Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~Anxiety Club~
Page 41 1, 2, 3... 40, 41, 42... 161, 162, 163 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
UpsidedownSarah
Level 61
The Tender
Threads: 92
Posted: 3/19/2018 at 8:55 PM Post #401
I have to be honest, my adult kids had a number of things to forgive me for. I did the best I could with them, but the circumstances were difficult. I would advise you, if you want children, wait until you are stable enough to handle them well (and it takes a lot to raise a child, not just money but time, love, and more time and involvement). You're right, with God's help I have done a lot of things. I'm currently trying to recover from my fibromyalgia using brain retraining, and learning that many of the thought patterns I was raised with were pretty destructive. I will say though that having and raising children was a wonderful gift even though the circumstances were often difficult; if it hasn't been for my son, I wouldn't have made it into teaching. What I have learned from them and the beauty of those relationships is well worth all the time and effort and, quite honestly, pain.

Hope that's not too much info, but you seem like the kind of person who would be interested in another perspective.
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 14
Posted: 3/23/2018 at 8:29 AM Post #402
I am always interested to hear different perspective, you are right.

I don't plan to have children soon (not before a couple or years) as I have not finished my studies and have not the money for raising a family.
I am well aware that financial situation is not everything, and that love and time are important. I don't want children because society dictates I need to have children (I have been told that before, and it made me angry each time) but because I honestly love spending time with childen, I want to have my own, to be at their side and help them discovering the world. I don't have them yet, but I already know I want them to be happy, as seeing joy on their faces would make me happy too. Maybe it is an egotistical reason, but I believe it is far from the worst reason to decide to have children for the children themselves! And if sometimes it will be difficult, if sometime I will cry for them or because of them, I know all the loves and the memories we will build together are worth it. I want a carrier too, which can be seen as contradictory, but I don't want to abandon them for it anyway. If I have to travel for my job? They'll come with me. These are things I have already thought about. A lot. I know that the schools and education in my country are becoming worst and worst anyway. This already worries me. They don't exist yet, but I want to give them as much chances as possible in their life so they'll become able to decide for themselves what they will do and be able to make their own decisions.
I don't want to live my dreams even if I have children. I also want to include them in my dreams, and to build new ones with them.
I know what I am telling you here may seem weird, even insane, as I said, I won't have children before a couple of year, but I wanted to show that no, for me the most important to raise children is not money (of course money serves to buy things, to survive. It's a necessity. But having money should not mean you can have children. I know children of poor families who loves their parents and life more than people born in rich families). It is love, understanding, and wanting to give them a real place in your life.
Honestly what to told me does not discourage me but comfort me in my idea to have children, when I'll be ready on all levels.

I have things to forgive my parents for. I have done it (though I admit that I would have wanted them to recognize they have made some mistakes, and not only to say that they have tried to do the best). I am close to my family (especially on ly father side).
There is also something I never want to forget: what my own childhood was like. And I know that because I will never forget, I will listen to my children when they need to talk, have question, and I am ready to help them.
Galaxyrose
Level 66
Cutely Creative
Threads: 54
Posted: 3/24/2018 at 7:15 AM Post #403
Could you add me in?
I really need something like this, thank you <3

A little bit about me:
Feel free to call me Galaxy (or my common online pseudonym, which is Rose)

What I like: I like warrior cats, dragons, Sherlock, and I am a Lord of the Rings addict. Lotr will almost always make me feel better :3

I also love Music, it is my lifeblood, heh

I have mild depression and anxiety, and I've recently seen a psychologist for this. I am also currently suffering from severe bipolar disorder, and recently took a hiatus for this reason. Hopefully things will look up from here.

I am happy to be a therapist and will listen to any of you who need comforting <3

Some special tidbits, unrelated to anxiety:
I am a Christian, but recently I've been rather disconnected with god (If any of you can offer help with that, I will never thank you enough <3) I find it hard to express myself in real life and I hate telling others how I really feel.
Edited By Galaxyrose on 10/28/2018 at 11:49 PM.
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 14
Posted: 3/24/2018 at 7:40 AM Post #404
Everyone is welcome, feel free to rant to me if you need to.
I'm dealing with anxiety since more than 10 years, I know about it.
And if you need some distraction instead I can convince you that I much more addicted to LOTR than you are
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 3/24/2018 at 3:52 PM Post #405
Added and your welcome!!
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 3/24/2018 at 3:53 PM Post #406
Mhm would you be interested in being added to the therapist ping list?
UpsidedownSarah
Level 61
The Tender
Posted: 3/24/2018 at 10:11 PM Post #407
Welcome, Galaxy!
UpsidedownSarah
Level 61
The Tender
Posted: 3/24/2018 at 10:12 PM Post #408
Sure, that's fine.
Galaxyrose
Level 66
Cutely Creative
Posted: 3/25/2018 at 7:30 AM Post #409
Sure :)
Galaxyrose
Level 66
Cutely Creative
Posted: 3/25/2018 at 7:33 AM Post #410
Hello there Sarah! It is so nice to see you somewhere again :)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 40, 41, 42... 161, 162, 163
This Page loaded in 0.018 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.