Forum Index > Suggestion Box > On The Issue Of Releases
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Threads: 102
Posted: 8/21/2017 at 3:28 PM Post #1
What if we had a mechanic where every manually released pet gives the user one gold? It's small enough no one would use it as a mechanism to make money, but it more exists as a method to plant the idea of release as a positive thing - like positive/positive reinforcement? This would encourage the use of the release feature and perhaps players see it in a more positive light as well as stimulate the pet selling economy.

Or maybe if the message upon release had a "mediator" that accepted your pets into a a wild life reserve on Sylestia - a less cruel option to players unsettled by the idea of abandoning their pets. Just like an avatar that prompted you when manually releasing ensuring their well being.
Lostlupo
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 22
Posted: 8/27/2017 at 4:33 PM Post #2
I actually really like the second idea, of having an NPC to 'take in' released pets in a sanctuary of sorts. I remember on another game I played, when 'released' pets, they went to the 'Crazy Pet Fan'(it was named something particular to that sight and I don't want to advertise pfft-). You were assured that they would be well taken care of for the rest of their days. It made me feel less bad about releasing say, baby pets.
Sc0ut
Level 74
Fright Master
Threads: 81
Posted: 9/4/2017 at 9:26 PM Post #3
A game I play sometimes has an NPC account with unlimited space for animals, so if removed from your group, they can still live. Only, you can't get them back.
Snowcrystal
Level 61
Threads: 175
Posted: 9/4/2017 at 10:19 PM Post #4
I heard that some players release their pets then take them back when they need them again, what if there's a place for player that they can buy but only for maybe like 5,000 diamonds, so that it's private.

And for the wild life reserve thing maybe there's a place for pets that are really just abandoned and maybe other players to adopt them, and another place for pets that might get taken back, and when someone releases their pet they can choose either one.

Or maybe this idea is just really bad
Funnygirl317
Level 57
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 32
Posted: 10/24/2017 at 5:47 PM Post #5
I really like you and Snowcrystal's idea. I feel SOOOO bad when I have a Sylesti that is just taking up room in my stables. (No, no, not you, Phoenix. *I pat the Aurleon lovingly*).

It would make a lot more sense if they went to a Sylesti reserve, because, as mentioned, some people buy their pets back. This, as most of you know, is a roleplay site, and this would really make the release a lot less heart breaking, and would make more sense to take them back via fee.

I also really like the idea of possibly sending them into an "adoptables." I know I have tried to sell my Sylesti that I don't want, because I dread the idea of abandoning them in the wild. It's just as cruel as those people who desert their pets on the side of the road, leaving them to fend for themselves. I don't want to do this, even if they are just lines of code and coloured pixels. I just can't get this scene out of my mind:

"Come on, _____, follow me." I call to the Sylesti, and it follows, completely trusting me.

We travel for a long ways, through clearing and over small streams. We finally arrive at a forest, where I turn to the Sylesti, who is staring at me with a puzzled expression on it's face. It was as if it was asking me, "What in the world are we doing here?"

I look it straight in the eye, and it returns the gaze. My lip starts to quiver, but I take a deep breath, and embrace the Sylesti, and it lets out a soft, loving, content noise. I let go of my Sylesti and dig in my pocket. When I pull my hand out, I reveal a small, silver necklace, shaped in a glittering heart. It framed a picture of me and the Sylesti, both of us smiling with joy as we embrace.

I unravel the long silver chain and tie it to my pet's neck.

"I'm sorry." I whisper into the Sylesti's ear, "I know I haven't been feeding you like I should, I know you're starving." I glance at my pet's dull coat. "I just... I-" I choke on my words, feeling a sudden wave of emotion swamp me. "I know you'll find lots of food out here, a lot more than I can provide." I sigh, and me and my Sylesti walk towards the edge of the forest.

I step back and point towards the forest. "Go, please."

The Sylesti looks at me confused. I knew it couldn't have understood anything I said to it. Hopefully the necklace would remind it of how much I love it. I repeat the command a few more unsuccessful times. I sigh and reach in my pocket, taking out a large dog treat.

My Sylesti's eyes light up, it makes a delighted sound, wagging it's tail. I look one last time at my pet, and throw the treat as far a I can. Of course, the Sylesti dashes after it, making joyous sounds that echoed in the cool, crisp air.

I take one last heartbroken look into the forest, then I turn tail and dash through the grasslands, I splash trough puddles to try to hide my scent, though I half hoped that it wouldn't work.

I fall to my knees as I reach the edge of my village, my body heaving with sobs. I know the released Sylesti survival rates are not high. But there was still a chance...

A chance my friend will come back, someday.

I'm sorry, I love to roleplay, and that's seriously about the scene that goes through my head as I click the button. I would REEEEALLY love a Sylesti reserve. Thanks for reading!
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 10/25/2017 at 2:12 AM Post #6
Mhm that is a good idea. I think it would help people with it. I think it would also help with the people sending hates messages about releasing their pets
Shayni
Level 63
Trickster
Threads: 164
Posted: 10/25/2017 at 10:23 PM Post #7
Yes I've heard that someone has been harassing those kind people that release sylesties for those who cannot do it themselves... this would help
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 10/25/2017 at 10:59 PM Post #8
I've had multiple people rant at me for releasing their pets.
Shayni
Level 63
Trickster
Threads: 164
Posted: 10/25/2017 at 11:00 PM Post #9
That's terrible! It's not like buying then releasing is against rules...
Awkwardmollusk
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 10/26/2017 at 9:28 PM Post #10
I agree. I always feel bad when nobody buys my pets and I end up releasing them, but a sanctuary would be a comforting thought.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.