Players 2,283 407
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,274,259 1,529
Generated 656,698 111
Captured 1,193,915 518
Bred 6,423,551 900
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Find Roleplayers > Private rp or something? I don't kno...
Page 2 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Cakedragon33
Level 56
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 24
Posted: 4/21/2017 at 10:24 PM Post #11
Take as much time as you need, dude. It sounds amazing! I usually struggle with finding directions for my characters to go in, in both rps and stories, and even when I do it can be difficult to get them to go in that direction, so I'm excited to have a definite direction for the characters from the get-go.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 62
Posted: 4/24/2017 at 4:11 PM Post #12
Just a little somthing to show you guys that I'm actually working on this.

I have literally never tried making a map before so... this is taking some time.
I'm thinking of turning the little dingle in the bottom left into a cluster of islands since it looks kinda dumb at the moment.
Edited By Deidriel on 4/24/2017 at 4:21 PM.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 4/28/2017 at 10:51 AM Post #13
Progress update:

Map progress: Added in capitals. Added islands. Added forest. Have yet to add inland water, other settlements, additional landmarks, legend. (Note: I am drawing this map entirely by hand though some assets are referenced from work other than my own.)

Entry form: Being finalized

Rules: Being finalized

Lore/Introduction: In the process of writing

Race/Species list: Complete

I will start a separate thread once all this is complete.
Edited By Deidriel on 4/28/2017 at 10:54 AM.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 5/7/2017 at 8:04 PM Post #14
I am just about ready to get this all started. I haven't made any more progress on the map, but I will update it with information as it becomes relevant.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 324
Posted: 5/7/2017 at 8:17 PM Post #15
Righty! Can't wait!
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Threads: 5
Posted: 5/9/2017 at 11:12 AM Post #16
The others know me, so I figured it best to address this at you regarding your very first post in here. Your concerns are ones we all deal with RPing here. You don't want to force players into posting a certain amount, because it makes folks think that if they don't have enough to say that they shouldn't post; thus slowing down the RP and making it less fun. At the same time you don't want to annoy the experienced RPers putting up with a bunch of one liners materializing over four pages of an RP and making them feel like they are wasting their time, both posting AND reading (been there done that). Ultimately though, the posting is the choice of the role player inputting it.

A great way, at least that I found, to make sure you are getting the type of RPers you want doesn't really take waiting to see how they post in the game, just look at the character sheet they submit. A good role player is going to give you a lot of detail and history, so that you can literally draw the character in your mind even if they don't post a picture.

Beyond that, you may want to ask to see samples of other RP posts they have made.

Personally, I include a second post addendum to my character's so the game master knows what to expect from me MOST of the time. This is my personal choice, not something I expect from others:

Fair warning, the following comments are my personal standards for my posts only and are not intended to be forced on other players. I tend to make posts when I roleplay that are at least a paragraph or three, that generally broken down into the followig:

First paragraph, usually describes the scene from the characters perspective via the five senses.

Second paragraph, usually more, Interaction paragraph(s) with the other player characters. For sylestia RPs, 150 px, character images are used to help everyone understand who and what my character or characters is responding to. Since this can create a sense of projecting his actions before they have happened, actions may be sprinkled within these; but not often.

"I also incorporate bold color text for spoken parts." Some folks find that a little distracting, so I apologize in advance for this, but I do it so players can find what part of the post applies to their character so they don't get bogged down at reading my whole post if it isn't necessary for them. I do this for all character quotes, including when quoting someone else (normally I will use the majority color of the PC, and orange as default for NPCs. If that is used by a PC I will change that color and make an OOC, out of character, double parenthetical post in the role play). If the color is a little off its because I darkened it for easier reading. So for now I intend to post a list and update it for new PCs, I hope, hexadecimal codes included if you would like to use them too:

Main Character based on primary body color, #0000FF
Non-player Characters, #FF6600

The third, or final, paragraph, is my primary action / reaction paragraph describing how the character responds or reacts and usually describes some tell tale behavior to help hint at his feelings and mood. This is the one you really should read if you are just into the action role-play genre. However it also includes the character's feelings and thoughts (for use of psychic abilities in the game; as well as sniffing out god-moders).

Feel free to copy this and modify it for your personal standards or game uses as you see fit.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 5/9/2017 at 12:10 PM Post #17
Thanks for all this great input!

As you know (seeing as I sent you an intrest ping) the RP discussed in this thread is finally up and running. Luckily we will probably not encounter these problems since I am being highly selective about who I allow to join in based on what I know about how they have acted in RPs in the past.

As for the coloured text, everyone in this RP seems to be in agreement about using it at least for the purpose of quoting another character.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.