Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Twins and Triplets
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Goldentigercat
Level 66
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 33
Posted: 2/11/2017 at 12:52 PM Post #1
What if there's a random generator so that twins or triplets could come out of one egg like they do in real life. That would be so cool and it's random so you would never expect it when it does happen. But it can only happen if you have room in the Hatchery
Glitterthesylveon
Level 60
Fright Master
Threads: 138
Posted: 2/12/2017 at 12:10 AM Post #2
I wish that could happen, too.
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 27
Posted: 2/12/2017 at 12:28 AM Post #3
There are two MAIN problems with this.
1) The hatchery is infinitiv. Meaning that the number of pages you have will automaticly fill up as you keep breeding more and more eggs so there is no way you should ever run out of space at all.

2) This might not seem as a problem to some but the prices of themed pets would drasticly dropp, projects would be a lot easier to finnish due to the larger possible outcomes that we could recive. So both projects and themed pets would most likely lose quiet a lot in value due to the quicker rise in population/quicker finnish.

I can see a few other problems as well but these are ptobably the two most noticable. So no suport from me.
Goldentigercat
Level 66
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 33
Posted: 2/12/2017 at 12:07 PM Post #4
Okay I respect your opinion
Eots
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 10
Posted: 2/12/2017 at 7:47 PM Post #5
I see an issue with this beyond the game integration. Twins and triplets do not occur very commonly at all in the world of egg-laying creatures. I suppose that it is theoretically possible for multiple offspring to emerge from the same egg and survive, but everything that I know about such creatures says that it's very, very improbable. In the case of Sylestie eggs, with their being hard-shelled and such, it's just not a large enough proportion to warrant the coding and all other necessary adaptations.

Let me explain with chicken eggs as an easy example. It is true, as anyone familiar with the use of chicken eggs for cooking would know, that eggs laid by chickens do occasionally contain two or even three yolks. However, the majority of these eggs are laid by young chickens, and typically we will observe them in unfertilized instances. If such an egg were capable of developing embryos under normal conditions, then we would notice the quick death of those embryos. Double- or triple-yolked eggs are not a typical occurrence; the shell does not form with heed to the extra room required for two chicks.

There are, on occasion, also two-headed birds and reptiles that hatch and may survive for a while in nature. Even so, they usually die prematurely. I myself am in possession of a stuffed two-headed duckling. If you suggest that twins and triplets should be introduced because they are a theoretical possibility, then surely there must also be integrated an even larger number of two-headed Sylesties. There are frequent early deaths in nature, so shouldn't they be brought in, too? In reality, no Sylesties die at all. This could lead to serious issues in a natural environment with regards to overpopulation, but this is not a natural environment; some realistic changes are impractical in the setting of an online game. I'd like to ask in what way this change would begin to improve Sylestia, its breeding system, or its economy.

I apologise for my harsh disapproval of the idea, but I don't think that it's very practical, and I wanted you and others to see why that was.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.