Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Proficiency Points
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Threads: 74
Posted: 7/20/2017 at 7:37 PM Post #1
Ok..I have a rather "newbie-ish" question regarding proficiency points.

Now..for example, on one pet "Dio" , it is at level 60 and its base stat for strength (without the armor and points) at 90, right?

So I thought that at level 60,each point-at that level- would increase its strength by 430 but apparently all three points, if used at level 60 add up to a total of 430...am I right on that?

Am I also correct in assuming that I am not gaining anything by waiting until it is at level 60 to use all 3 proficiency points?

Basically I thought that if each point would increase my pets strength stat by 430 but apparently it doesn't so even now that it is equipped I wonder if I did wrong by waiting instead of using the points as they were attained.

In short, if one pet is at level 60..how much does each point actually increase my pets strength proficiency?

Am I better off just using the point right away after getting it?

The tutorial doesn't specify how much EACH point will increase really because even if point one is 191, the second is 287 and the third is 430 then even without armor the strength should be 908....I just don't know...

Edited:

Ok..here is what I did..I reset Dio's stats https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=1098708, it is unarmored.

Now, it has a base strength stat at level 60 of 90, right? So I spent one point on strength and as I suspected, it increased by 191 points, making it a predictable 281, so I spent another point but now it has only increased a measly 96 points. Why is that? Shouldn't it be at least 472 or thereabouts?? Without the armor?
Edited By LonelyRyu on 7/20/2017 at 8:35 PM.
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Posted: 7/21/2017 at 7:08 AM Post #2
No one knows? Hmmm..odd.
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 36
Posted: 7/21/2017 at 7:39 AM Post #3
The issue is really how it's worded. The increase in a stat for each point isn't cumulative, it's the total it's going to add.
For example:
-Point one adds a total of 191
-Point two then says it adds 287. That means you will get a total of 287, NOT 287 on top of the 191. So, point two actually gives you 96 points (since point one gave you the 191 of the 287)
-Point three then gives a total of 430, which means it actually gives 287 points on top of point two in order to get you up to 430.

This was how the original proficiency points were worded (with similar confusion). :-P

Hope that makes sense.
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Posted: 7/21/2017 at 8:08 AM Post #4
Odd.
So, correct me if I am wrong but if I waste a point on a level 0 pet I only get a measly 20 on the Int/Strength, Dexterity or Agility but if I wait until it is at max level then the initial increase for the afore mentioned stats is greater.

It seems the additional points are almost worthless then if the increase is so meager.
If the wording is that misleading then it needs to be changed so one doesn't think that their pet should have 900 points in one stat (save for the health).
Thanks.
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 7/21/2017 at 8:25 AM Post #5
I'm not sure how you are seeing them as being wasted. At max level you will have 430 points added to your stat. It doesn't matter when you added the previous points.

Now on the early points I'm not sure if those increase as you level or not (i.e a level 0 pet gets an initial 20 to a stat, but that increases to 191 at max level). I've never really paid attention to it, since I'm not a big fighter, but I would think that would be how it worked.
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Posted: 7/21/2017 at 9:30 AM Post #6
I call it "wasted" because, for the most part, if you use a point right away (at level 0) for most stats (except health) the increase is only 20 points or so where as at a higher level the increase is greater.

Still it seems like one is no better off with the new system than they were before.

So in the end you would still have to rely on armor and accessories to get most stats above 715 or thereabouts.
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 7/21/2017 at 9:49 AM Post #7
Well, it makes sense that at a lower level you'd initially get less points, but as you level the point increase also increases. I don't believe it's a one shot you only get the points to a stat when you initially add the proficiency points, so no it would not be a waste to add a point earlier. I believe those point increase as you level no matter when you add the proficiency point (as long as you've added it). So, if you add a proficiency point to a level 0 pet, it will have the same amount added to it's stat at level 50 as one that you waited until 50 to add that one point. Again, I haven't tested this, but it makes the most sense.

As for it being better than the old system, I haven't notice any difference but I'm also using max stat pets to fight. I believe the main reason for changing the system was to simplify it and make it easier for Krin to make adjustments in the future. I actually preferred the old system in that I had more points to play around with. I felt like I was doing more even if in reality it was basically the same. :-P

As for truly buffing up a pet, it's always been about the gear and I doubt that will ever change.
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Posted: 7/21/2017 at 11:12 AM Post #8
Yeah, I suppose.

I would like to see the wording changed a bit so people don't come to the wrong conclusion like I did.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.