Players 2,351 354
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,259,683 2,759
Generated 656,461 10
Captured 1,191,100 33
Bred 6,412,027 2,716
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Contest: Find a name for my real life pe...
Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 14
Posted: 4/24/2017 at 4:20 PM Post #1
I already made a thread like than on another game (Chickensmoothie) but not a lot of people there seem to be inspired, so I decided to make a contest here as well!

I'm adopting a ferret soon, and I'm looking for names ideas.

There is only one rule: the name MUST begin with the letter N. In my country, each year the names of animals inscribed in the book of controlled origins must begin by a specific letter. In 2017, this letter is N. (In the case where my ferret's name is not inscribed in the book of controlled origin, the name can begin by any letter I want, but then it'll be really easy for me to find a name I like and I don't need Ideas of names beginning by other letters).

You can propose as many names as you want.

My ferret will probably be a female (some people in my family are allergic to some male animals when they're rutting, it's not sure they'll have that with ferrets, but better be safe than sorry)... But I have way more ideas of names beginning by name for a female (the name's almost already chosen, in fact, but it still can change my mind if someone suggest me a wonderful name), while I don't have ANY idea of good names for a male, so, even if this can be seen as being contradictory since I said I'll probably get a female, I'm looking for suggestion of good male names too!

I love names inspirated by Mythology, Books and History. I'm not a fan of food inspirated names.
I'll edit this subject regularly to add the list of the names I like among your suggestions, so you'll have a better idea of my tastes. I'm volontarily not telling the name I'm currently envisaging fo a ferret, like that if someone find it this player can be considered as winner, but you can look at the names of my sylestis if you want to know a little bit more on my tastes right now.

The winner (the one who will suggest the name I'll give to my furry) will get a purebred Sweet Treat Luffox offspring, and an offspring of one my puff pairs.
If there is no winner and don't give any of the names you suggest to my furry, I still will give a free offspring of one my pairs to two players, the one who suggested the name I like the best for a female and the one who suggested the name I like the best for a male.

I thank all of you who will take the time to help me find the right name for my furry!

The list of my current favorites names among your suggestions (by alphabetical order, not by order of preference)

Naia / Nahia
Nanaya / Nanaia
Nefertiti
Nemesis
Nerio
Nessa / Neasa
Ness / Neas
Nixi / Nixie
Nox
Nympadora
Nyx

Narses
Nero
Neville

Other names I like (those I like, but not enough to give them, those I love but can't give, and those I'm currently considering and may be added to the main list)

Naila
Nala
Naenia/Nenia
Naoise (same as Niamh, unpronounceable here)
Nalani
Nalini
Narelle
Narcissa
Nelda
Niamh (unfortunately unpronounceable for people in my country)
Nomia

Nephini

Nabuchodonosor / Nebuchadnezzar (I'm forced by my father to consider it)
Nala
Nalakai
Narcissus / Narcisse
Nereus
Neptune
Nerites
Nomos
Notus / Notos

I tell you who's the winner when I have to officially give its name to my ferret, which may be when I'll reserve it at the end of this week, or when I go to search it and bring it back home :) Until then I can still change my mind. And until then, you can continue to suggest names if you have other ideas!

Edit: I've reserved it, and I'll have my furry before the end of June at the latest if everything goes well. I didn't have to give a name yet, so I still can change my mind. I'm so happy and excited knowing that my baby ferret is normally already born and is with her/his brother and sister! =)

