival that of a Mobian in Super form. It will be fast and quite painless,"

Zero flicked his tail. Rival a Super? That was hard to believe, but with such power... he paused.
"What do you get from all of this?" He inquired, suspiciously.
"Simple. You take care of that plucky Resistance for me," Doc replied.
Easy enough. ,Zero nodded. "When do we begin?"

-----

Zero slowly opened his eyes. The space around him was a soothing cool, but he had a tight, warm feeling in his chest. He glanced around, curiously. How long had he been out?

He looked down at his chest, and that's when he saw it. A glowing red stone was there, partially hidden under his fur. It felt strange, but there was something else. Like switches that... did something, but he couldn't tell what.

Only one way to find out.

Zero jumpped to his feet with newfound vigor. His senses were sharper then they had ever been, and this new strength coursed through him. He focused souly on that strength, and the gemstone flashed.

Then something incredible happened.

His surroundings seemed to melt from metal walls and floors to clear skies and vast desert that stretched as far as the eye could see. Zero gasped in shock and wonder. "Did-- Did I just do that?!" He blinked and shook his head to make sure he wasn't dreaming. He opened his eyes again, and it was gone. Could he make it come back? He focused once more, and sure enough, it did.

"Astounding..."

-----

Zero picked up his blade, but paused. He though back to the mission from a few days back. Shadow had said he didn't ever want to see him again. The jackal grimaced. Maybe he wouldn't have too. He dropped his blade and walked out ot the room.

-----

A black jackal walked into the control room. Eggman figured it was Zero, only something was different about him. Wether it was a good or bad different, he couldn't tell. Either way...
"Are you ready Zero?"
The jackal raised a brow.
"Zero is gone. Call me Infinite,"

-----

Sonic sighed from his usual corner in the control room. Knuckles was pacing again. Not a very healthy habit for a commander.
"Dude, your making me dizzy just watching you. What is it this time?"
The echidna commander stopped abruptly. "Trouble in Eastern City, but all the troops are elsewhere,"
Sonic rolled his eyes. "Psh. I'll go,"
"But what if something big comes up??"
"I'll make it quick,"
"Are you sure?"
"Are you implying that I, Sonic the Hedgehog, am slow?"
Knuckles sighed in relief. "Where would we be without you?"
"Losing,"

Knuckles looked taken aback for a moment, but smiled.
"Alright, You have your orders, now get out of my sight," He said in mock annoyance.
Sonic pulled a mock salute in return. "Aye-aye, Knucklehead!"
"That's 'Yes Sir' to you,"
"Whatever, whatever, Mr. Bossy,"
"Haha.... Get out,"
"Okay! Yeesh..." with that, Sonic zipped towards the city.

The city where a certian jackal laid in wait.
Edited By Goldennautilusdreams on 10/1/2018 at 11:12 PM.
Eevee17
Level 51
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 26
Posted: 3/28/2018 at 4:39 PM Post #10
hurry up with From Nothing To Everything, it's so intense!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.