Forum Index > News and Announcements > The Release of Astryl's Vale
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Lolidragon
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 21
Posted: 8/8/2013 at 2:17 AM Post #21
Haha, sounds pretty awesome. Looking forward to it.
With the group battles, I think it'd be cool for people to sign up and then randomly be put into teams so then we could all meet new people and people wouldn't be stuck without a group.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,141
Posted: 8/8/2013 at 3:40 AM Post #22
@Arwen,

Quote From:
Originally Posted: 9/20/2024 at 8:06:45pm

Is Astryl's Vale the region with the castle in it?

Yes.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 8/8/2013 at 3:41 AM Post #23
@Talyn,

Quote From:

Will the levels still scale when it's rerelease at the orchard?

No. Sweet Blossom Orchard is a level 55 zone.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 8/8/2013 at 3:47 AM Post #24
@Lolidragon,

Quote From:

With the group battles, I think it'd be cool for people to sign up and then randomly be put into teams so then we could all meet new people and people wouldn't be stuck without a group.

It won't quite work that way. However, all new zones will have a zone chat so all of the players in that zone can communicate with each other.

Atm, the idea is that there will be some type of announcement/notification that... Godzilla is rampaging Fungus Grove. You travel to Fungus Grove and then walk around until you find Godzilla. You enter into a battle against him and a slightly different UI loads where you can see all of the other participant's parties. It is also indicated who Godzilla is attacking so you know which pet is tanking.

Then, when determining your party's actions, you'll be able to interact w/ other player's pets. So if you have a healer and you want to heal the current tank, you can select that pet instead of being forced to target a pet only in your party. This way, all participants must use their pets to work together to defeat the world boss.

Turns will also be timed based like Final Fantasy. So basically, each turn will last like 30 seconds or so and then calculate. So you have 30 seconds to decide your pet's actions before the turn auto calculates itself.

That's the idea currently, at least.
Lolidragon
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 21
Posted: 8/8/2013 at 4:53 AM Post #25
Quote From:

@Lolidragon,

Quote From:

It won't quite work that way. However, all new zones will have a zone chat so all of the players in that zone can communicate with each other.

Atm, the idea is that there will be some type of announcement/notification that... Godzilla is rampaging Fungus Grove. You travel to Fungus Grove and then walk around until you find Godzilla. You enter into a battle against him and a slightly different UI loads where you can see all of the other participant's parties. It is also indicated who Godzilla is attacking so you know which pet is tanking.

Then, when determining your party's actions, you'll be able to interact w/ other player's pets. So if you have a healer and you want to heal the current tank, you can select that pet instead of being forced to target a pet only in your party. This way, all participants must use their pets to work together to defeat the world boss.

Turns will also be timed based like Final Fantasy. So basically, each turn will last like 30 seconds or so and then calculate. So you have 30 seconds to decide your pet's actions before the turn auto calculates itself.

Okay, that sounds much cooler than what I had in mind
Akatsuki
Level 45
Threads: 2
Posted: 8/8/2013 at 11:49 AM Post #26
I am so happy about the new release of Astryl's vale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited By 6828 on 8/8/2013 at 11:52 AM.
Flute
Level 70
Threads: 340
Posted: 8/8/2013 at 5:20 PM Post #27
Quote From:

Woaaah, that's some time-intensive syncing. xD
I wish the best for you, that sounds fun.
Also, I hope that you can work out some lag kinks. This sounds like this could be bad if there's like 100+ players taking part in battle.
Sangfleur
Level 40
Threads: 7
Posted: 8/8/2013 at 10:00 PM Post #28
Welp... I guess it's time for me to finish the Umbra levels, ja?

I'm SUPER excited to see what's in store for us! I'm really digging the multiplayer battles.

E: I just read the posts above mine. THIS IS AWESOME! I'm a HUGE FF player, so the idea of basing it off the gaming style of FF is boss!
Edited By 6415 on 8/8/2013 at 10:02 PM.
Talyn
Level 67
Trickster
Threads: 181
Posted: 8/9/2013 at 1:08 PM Post #29
Will there be another party unlock option when the Vale comes out? And I've been wondering, how would a 6 pet party work? Will there only be 3 active and 3 standby or all 6 active?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 8/9/2013 at 1:37 PM Post #30
@Talyn,

The next planned party increase will be in the 4th region.

However, with the combat redesign imminent, I am unsure of what the end result will be at this time.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.