(If you update your list, please still write a post at the end just to ping me ;) )
Edited By Enyo on 5/2/2017 at 8:48 PM.
Gee426
Level 62
The Tender
Threads: 37
Posted: 4/24/2017 at 4:33 PM Post #2
Nyx- Greek goddess of the night.
Nike- Greek goddess of victory.
Nephele- created by Zeus from a cloud to look like Hera in order to deceive Ixion
Naenia- Roman goddess of funerals
Nixi- Roman Goddess of child birth
Nerio- Roman ancient war goddess
Nymphadora- Metamorphagus from Harry Potter
Edited By Hollybolly426 on 4/24/2017 at 4:40 PM.
Wolfieimagine
Level 56
Threads: 10
Posted: 4/24/2017 at 5:00 PM Post #3
Necessitas, goddess of destiny
Nerites, a sea spirit who was transformed into a shell-fish by Aphrodite
Nereids, were minor goddesses of the sea and oceans
Spinosaurus
Level 60
Threads: 9
Posted: 4/24/2017 at 6:24 PM Post #4
Naiades were minor goddess of nature, rivers and waterways

Nemesis the goddess of revenge, balance, righteous indignation and retribution

Nereus the old man of the sea, and the god of the sea's rich bounty of fish

Nerites a sea spirit who was transformed into a shell-fish by Aphro

Nereids were minor goddesses of the sea and oceansdite

Nike the goddess of victory

Nomia (one of the Naides, a fresh water nymph)

Nomos the spirit of law

Notus god of the south wind

Nymphe goddess of the morning hour of ablutions (bathing, washing)

Nymphs, minor goddesses of nature

Nyx the primeval goddess of night

Naenia, goddess of funerals

Nascio, personification of the act of birth

Necessitas, goddess of destiny

Neptune, god of the sea, earthquakes, and horses

Nerio, ancient war goddess and the personification of valor

Neverita, wife of Neptune

Nixi, also Nixae, goddesses of childbirth

Nona, goddess of pregnancy, one of the Parcae (Roman equivalent of the Moirai, the Fates). The spinner of the thread of life

Nox, Primordial goddess of night, from the Greek Nyx

Nundina, Goddess of the ninth day, on which the newborn child was given a name

NA From Chinese (n) meaning "elegant, graceful, delicate" or other characters pronounced similarly.

NAAMAH f Biblical, Hebrew
Means "pleasant" in Hebrew. This name is borne in the Old Testament by both a daughter of Lamech and a wife of Solomon. Some later Jewish texts give Naamah as the name of Noah's wife, even though she is not named in the Old Testament.

NABIL m Arabic
Means "noble" in Arabic.

NABILA f Arabic
Feminine form of NABIL.

NABOUCHODONOSOR m Biblical Greek
Greek form of NEBUCHADNEZZAR.

NABU m Near Eastern Mythology
Possibly from a Semitic root meaning "to announce". This was the name of an Assyrian and Babylonian god of wisdom, letters and writing.

NACE m Slovene
Variant of IGNAC.

NACHO m Spanish
Diminutive of IGNACIO.

NACHUM m Biblical Hebrew, Hebrew
Hebrew form of NAHUM.

NACIO m Spanish
Short form of IGNACIO.

NAA f Czech
Diminutive of NADDA.

NADA (1) f Arabic
Means either "generosity" or "dew" in Arabic.

NADAB m Biblical, Biblical Latin, Biblical Greek
Means "generous" in Hebrew. This is the name of a son of Aaron in the Old Testament. He was consumed by flames and killed when he offered unauthorized fire to God. It was also the name of the second king of Israel.

NADEEM m Arabic, Urdu
Variant transcription of NADIM.

NADGE f French
French form of NADEZHDA.

NADEJDA f Russian, Bulgarian
Variant transcription of NADEZHDA.

NADER m Arabic
Variant transcription of NADIR.

NADDA f Czech
Czech form of NADEZHDA.

NADEDA f Slovak, Serbian, Latvian
Slovak, Serbian and Latvian form of NADEZHDA.

NADEZHDA f Russian, Bulgarian, Macedonian, Ukrainian
Means "hope" in Slavic.

NADIA (1) f French, English, Italian, Russian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian
Variant of NADYA (1) used in the Western world, as well as a variant transcription of the Slavic name. It began to be used in France in the 19th century. The name received a boost in popularity from the Romanian gymnast Nadia Comaneci (1961-).

