Players 2,351 354
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,259,683 2,759
Generated 656,461 10
Captured 1,191,100 33
Bred 6,412,027 2,716
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Contest: Find a name for my real life pe...
Page 2 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 14
Posted: 4/25/2017 at 1:30 PM Post #11
Greenmamba

I really like Nero (especially if the ferret is dark, for the play with the emperor's name and the italian word for black), and Neville, add those two to the list.
Nicholas (written Nicolas) is too common as a personnal name here, I know at least 5, so I can't really imagine calling my pet
Napoleon, feet my criterias, but for personal reason is a name I can't give to any of my pets.(or only if it's a pig, because it's still forbidden by the law to give this name to a pig and it would make me a rebel!) It has a nationalist connotation I don't like.
Narcissus, I'll think about it.
For a female, I really like Nala, but due to the Lion King I prefer it for a cat.
Natasha I see it more as a human name only, and Nancy here is a city before everything else (and for personal reason again I don't want to give the name of this city to one of my pet) otherway I would have liked it.

Thanks for your suggestions! :)
Edited By Enyo on 4/25/2017 at 1:34 PM.
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Posted: 5/2/2017 at 7:28 PM Post #12
Ohhh I didn't see you had updated your list, I'm sorry and thank you :)
(If you or someone else do that in the future, please add a message at the end to ping me please, like that I don't miss it :) )

Your list is soooo long, I won't comment all the new names independantely, I will only make comments for some of them and tell which names i keep.

Nabouchodonosor / Nebuchadnezzar (well, the form we use here in my country, Nabuchodonosor) is the name my father want me to give it to my furry if it's a male XD ^^ He really insists on it, I don't know if he's serious or if he does it for fun (I think it's a little bit of both, and that he likes this name so much because it's a really strong name he finds kind of funny on a pet). I like the reference, but I find it too long.

Nahia / Naia (more probably with the writing Naia)

There are a lot of the Arabic names you've listed I love, (Naim, Naima, Nadira) but who are borne by a lot of people here, and due the unfortunate anti-arabic racist climate here, and tensions between the muslim community and the growing racist patI don't know how it could be taken if I gave a quite common arabic name to a pet :/ I'll rather avoid it, because I don't want it to be taken wrongly by anyone.
I still keep Naila among them, it's not quite common as a name, there are a few different writing and different possible origins, so I think this name would not be as problematic as some other ones, and I love it.

Naira

Nala for a male (I like it, though it sounds very feminine in my country)

Nalani

Nalini

Naiana / Nayana Yes, I like it a lot.

I will considerNanda for a male, as well as Nandina for a female, first time i'm hearing (well, reading) these names.

I like Naoisea lot, though nobody here would know how to prononce it... It's the same for most irish names you've suggested :/ People from my country complain when their names are mispronounced by people from other countries, but a very few of these same people even TRY to pronounce foreign names correctly x)

Narcissa / Narcisse / Narcissus I'm still considering them, don't know if I like them or not.

Narelle I didn't know this name, I like it, and it has a quite intriguing history!

Nari

Narses Yes, good Idea for a male. I know the historical character, but I haven't thought about this name yet

Nana and Nada are used as words and expression (Nana meaning "girl", and "Nada" meaning nothing). I may have like them otherway (especially Nanna written like this, which would have the same pronunciation here). I like Nana / Nanna etc... only as a nickname.
Naomi is a common firstname, so no even if I like it.
Dragonnadder
Level 71
Nature Walker
Threads: 32
Posted: 5/2/2017 at 8:18 PM Post #13
Nalakai is one of my suggestions. I'll add more later.
There's no real reasoning behind Nalakai; it's just a cool name imo.
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Posted: 5/2/2017 at 8:46 PM Post #14
Haha, I didn't say everybody has to have a reason for suggesting a name :)
But some made me learn or remember very interesting stuffs by doing it, so I'm very thankfull to them for explaining their reasoning to me!
Though all the discoveries they made me do do not equal the song about the video for world peace with swedish fika i've just discovered thanks to you
Cool and unique names can be great too :)
I'll consider Nalakai :)
(It's weird, the sounds of this name seem vaguely familiar, but I don't know why)
Edited By Enyo on 5/2/2017 at 8:47 PM.
Ducksquared
Level 60
Threads: 5
Posted: 5/2/2017 at 9:21 PM Post #15
Naga - a mythical snake woman
Nadia
Nadir(masculine)/Nadira(Feminine) - Rare in Arabic
Nadra - Radience
Neinia - Roman goddess of Funerals
Nevo - Idk, it's just cool
Nagendra - Lord of snakes (Honestly I think ferrets are fuzzy snakes which is why there's a few snake names)
Nahia- Desire
Nalani - the heavens
Nalini - Lotus
Nanako - Vetable greens and child
Nanami - Seven beautiful seas
Nani - Beauty Glory
Naoko - straight child
Necromancer (Necro for short) - A dark mage
Nari - Lilly
Niraptor - A type of snek
Nep - Shorten term for Neptune
Namaqua - another snek
Nashwa - no definition
Nasrin - wild rose
Negret - Little people who turn into coins
Ngen - Water spirit
Nikusui - A spirit that eats fleash
Nix - Female water spirit
Nian- Preditory animal
Nicobar - another snek
Nilgiri - ^
Natsuki - Summer Hope
Nava - beatiful
Naz - Coy
Niogogger - Dragon
Nichell - Snek
Nobusuma - Monstrous wall/ a monstrous flying squirrel
Nisse - House spirit
Naziha - honest, virtous
Napaeae (Nap for short) - Grotto Nymph
Noctus - Final Fantasy 15 main character
Neasa - Gentle
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Posted: 5/2/2017 at 10:35 PM Post #16
Some have already been suggested, I already have Neasa / Nessa on my list, and also Naenia, Nalani, Nalini, Nari :)

