Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~~Releasers of Sylestia~~
Page 10 1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Asphodels
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 63
Posted: 11/8/2017 at 8:26 PM Post #91
To be honest, there's nothing we can really do but buy and release, but that itself has some problems.

People tend to send messages, harass people, (like how this thread had to be remade due to people posting in the middle of the reserves) and get really upset if this happens though. But thankfully, that does cause people to decide to price higher (though I did hear someone call this 'kidnapping and releasing' the other day). It's quite annoying, people call us 'stalkers and harassers' and then proceed to post on our other threads and give repeated angry messages. It's a little hypocritical.

I don't think something official can be done, since Krin takes a neutral stance on this all.

I really think that releasing is a far more effective strategy to raise prices (and make all of us in general rich) than the propagation of 1g sylestis, which is why I wrote the story in the front, to spread that awareness.

To be honest, I think it's less painful (if we're going to use our imagination) to be released into the wild than being bred every three days. Maybe I'll write something about that.... hmm, actually I will.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 11/8/2017 at 9:16 PM Post #92
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=50038&page=9#90
Author: Ashana
Time Posted: 11/8/2017 at 12:05 PM
So I wanted to talk a bit about Sylestia's overpopulation problem. Over the past day or so, since I decided to start releasing as many unwanted Sylesti's as I could. I've noticed things, things that I would consider ridiculous. I've released pages and pages of 1 gold Sylesti's in people's hatcheries and there's always more. I've seen hatcheries with more than 25 PAGES of Sylesti's, many of them bland and unappealing. Unwanted and unloved and I just wonder to myself, why? Why does this happen? What possesses people to breed so much? I could understand quite a few pages, especially if you were doing a breeding project, but this is too much.

I've been on Sylestia nearly 4 years and I've never breed or had that many pets. Right now I have 17 pets that i'm keeping, 17. 2 of those I caught in the past few days. I just can't fathom the ridiculous hoarding and excess, honestly. I'm sure some people like that, but.. I don't know. I mean there's like 2,300 Sylesti's alone that are for sale under 100 gold, the reason it's like this is because of that extreme over breeding and the tendency for people to "Just get rid" of their Sylesti's for almost nothing..

I feel like something official really needs to be done about this, I've only come back to Sylestia after a year+ hiatus (Mainly due to the same problems I'm stating now) and I'm still seeing the same stuff, you know? I love the game, but it totally has some problems right now. =/

First of all, welcome back to Sylestia. Glad to have you here.

Second, yes yes yes.
This is why we (releasers) exist.

I think a lot of the breeding comes from two main things: curiosity and emotional attachment. I'm not going to say gold making because if anyone thinks they will make a moderate amount of gold by selling ugly pets for 1 gold there are some problems going on in that there noggin. It can't be that.

Curiosity... People like surprises and seeing what they get out of a pair. Some users don't fully understand how breeding works, and instead of.. looking up guides? Googling "punnett squares"?.. they choose to breed and learn (not really) that way.

And this is where emotional attachment comes in... SO now that you've bred 1000 offspring from your favourite pairs out of curiosity... what are you going to do with them? You are too emotionally attached to the parents or maybe even the offspring themselves to release. OR you don't fully understand the benefits of releasing and feel terrible for doing it. So you don't. You know they won't sell because you don't think the pet is beautiful so you figure 1 gold should place it in a good home. No. They sit there because when you sell pets you are selling a stable space and food, which costs the buyer. You're selling the idea that the buyer will need to dole out more money every day to feed it. The pet better be worth it, but those ugly 1 gold son-of-a-guns aren't worth it, plain and simple.

I really hope that some kind of system is put into place so that we can either dispose of fail offspring easier or maybe there needs to be a breeding restriction. The site will be re-developed and I think that would be a great time for Krin to think about it. I remember there being talk of buying hatchery pages, similar to stables. That is totally an option in my opinion. This is coming from someone who has had 40+ breeding projects going at the same time. I breed pets A LOT, the difference is is I release the fails...
Edited By Fox on 11/8/2017 at 9:18 PM.
Tori
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 30
Posted: 12/7/2017 at 2:05 PM Post #93

Hello Releasers!

Got another 1k up on my release tally!

So close to hitting that 20k. x}

I also happened to come across and release a pretty good Neph this run.

The green on the wing is a little off, but otherwise the colours were striking. really stood out to me in the dishwater masses.
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 48
Posted: 12/9/2017 at 6:42 PM Post #94
I saw your club and decided to check how many I've released. Over 1,200! Lol.

While I don't really bother with buying other people's pets just to release, I do send many of my own off into the wild. :D So maybe an honorary member then?
Elii
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 328
Posted: 12/17/2017 at 3:54 AM Post #95
Username: Skyfallthesaberwolf
User ID: 91094
Thoughts on releasing: It's sometimes the best thing for pets. I just went on a big releasing spree, and currently am holding 8 pets that will be released as adolescents. It was tough at first, but now i see it as a gift to all pets, for they are returned to where they belong.
Amount of pets released: 332 (soon will be 340)
Asphodels
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 12/19/2017 at 2:15 AM Post #96
Sorry for the late response!

@Malikas
Sure, that works with me (though many members have the same attitude)

@Skyfallthesaberwolf
Accepted. Welcome!
Elii
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 328
Posted: 12/19/2017 at 2:18 AM Post #97
*is about to burn through 109 in gold to release the 1g pets*

spend most of my money buying and releasing. bleg.
Lokiarti
Level 61
Threads: 107
Posted: 12/23/2017 at 8:01 AM Post #98
hello! I'd like to join if possible please~

Username: Lokiarti
User ID: 53487
Thoughts on releasing: releasing pets is necessary in my opinion, and I see nothing bad/wrong about it. you're not doing anything harmful to the pet you're releasing. you're setting it free, and I think it's the right thing to do with an unwanted pet - instead of keeping it and paying no attention to it. seeing all those poor starving souls in people's stables makes me sad, to be honest. let them go! >w<
Amount of pets released: 12,961
Chills
Level 67
Fancy Pants
Threads: 190
Posted: 1/7/2018 at 6:25 PM Post #99
Username: ivyfrost
User ID: 73295
Thoughts on releasing: I don't really get what the big fuss is about on releasing, people set it up to get rid of it, well... I got rid of it for you didn't I? xD
Amount of pets released: 630
Asphodels
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 1/8/2018 at 8:35 PM Post #100
Sorry for replying late, I almost forgot about this, accepted
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.