NADICA f Croatian, Serbian
Diminutive of NADA (2).

NADIM m Arabic, Urdu
Means "drinking companion", derived from Arabic (nadima) "to drink together".

NADINE f French, German, English
French elaborated form of NADIA (1).

NADR m Turkish
Turkish form of NADIR.

NADIR m Arabic
Means "rare" in Arabic.

NADIRA f Arabic
Feminine form of NADIR.

NADRE f Turkish
Turkish feminine form of NADIR.

NADYE f Turkish
Turkish form of NADIYYA.

NADIYYA f Arabic
Means "moist, tender, delicate" in Arabic.

NADJA f German, Slovene
German and Slovene form of NADYA (1).

NADRA f Arabic
Means "radiance" in Arabic.

NADYA (2) f Arabic
Variant transcription of NADIYYA.

NADZEYA f Belarusian
Belarusian form of NADEZHDA.

NADZIEJA f Polish
Polish cognate of NADEZHDA, being the modern Polish word meaning "hope".

NAENIA f Roman Mythology
Means "incantation, dirge" in Latin. This was the name of the Roman goddess of funerals.

NAEVIUS m Ancient Roman
Latin form of NEVIO.

NAGENDRA m Hinduism, Indian, Kannada, Telugu
Means "lord of snakes" from Sanskrit (naga) meaning "snake" (also "elephant") combined with the name of the Hindu god INDRA, used here to mean "lord". This is another name for Vasuki, the king of snakes, in Hindu mythology.

NAGI m Arabic
Variant transcription of NAJI.

NAGIB m Arabic
Variant transcription of NAJIB.

NAGORE f Basque
From the name of a Basque village where there is a sanctuary dedicated to the Virgin Mary.

NAHAL f Hebrew
Means "stream" in Hebrew.

NAHEED f Persian
Variant transcription of NAHID.

NAHIA f Basque
Means "desire" in Basque.

NAHID f Persian
Modern Persian form of ANAHITA. This is also the Persian name for the planet Venus.

NAHOR m Biblical
Means "snorting" in Hebrew. Nahor is the name of both the grandfather and a brother of Abraham in the Old Testament.

NAHUEL m Native American, Mapuche
Means "jaguar" in Mapuche.

NAHUM m Biblical
Means "comforter" in Hebrew. Nahum is one of the twelve minor prophets of the Old Testament. He authored the Book of Nahum in which the downfall of Nineveh is foretold.

NAIA f Basque
Means "wave, sea foam" in Basque.

NAIDA f Croatian
Meaning uncertain, possibly derived from Greek (Naiad), a type of water nymph in Greek mythology.

NAL m Turkish
Turkish form of NAIL.

NAIL m Arabic, Tatar
Means "attainer" in Arabic.

NAILA f Arabic
Feminine form of NAIL. This was the name of the wife of Uthman, the third caliph of the Muslims. She tried in vain to prevent a mob from murdering her husband, and had several fingers cut off in the process.

NALE f Turkish
Turkish form of NAILA.

NA'IM m Arabic
Means "tranquil, happy, at ease" in Arabic.

NAM m Turkish
Turkish form of NA'IM.

NA'IMA f Arabic
Feminine form of NA'IM.

NAME f Turkish
Turkish feminine form of NA'IM.

NAINS f Irish
Irish form of NANCY.

NAIRA f Native American, Quechua, Aymara
Means "big eyes" in Quechua and Aymara.

