Forum Index > Suggestion Box > A More Biome-Friendly Scavenger Hunt
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 253
Posted: 5/24/2017 at 11:15 AM Post #1
So, that outdoor scavenger hunt seems like a cool, fun idea. It seems like something to get us out of the house, y'know? It would be nice if I could actually find most of the stuff on it... But, you see, I live in a desert state. Do you know how hard it is to find most of those things in a desert? Running water? Red leaves? Different colored flowers?

I mean, I love to participate in as many contests as I can, but Krin, you and Fai didn't make this one very friendly to different biomes... It's extremely biased, in fact. I have bubbled and boiled in rage over this absolute prejudice against where I live. I can't just get up and move, or spend hundreds of dollars on a spontaneous trip to another state so I can complete this darn hunt.

There's no use yelling at you guys about it, I know. You can't change the hunt right now, so I am going to simply suggest that, in the future, you guys either:

1. Don't do any more outdoor scavenger hunts
2. Make separate lists for different biomes
3. Add more options that are more friendly to different biomes

I know you guys didn't see this problem occurring. You guys likely live somewhere where you can look outside and see lots of green and pink and red and yellow. Us in desert states look out and see brown, beige, dull yellow, and sometimes, sickly green.

I really suggest that, if you guys choose to do this particular type of contest again in the future, to please, please consider the people who can't glance out their window and see beautiful nature. Otherwise, it's just downright unfair, because I believe that everyone should be given a chance to participate in the events without going hundreds of miles away or spending a ton of money.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 5/24/2017 at 12:38 PM Post #2
I understand your concern and apologize for any frustration caused.

I think most of the issue is that we try to make the scavenger hunt unique and new each year instead of just using the exact same tasks as the previous years (because then people could just repeat what they did the previous year and it'd be like a chore at that point, which wouldn't be very fun). And it definitely was hard to come up with new ideas this time around and we were also rushing to get it posted since the Festival had already begun.

That, and also just not thinking about those who live in desert locations.

We will try to be more mindful in the future.
Snowcrystal
Level 61
Threads: 175
Posted: 5/25/2017 at 7:30 AM Post #3
i agree with this since i live in the city and it's pretty hard to look for something furry, different flowers, an animal swimming in the water (The lake is so polluted i doubt that any creature would swim in there) and a few other things
Elise
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 99
Posted: 6/22/2017 at 11:49 AM Post #4
I'll add my own issue to the mix... I live in northwestern Quebec, Canada. The Spring hunts are impossible for me because during spring festivals, over here we still have 2-3 feet of snow on the ground...

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.