Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > themed pets
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Snowcrystal
Level 61
Threads: 175
Posted: 5/16/2017 at 9:14 PM Post #1
so i wanted to edit the sylestia species pages and put in the themed pets, but i have no idea what they actually look like. any help?
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 5/16/2017 at 9:19 PM Post #2
Sure thing! So There are different kinds of themes and for each species it's different. Each theme has a general color theme but there are color swings so it's hard to say. However a Theme normally has a certain set of traits that help create the theme. most importantly the real way to tell if a pet is themed is it'll have in purple writing the theme of the pet on it's page.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 5/16/2017 at 9:53 PM Post #3
I feel like the phrasing 'a certain set of traits' is an awkward way to say it when 'traits' is also a term used for genes/mutations, but anyhow. (maybe it's just weird to us because we use the term 'trait sets' to refer to groups of associated genes/muts like the restricted traits)

While I'm not sure what 'the sylestia species pages' are, the way to know what any given theme looks like (excluding the pre-tagged ones, which you can probably find out about by asking around. I think there might be a thread dedicated to at least some of them somewhere) is via the Advanced Search.
Just... select the species, select the theme, and search.
The colour swing on themes is typically minimally varying from the 'core' colour set, with some... Weird exceptions occasionally (mostly ones from early use of the tags, I think*)

All first gen themes (again excluding the pre-tags) have the purple theme tag stating the name of their theme

(*star example of 'weird exceptions' is the complete aberration that is
the Sweet Pumpkin Faelora called Azule:
as compared to any of the others:
I have frankly no idea what could have caused that- he isn't dyed, he is tagged, he shares zero percent of his colours with the others of the theme)
Edited By Scathreoite on 5/16/2017 at 9:54 PM.
Snowcrystal
Level 61
Threads: 175
Posted: 5/16/2017 at 10:00 PM Post #4
actually im asking if that there is a list of all the themed sylestis and the pic, since usually the ones that people have isn't the exact same colors/traits
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 5/16/2017 at 11:50 PM Post #5
@Scathreoite,
He could have been dyed before the dye tag was put in place. It was the reason why the dye tag was added in the first place. There was a controversy about whether tagged themed pets should be allowed to be dyed or not, since there were some tagged that were dyed, and some users bred to them and sold the offsprings as purebred, upsetting those who were doing projects on them.

So the admins added the tag, but those who were already dyed before the tag didn't get it because they can't really track who have been dyed before.

@Snowcrystal,
This is the closest thing you want: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=29574
I think the list is not complete yet though.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.