NAIRYOSANGHA m Persian Mythology
Derived from Avestan nairyo "male" and sangha "word". Nairyosangha was a Zoroastrian Yazata (or angel) who served as a messenger for Ahura Mazda.
NAJDEN m Macedonian
Macedonian form of NAYDEN.
NAJI m Arabic
Means "safe" in Arabic.
NAJIB m Arabic
Means "noble" or "intelligent" in Arabic.
NAJWA f Arabic
Means "secret, whisper" in Arabic.
NAKATO f Eastern African, Ganda
Means "second of twins" in Luganda.
NALA m Hinduism
Means "stem" in Sanskrit. This is the name of a king of the Nishadha people in the Hindu epic the 'Mahabharata'.
NALANI f & m Hawaiian
Means "the heavens" or "the chiefs" from Hawaiian n, a definite article, and lani "heaven, sky, chief".
NALDO m Italian
Short form of names ending in naldo.
NALINI f Indian, Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi
Means "lotus" in Sanskrit.
NAMRATA f Indian, Hindi, Marathi, Malayalam, Nepali
Means "bowing, humility" in Sanskrit.
NAN f English
Originally a diminutive of ANN. It may have originated with the affectionate phrase mine Ann, which was later reinterpreted as my Nan. It is now also used as a short form of NANCY.
NANA (1) f Greek
Diminutive of IOANNA.
NANA (2) f Japanese
From Japanese (na) meaning "vegetables, greens" and/or (na), a phonetic character. The characters can be in either order or the same character can be duplicated, as indicated by the symbol . Other kanji with the same pronunciations can also be used to form this name.
NANA (3) f Georgian
Meaning unknown. This was the name of a 4th-century queen consort of Georgia who is regarded as a saint in the Orthodox Church.
NANABOZHO m New World Mythology
Means "my rabbit" in Ojibwe. In Anishinaabe mythology Nanabozho (also called Wenabozho) is the name of a trickster spirit.
NANAEA f Near Eastern Mythology (Latinized)
Latinized form of NANAYA.
NANAIA f Near Eastern Mythology (Hellenized)
Greek form of NANAYA.
NANAKO f Japanese
From Japanese (na) meaning "vegetables, greens" duplicated and (ko) meaning "child". Other kanji combinations are possible as well.
NANAMI f Japanese
From Japanese (nana) meaning "seven" and (mi) meaning "sea". It can also come from (na) meaning "vegetables, greens" duplicated and (mi) meaning "beautiful". Other kanji combinations are also possible.
NANAYA f Near Eastern Mythology
Meaning unknown, possibly related to INANNA. This was the name of a goddess worshipped by the Sumerians and Akkadians. She was later conflated with the goddesses Anahita and Aphrodite.
NANCY f English
Previously a medieval diminutive of ANNIS, though since the 18th century it has been a diminutive of ANN. It is now usually regarded as an independent name. During the 20th century it became very popular in the United States. A city in the Lorraine region of France bears this name, though it derives from a different source.
NAND m Indian, Hindi
Modern northern Indian form of NANDA.
NANDA m Hinduism, Indian, Kannada, Tamil
Means "joy" in Sanskrit. In Hindu texts this is a name of both Vishnu and the foster-father of Krishna, as well as various other characters. In Buddhist texts this is the name of a god and a disciple of Buddha. Nanda was also the name of a 4th-century BC king who founded a dynasty in Magadha in India.
NANDAG f Scottish
Scottish diminutive of ANNA.
NANDITA f Indian, Hindi, Marathi
From Sanskrit (nanda) meaning "joy".
NANDO m Spanish
Short form of FERNANDO.
NNDOR m Hungarian
Originally this was a Hungarian word referring to a Bulgarian people that lived along the Danube. Since the 19th century it has been used as a Hungarian short form of FERDINAND.
NANETTE f English
Diminutive of ANNE (1).
NANI f Hawaiian
Means "beauty, glory" in Hawaiian.
NANNA (1) f Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Icelandic, Norse Mythology
Possibly derived from Old Norse nan meaning "daring, brave". In Norse legend she was a goddess who died of grief when her husband Balder was killed.
NANNA (2) m Near Eastern Mythology
Meaning unknown. This was the name of the Sumerian god of the moon. He was the son of Enlil and the husband of Ningal.
NANNIE f English
Diminutive of ANNE (1).
NANNY f English
Diminutive of ANNE (1).
NANOOK m Native American, Inuit
Variant of NANUQ. This was the (fictional) name of the subject of Robert Flaherty's documentary film 'Nanook of the North' (1922).
NANUK m Native American, Inuit
Variant of NANUQ.
NANULI f Georgian
Diminutive of NANA (3).
NANUQ m Native American, Inuit
Means "polar bear" in Inuktitut.
NAOISE m Irish, Scottish, Irish Mythology
