Page 40 1, 2, 3... 39, 40, 41... 161, 162, 163 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
AuroWander
Level 74
The Hallowed
Threads: 16
Posted: 3/15/2018 at 6:56 PM Post #391
~~Rip double posted sorry
Edited By AuroWander on 3/15/2018 at 6:56 PM.
Sdog88
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 94
Posted: 3/16/2018 at 6:03 PM Post #392
Sure i wold love to tell about my self and get to know others better

foods i like:
mochi (japanese sweet)
eclair
soft pretzels - with cheese some times

What i don't like:

horror movies
jerks
self absorbed people
UpsidedownSarah
Level 61
The Tender
Threads: 92
Posted: 3/16/2018 at 11:01 PM Post #393
Hi, Id like to join
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 14
Posted: 3/17/2018 at 12:15 AM Post #394
Hi, I am Enyo!

And this is my official Presentation form!

Where should we begin? I never know how to introduce myself. This is the reason I have only filled my profile two weeks ago depsite the fact that I am on Sylestia since two years.

I am past twenty, I am studying archaeology at university, and I live in the east of France. You may be wondering why I am writing this post at this time since it is the middle of the night in Europe, but the answer is quite simple. I am a night owl.
I am a dreamer. I don't want to give up my dreams and abandon my beliefs, despite what people say.
I am very adventurous, but I live one of the most boring town in the world... I am a country girl stuck in a town, far away from any forest or mountain.
I am a shy girl, but once I have friends I trust, I love to hang out and even party with them.

What I like: Archaeology, Ancient History, Mythologies (I write the world in plural because I am interested by any existing mythology), legends, reading, writing, art, drawing, roleplaying, Cinema and movies, Astronomy, Nature and animals, Palaeontology (you know, the science about dinosaurs and other animals and plants that lived in the past. No, it's not boring!), cooking, traveling around the world and discovering new cultures. I like learning about creepy things like torture, poisons, diseases to freak out people, even if I am in reality very nice and kind hearted.
My favorite books are LOTR and other writing by Tolkien, Harry Potter, Narnia, the Vampire Chronicles, I am also into the Percy Jackson, the Kane Chronicles and Magnus Chase fandom, mostly because of my love for mythologies, Games of Thrones/ ASOIAF and I like both Star Trek and Star Wars, with a preference for Star Trek. My favorite genres are fantasy, sci-fi, historical.
I also like listening to music, almost any kind of music ranging from classical to hard rock / metal, to jazz, rock, international music and classic songs from my country. So, anything really, what I listen too depends mainly on my mood!

It would be too long for me to list every single things that I like... It would probably takes hours.

Yes, I probably sounds like a geek or a nerd. It's not my fault if I'm interested by almost everything!

What I dislike: I dislike broccoli, brussel sprouts and cauliflowers, I am allergic to them and they are evil. I hate bullies. I hate racism, xenophobia, homophobia and any kind of discriminations based on origins, looks, religions, sexuality. I hate people who destroys other dreams, even when it's not done on purpose. I can not tolerate injustice and inequality.

What problems I have experienced: I have social anxiety and depression due to a lot of things I have experienced during my life.
I am currently getting out from my depression. News I have heard yesterday makes me think I will finally be able to have a "normal life" (whatever having a normal life means for me anyway^^) again.

Other:

I have a pet ferret named Nessa.
I have an eidetic memory.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 3/18/2018 at 1:11 AM Post #395
Welcome to the club!!! If you want to be a therapist at any point just tell me! Also if you ever wanna talk to anyone the therapists are always open!! Ping me if you have any questions or want to talk~
UpsidedownSarah
Level 61
The Tender
Posted: 3/18/2018 at 2:02 AM Post #396
Thanks, Livi!
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 3/18/2018 at 2:06 AM Post #397
Mhm np!
UpsidedownSarah
Level 61
The Tender
Posted: 3/18/2018 at 7:57 PM Post #398
Posting a small introduction.

I am a woman of middle years who loves pet sites. I've been at Sylestia over 4 years, which is the longest I've been on any site. I used to be a teacher (and loved it, though it was a ton of hard work), but am disabled now, so I enjoy my games and projects and try to take care of my health and help other family members with theirs.

I am married to the love of my life and have two adult children (my daughter is the one who got me into pet sites about 9 1/2 years ago now). Just a few things hubby and I have done besides teaching: made jewelry, taught jewelry classes, trained his service dog (he did most of the hard work on that though), worshipped and served at our church, and finally, bred, showed, and judged pet rats (yes, there are rat shows for pet rats). My parents were dog breeders, and fostered in me an interest in genetics. I like Sylestia's system of genetics pretty well.

As to why I'm joining the group, it's very simple: I fight my anxiety every day, taking one day at a time with the help of God and my family and friends. I also deal with bipolar, high-functioning autism, and ADHD (yes, the inside of my mind is a busy, busy, /busy/ place!). I hope to both offer support and experience support from others. I also pray for people regularly, and will pray for this group every time I think of it. If any of you have a prayer request, feel free to PM me and I will pray.
UpsidedownSarah
Level 61
The Tender
Posted: 3/18/2018 at 7:58 PM Post #399
You sound like a fascinating person. Thanks for posting your intro!
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 14
Posted: 3/18/2018 at 9:49 PM Post #400
Thank you very much, I thing saying I sound fascinating is the best compliment you could have given to me.

I am also glad you wrote your introduction. You fight against disorders, and yet you have found the love of your life, you have kids, good friends. You don't give up. When I read wbqt you have written, it really gives me hope for the future.
(founding a family is something which is very important to me too, and I will do it some day. I don't even use "want" here, as it is not even imaginable for me to never have children).

I love genetics too, I find it is fascinating.
I wish to learn how to make jewelry to, though I think I live too far to attend one of your class!
You said you trained (or at least helped training) the utility dog for your husband, it sounds like a great things to do. My mother and her husband have lost their dogs two years ago, and say that they are not ready to take a new one yet, but I know that one year they would be and I would love to train a service dog for them, and with them (both suffer from physical disabilities, my mother due to an illness and her husband due to a car accident he had when he was young). Would you agree on giving me some tips?

In any case, you seem to a interesting and great life too, one for which it is worth fighting disorders for.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 39, 40, 41... 161, 162, 163
This Page loaded in 0.017 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.