Your view on ferrets is interresting =), though I hope it comes from someone who like snakes ;) (And not from someone who doesn't like them like my father... I wish that he, who's afraid by snakes and doesn't like them never read your post, or he may finds similarities between them too and become afraid of my furry too :p) And I find this idea to be quite original. I'll think about those you suggested, but I think they sound... I don't know, scientific? Niraptor would make my father call him Velociraptor. Nichell, and Namaqua are not bad...

It also immediately made me think of a name you haven't suggested, this of the genus Naja (though I think t comes from Naga, so...). And also of Nagini from Harry Potter, which is a real feminine form of Naga, I didn't know that.

The names I may retain are

Naga
Nagendra
Nevo
Nian
Nava
Nix

I could also consider Nasrin, I like the meaning.

I quite like the nickname Nep, it could make me consider Neptune a little bit more...

My father would love the idea of Necromancer, i think :p He may have even suggested it, when he suggested a lot of (mainly weird and long) names to me.

Do you know the pronunciation of Nisse? Is it more like Niss-uh or Niss-eh? I don't know the pronunciation of nordic tongues very well. I tried to find it on the internet, and it was something in between, somethinh which sound quite soft and which I like, but which I also think most people in my country can't pronounce.

Noctus is not bad, but I've never played Final Fantasy 15, and it would feel weird giving a name from which I don't know the reference. Though it also could mean "night"
Edited By Enyo on 5/2/2017 at 10:36 PM.
Ducksquared
Level 60
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 12:26 AM Post #17
I love all animals, snakes included. So my view isn't a negative (I low key want to move states so I can buy a ferret when I'm older)

Nisse is pronounced Nis-seh (quick search on the website I found it on showed the truth.) While Noctis seems to bring up quite a bit of space definitions so I would say it's related to that.
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 1:06 AM Post #18
Oh, let me guess, you're from California? ;) (I understand the law of this state for animals that are wild where they come from, but ferrets are domesticated since a few thousands years, and have anatomical differences from its closest wild relative to prove it, such as pigs have from wild boars, domesticated rabbits from wild rabbits, etc ...)
I love all animals, and snake as well... (Or at least I find all animals interesting... I can't say I love spiders and arachnids for example since I have arachnophobia, but I still find them interesting)

I like Nisse too then =)
(The language closest from the nordic languages I know is german, and in german, the ending would have been a quick -uh, so something like "nees-suh.", which I would have like less)

Yes, for Noctus, it was not a question, it means night in latin just like Nox (you still find that root in the word nocturnal, for exemple)

Thanks for your research =)
Ducksquared
Level 60
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 1:12 AM Post #19
Actually I'm from Australia. There is a committee in my state that were fighting for the legalisation of ferrets, not sure if they're still around. But I can always move to another state, though that state I have in mind is more expensive than where I live. We can have all animals, I believe, but if I want rabbits or ferrets I'll need to move.
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 1:25 AM Post #20
Wow, I didn't know you have the same kind of laws in Australia! (I guess it makes sense as well, since I've heard animals imported from Europe are destroying the ecosystem in some part of it)
Here we can own only the most common type of pets (but that include ferrets). If we want other animals, (even some dog breeds considered as dangerous), we need a specific permit
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.