Meaning unknown, presumably of Gaelic origin. In Irish legend he was the young man who eloped with Deirdre, the beloved of Conchobhar the king of Ulster. Conchobhar eventually succeeded in having Naoise murdered, which caused Deirdre to die of grief.
NAOKI m Japanese
From Japanese (nao) meaning "straight" and (ki) meaning "tree", as well as other combinations of different kanji with the same pronunciations.
NAOKO f Japanese
From Japanese (nao) meaning "straight" and (ko) meaning "child", as well as other kanji combinations.
NAOMH f Irish
Means "holy" in Irish Gaelic.
NAOMHN m Irish, Scottish
Means "little saint", derived from Irish naomh "saint" combined with a diminutive suffix.
NA'OMI f Biblical Hebrew
Hebrew form of NAOMI (1).
NAOMI (1) f English, Hebrew, Biblical
From the Hebrew name (Na'omiy) meaning "pleasantness". In the Old Testament this is the name of the mother-in-law of Ruth. After the death of her husband and sons, she returned to Bethlehem with Ruth. There she declared that her name should be Mara (see Ruth 1:20).... [more]
NAOMI (2) f & m Japanese
From Japanese (nao) meaning "straight" and (mi) meaning "beautiful" (usually feminine) or (mi) meaning "self" (usually masculine). Other kanji combinations can also form this name.
NAOUM m Biblical Greek
Form of NAHUM used in the Greek Old Testament.
NAPHTALI m Biblical
Means "my struggle, my strife" in Hebrew. In the Old Testament he is a son of Jacob by Rachel's servant Bilhah, and the ancestor of one of the twelve tribes of Israel.
NAPIER m English (Rare)
From an English and Scots surname which meant "linen keeper" in Middle English, from Old French nappe "table cloth".
NAPOLON m French (Rare)
French form of NAPOLEON.
NAPOLEON m History, English
From the old Italian name Napoleone, used most notably by the French emperor Napolon Bonaparte (1769-1821), who was born on Corsica. It is possibly derived from the Germanic Nibelungen, the name of a race of dwarfs in Germanic legend, which meant "sons of mist". Alternatively, it could be connected to the name of the Italian city of Napoli (Naples).
NAPOLEONE m Italian
Original Italian form of NAPOLEON. Besides the French emperor, it was borne by the 14th-century cardinal Napoleone Orsini and the Italian writer and politician Napoleone Colajanni (1847-1921).
NARANBAATAR m Mongolian
Means "sun hero" in Mongolian.
NARANGEREL f Mongolian
Means "sun light" in Mongolian.
NARANTSETSEG f Mongolian
Means "sun flower" in Mongolian.
NARAYAN m Indian, Hindi, Nepali, Marathi, Odia, Bengali
Modern northern Indian form of NARAYANA.
NARAYANA m Hinduism, Indian, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil
Means "path of man" in Sanskrit. In Hindu belief this is the name of the god of creation, later synonymous with the god Brahma, and even later with Vishnu.
NARAYANAN m Indian, Malayalam, Tamil
Malayalam and Tamil variant of NARAYANA.
NARCS m Catalan
Catalan form of NARCISSUS.
NARCISA f Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Romanian
Feminine form of NARCISSUS.
NARCISO m Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Italian, Spanish and Portuguese form of NARCISSUS.
NARCISSA f Late Roman
Feminine form of NARCISSUS.
NARCISSE m & f French
French masculine and feminine form of NARCISSUS.
NARCISSUS m Greek Mythology (Latinized), Late Roman, Biblical
Latinized form of Greek (Narkissos), possibly derived from (narke) meaning "sleep, numbness". Narkissos was a beautiful youth in Greek mythology who stared at his own reflection for so long that he eventually died and was turned into the narcissus flower.... [more]
NARCYZ m Polish
Polish form of NARCISSUS.
NAREK m Armenian
From the name of a 10th-century Armenian saint, Grigor of Narek, who came from the town of Narek (formerly in Armenia, now in eastern Turkey).
NARELLE f English (Australian)
Meaning unknown. It was borne by the wife of Umbarra, who was a 19th-century leader of the Yuin, an Aboriginal people.
NARENDRA m Indian, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Telugu
Means "lord of men" from Sanskrit (nara) meaning "man" combined with the name of the Hindu god INDRA, used here to mean "lord".
NARGES f Persian
Means "daffodil, narcissus flower" in Persian, ultimately derived from Greek (see NARCISSUS).
NARI f Korean
Means "lily" in Korean.
NARINDER m & f Indian (Sikh)
Variant of NARENDRA used by Sikhs.
NARKISSOS m Greek Mythology
Greek form of NARCISSUS.
NARSEH m Ancient Persian
Persian form of NAIRYOSANGHA.
NARSES m Ancient Persian (Hellenized)
Hellenized form of the Persian name Narseh, which was derived from Avestan NAIRYOSANGHA. This name was borne by a Byzantine general of Armenian descent who helped restore Italy to the Roman Empire during the reign of Justinian I in the 6th century.

