Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 6/25/2017 at 1:07 PM Post #1
Death of a Dreamer
(Click the names to see what the characters look like)
Chapter 1-5 Characters
Vera-A Lupora who was different
Amarok-The alpha male of the Mountain Tribe.
Madam Meridian-A pampered Puffadore
Pyrex-Vera's Older brother
Hydrangea- A Lupora from the Forest Tribe
Vayla-A Scruffy Stray Puffadore
Hailey-Vera and Pyrex's Mother
Thunder- vera and Pyrex's father

Prologue
The snow swirled furiously on the mountain. The winds were howling and the sky a stormy horror. However deep in the mountain tribe, the storm is hardly noticed. For a little pup is being born. The pack is restless as they wait for the birthing to be over. it had never taken this long before. Then suddenly a single howl rips through the sound of the storm. "My little one.." the Lupora sighed. Another one walked In "Are you okay Hailey? Is the pup okay?" Hailey smiles and beckons the lupora closer "She's fine. Come look at our daughter Thunder!" Thunder steps closer and he immediately softens. "I-I have a daughter..." "Mom, dad? Can i come in?" A voice issues from outside the den. "Of course son, Come, meet your new baby sister." Thunder replies. the Lupora steps into the den and joins his family "What's her name" He asks gently. Thunder looks to Hailey and she thinks for a moment before replying with "Vera" The males smile and Thunder rumbles "Vera, The Dreamer?" Hailey nods and sets her head on her paws "It's perfect mom." she mumbles drowsily. "Come son, let your mother rest." Thunder ushers the young Lupora out.
Edited By Grapejuice on 7/3/2017 at 5:02 PM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/25/2017 at 1:45 PM Post #2
Chapter 1
Vera stepped into camp she hadn't managed to catch anything. again. She didn't know why but she never was a great hunter or fighter for that matter. Her packmates didn't say it right out to her face but she knew that they thought she was too dreamy. She never paid attention during meetings always staring off into the unknown.

Maybe her parents were right to name her "The Dreamer" because that's the only thing she seemed to be good at. Her brother Pyrex told her otherwise but she knew it was the truth. not that she had a problem with it. She always dreamed of far off places and a happy family.

However ever since the death of her father that dream seemed to fade away. Her mother wasn't the same, especially since Amarok rose as the alpha male in place of Thunder. Since her mom was still alive she stayed as female alpha, but now Amarok was the male alpha.

She was greeted with her brother Pyrex who smiled and came bounding over. "There you are! Come on there's going to be a big announcement." she nodded and bounded after him towards great rock. The pack gathered there and watched as Amarok followed dutifully by Hailey leaped up the rock.

The pack gathered and took their rightful places. Pyrex as the beta wolf sat down at the bottom of the rock.Vera knew she should join him (as the female beta) but decided that for today she wouldn't. However, she couldn't help but notice that Amarok's lip curled a bit at the sight of Pyrex sitting there. she frowned, why would he care?

She didn't have time to dwell on the thought for at that moment Amarok began to talk "I am here to tell you of great news! Hailey is expecting my pups!" The pack howled with delight, though Vera couldn't help but notice how her mother wasn't smiling nor did she look happy about this at all.

"There is another task I must perform, however. I promise you this brings me no joy." the pack settled and frowned what could it be. whispers swept through them like a wildfire. Vera had to admit she was a bit curious herself! she looked to Pyrex, he shook his head. looks like he didn't know either.

Amarok turned his cold eyes on her and she began to shiver. suddenly images flashed before her eyes. she couldn't make sense of any of them, she saw a war, bodies scattered across a bloody battlefield. she shook her head and the images were gone, Amarok raised his voice and the whispers stopped

"There is one among us who does not belong, they can't hunt well, and they can't defend our pack. Lupora's who can't help the pack thrive must leave it! and that is why I must ask Vera to leave.Now" there was silence Then a growl issued from Pyrex and Hailey.

Hailey turned to Amarok and screamed at him "How dare you! She is my daughter, what could she possibly have done to-" her sentence was cut off as Amarok had slashed his forepaw against her cheek a cut appeared.

Hailey looked at him in shock. the pack looked at the exchange with surprise. "Don't you dare question your alpha!" he growled then turned to Vera "Leave! We can't have someone who doesn't contribute to the pack! Especially in the cold season."

Vera felt numb, this couldn't be happening, no this was her home. where would she go? how would she survive? She turned to her packmates but they didn't say a word Vera knew they wouldn't dare disobey their Alpha.

She began to shake but suddenly felt a warm pelt press against hers, she looked up to see the warm eyes of Pyrex. He smiled reassuringly at her then turned to Amarok "if she leaves I leave. I will not let you chase out my sister alone." he declared, the pack howled and growled with confusion.

what was happening? Vera heard some say. She turned to Amarok and was surprised to see that he seemed happy at the fact that she and her brother were leaving, then it hit her. they weren't his pups. They were born of Thunder and Hailey. They weren't his bloodline.

She felt a growl rise up in her throat but Pyrex shook his head "Don't, we will get him for this but now is not the time. believe me." Vera took a deep breath. He was right. she held her head up high and with Pyrex turned and walked out of the camp, however as she left she felt a small cracking her chest, tears filled her eyes, making her vision blurry but she blinked them away. It was weak to cry.

Pyrex kept his head high too, but she knew him well enough to see the sag of his shoulders and the slight droop of his ears. he had never wanted to leave the pack, he was popular and a good hunter. he was well respected. He left everything for me she thought.

That thought brought shame and gratitude crashing down on her. "Come on We need to clear the pack borders by sundown." his voice broke her train of thought, and she looked up to see that the sun was starting to set already. she yelped and hurried to catch up with him.

As their silhouettes framed the mountain she couldn't help but think that maybe those dreams of adventure and something bigger than this might just be coming to reality, and maybe she wasn't ready.
Edited By Grapejuice on 6/25/2017 at 1:45 PM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/25/2017 at 3:24 PM Post #3
Chapter 2
Coming soon
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/25/2017 at 4:07 PM Post #4
Chapter 2
Coming soon

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.