Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Off-Topic Discussion > Story-Centered Patreon(18+ Users Only)
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Uchihariku
Level 60
Seashell Collector
Threads: 156
Posted: 9/11/2017 at 6:46 PM Post #1

Hey guys, I'm actually working on a story-based Patreon Page. I am pretty tired, from trying to get all kinda of advertisements for it out all over the place, so forgive me if I repeat things, or seem to some off a bit weird in how I'm talking...

I made it like... four months back, and I really like how reliable this thing is, even though I only have two patrons right now. I put a lot of effort into getting everything set up, and working on everything from adding a Discord, to a bunch of different available reward things for the different subscription levels.

I also started working on things like making banners for the non-story stuff, so its easy to tell between, the stories, and the updates.

All of it is really hard work, and between all that, I've been running myself so ragged, I haven't even had time to update new chapters--though I do plan to do more soon, once enough votes come in on who is reading what, so I know what ones to update more frequent--. But its still a struggle...

I have no idea how long its supposed to take to get this kinda thing up off the ground, and Patreon has since made it even harder to get myself up off my feet with it, since I set it to 18+, so I could have more maneuverability with my stories.

As someone who will be 30 starting the 29th of this month, and is already a rper, who is used to writing whatever, and not being hindered, I really dislike the idea of being chained down in my manner of writing stories.

I like being able to fluctuate, between normal, to dark, to normal, to maybe a bit darker, to normal, to maybe something more adult... depending on whats happening in the story. The idea of having how my characters talk, or act censored, just lacks any form of appeal, so even if it hinders me a little, I rather just keep it marked under 18+ for my own sake as a writer.

The best aspect about this whole matter is, I can flow at my own pace, with no deadlines. The only thing I feel strained, or concerned over, is if I'm posting them out fast enough for the readers, as I don't want to treat them with disrespect. I want to hear their opinions, and know what to do, when to do it, based off what they may be reading at the time, and how fast they expect it.

Granted... I'm only human, so I can't push them out like crazy, and creative writing is done at its own pace, but I still wanna keep up enough to make everyone happy.

Still, right now my main focus has been more on getting advertisement out, since the more people, the easier it will be for me to work, as I will not only have the funds to handle everyday life so I can afford bills, food, and medicine, but also the drive, and ability to see what people want much easier when I post out polls to ask questions. The more people are able to communicate with me, the easier it will make it on me.

I don't mind talking to people here, if they have any questions, or wanna make a comment about something, but I would also appreciate if you guys--ONLY IF YOU ARE 18 OR OLDER!-- could check out the link. Maybe its the chapters... maybe they just aren't pulling enough to make people wanna read more... any aspect of helpful critique on them could help, as well as if you yourself show disinterest, just passing the link to a friend is fine too.

I do hope you'll check it out, and I should mention, all Chapter One chapters are free, so don't worry about spending a dime to read those. I made sure all of them are that way, so they act as samplers for readers to get an idea of if theres a story they might want to keep reading. One-Shot stories are also free.

So please, tell me what you think, give me a bit of feed back, and maybe I can work on improving for future stories, or updated chapters.
Edited By Uchihariku on 9/11/2017 at 6:54 PM.
Draumrkopa
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 158
Posted: 9/15/2017 at 8:24 PM Post #2
I love to read! I will check this out later!
Uchihariku
Level 60
Seashell Collector
Posted: 9/15/2017 at 8:48 PM Post #3
Thank you very much! If you have any question, I am happy to answer~!
I actually just recently updated a link in to make a page, so the stories can be found easier, without massive scrolling~. Took me two days, but I'm happy~.
Uchihariku
Level 60
Seashell Collector
Posted: 10/6/2017 at 4:19 AM Post #4
I am still up for any questions, or conversation revolving around this, if anyone is interested.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.