I cant feel my fingers....
Edited By Spinosaurus on 4/29/2017 at 4:12 PM.
Leoandoreosmom
Level 60
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 25
Posted: 4/24/2017 at 6:43 PM Post #5
Since we just celebrated the Saint Patrick's Day Theme - I found a few Irish Mythological Names:

NEAS - Old Irish form of NEASA.

NEASA - Meaning uncertain. In Irish legend she was the mother of Conchobhar, king of Ulster. According to some versions of the legend she was originally named Assa meaning "gentle", but was renamed Ni-assa "not gentle" after she sought to avenge the murders of her foster fathers.

NESS (1) - Anglicized form of NEAS.

NESSA (3) - Anglicized form of NEASA.

NIAMH - Means "bright" in Irish. She was the daughter of the sea god in Irish legends. She fell in love with the poet Oisn, son of Fionn.

When I grew up, they were actually "illegal" in my area - not certain why. They appear to be quite cute and playful. I have not had one as a pet however.

Good luck picking a name for your newest family member!
Lavenderrain
Level 64
The Artistic
Threads: 65
Posted: 4/24/2017 at 8:42 PM Post #6
Nanna - Norse, a Norse goddess (could also be for nanna)

Nelda - Greek, meaning mercy or compassion (also similar to Zelda)

Nefertiti - Egyptian, a great ancient queen of Egypt

Nightingale - Last name of Florence Nightingale

Nadia - Romanian gymnast who won three Olympic gold medals at the 1976 Olympics and was the first gymnast to gain a perfect score of 6.0.
credit: http://www.biographyonline.net/people/famous/100-women.html

Nephini - Sylestian, because they are nicknamed noodles and ferrets are kind of noodle-like ;)

May add more later!

Also, on ChickenSmoothie, your topic should actually be under the free adoptions. As long as a free pet is being given, it can go there, and it will get alot more people to enter in it! Just change the title to "Move to Free Adoptions" or something like that, and let a mod know!
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Posted: 4/24/2017 at 9:07 PM Post #7
I wasn't sure where I was supposed to post this topic, I was even wondering if i should not post it in Off-Topics discussions as even if I give sylestis at the end, the contest is not sylestia-based...
But since it's definitely a contest (only the one who propose the name I chose at the end or at least my favorites names will a sylesti, at least it will be the only one to get a pirebred themed sylesti) I though this was the right forum to post-it.
And it's also the place for giveaways. And.. Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't see any part of the forum called free adoptions?!

But if it's not the right forum, it can be moved.

BTW,
Thanks to all of you who've already suggested names, I'll comment the lists tomorrow (it's too late... or too early in the morning in my country to do it now) but I've already read really good ideas and propositions here!
Edited By Enyo on 4/24/2017 at 9:07 PM.
Lavenderrain
Level 64
The Artistic
Threads: 65
Posted: 4/24/2017 at 10:51 PM Post #8
No this topic here in Sylestia is in the right place, its the one you made in ChickenSmoothie that is in the wrong place! You currently have the topic on ChickenSmoothie under Animal Chatter, when it could be under Free Adoptions. Ya this topic here is perfectly fine, it's the CS one that could be changed.

Your topic here, could be moved to over here :)
Greenmamba
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 16
Posted: 4/24/2017 at 11:04 PM Post #9
Male Names:
Narcissus(after the Greek myth)
Neville(Harry Potter)
Nicholas(Santa Claus)
Nero
Napoleon
Female Names:
Nancy(after Nancy Drew)
Natasha(from War and Peace)
Nala(Lion King)
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Posted: 4/25/2017 at 11:37 AM Post #10
@Lavenderrain Woooops...I feel stupid right now x)... I said it was too late for me to read and comment things x)
Yes, if you where talking about Chickensmoothie, you're right, it may be the wrong place... (I made it on Animal Chatter because i've seen a few people asking for name ideas there during the last month, that's why I didn't take the time to think that it may be the wrong place for this topic!)

Thank you very much, all of you!!! You all have great ideas!!!

Hollybolly426

I love Nyx and Nerio.
Nike is not possible in my country, because a lot of people only now the brand, but mostly because it's the homonym of a... let's say dirty verb.
I like the reference of Nephele the name itself is not one of my favorite.
I'm going to think about Naenia/Nenia. I like it, but it's close to the name of a girl I know.
I love the sound of Nixi, but is plural, it designs all the goddesses of childbirth, not one, and that annoys me a little... (Yeah, it's sometimes annoying to know to much about latin!) But I remembered that written Nixie, it's one of the names given to germanic mischevious water spirits too (also called Neck or Nixe).
And as a fan of Harry Potter, Nymphadora is a good idea. It's really long though, but I could find her a nickname.

So, I'm adding Nyx, Nerio, Nixi/Nixie and Nympadora to the list, and I'm going to consider Naenia/Nenia as well.

Wolfieimagine

I find Necessitas to long, even if I like the reference.
I will consider Nerites for a male, I haven't thought about this name at all, it has an interesting reference, I need to think about it and see if I like it enough or not.
I will also consider Nereid (in singular form)... Or maybe Nerea, the name of one of them.

Spinosaurus

I love Nemesis, and Nox, I'll add them to my list.
Already commented on Nyx, Nerio and Nixi, also on the list.
I think like Nomia, Nona and Nundina and will consider these names. (by the way, Nundina's a deity I've never heard about (I think, I may just not remember)!!! congratulation for that, you suggested the name of a Roman deity I didn't know and it's VERY hard to find!!!:) )

For a male I might consider Nereus, Notos/Notus, Nomos and Neptune (I like very much Neptune's references, the god, and the planet, but I don't like the name itself that much :/)

Leoandoreosmom

Good idea, I love irish mythology as well... though unfortunately a lot of Irish names are unprononceable for people in my country. That's why I cannot really consider Niamh, though I love it... :( And I will mostl probably use the international writing and not the traditional irish writing if I choose one.
but the other names are definitely on the list!
Especially Nessa, I love it!

Lavenderrain

As a fan of the Amarnian period, I add Nefertiti on the list!
Nana writen like that is synonym for girl, woman in my country, so it's not really possible.
I know two people called Nadia, so no, I can't see it on an my pet really well....
I'll consider Nelda and Nephini :)

(Greenmamba, I haven't forgotten you, I'll read comment your list later :) )
Edited By Enyo on 4/25/2017 at 11:39 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.