Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > "fairly accurate with colors" ??...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
DannyCam
Level 11
Threads: 3
Posted: 2/10/2017 at 9:25 PM Post #1
what does this 'fairly accurate with colors' thing mean on the essences? if I spend real money to make a new pet, I would like it to look the way I wanted it to look. does this mean if I don't buy the expensive version, it'll just come out in random colors? and if I do buy the expensive version, is there STILL a chance it'll just be a random color and I'll have to buy the dye? and it looks like a bottle of dye only changes the colors on one section, requiring me to buy multiple bottles after buying the pet?? just exactly how expensive is it to make one that is actually the colors I want it to be?
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 2/10/2017 at 9:50 PM Post #2
Regular Essences are the least accurate. If you select "blue", you might get a light blue, a dark blue, the blue you picked, or some kinda slight off-spectrum of blue.

Enhanced Essences are pretty accurate. If you select "blue", you're pretty much going to get blue most of the time. It might be slightly darker or lighter.

Mystical Essences are very accurate. If you select "blue", you'd probably have to compare the colors side by side to really notice any difference.

Edit: There are pet dyes in the game that can be used on any pet with no restrictions. So you can always correct or change colors.
Edited By Krinadon on 2/10/2017 at 9:50 PM.
Glitterthesylveon
Level 60
Fright Master
Threads: 138
Posted: 2/10/2017 at 10:03 PM Post #3
Excuse me, but how do you get essences? (regular)
DannyCam
Level 11
Posted: 2/10/2017 at 10:12 PM Post #4
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=43556&page=1#3
Author: Glitterthesylveon
Time Posted: 2/10/2017 at 10:03 PM
Excuse me, but how do you get essences? (regular)

You can buy them under the Shops tab, click on Diamond Shop.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/10/2017 at 10:16 PM Post #5
They can also rarely drop from Sylestis you battle or rarely be obtained from nurturing.

I believe they also have a very small chance of being inside Mission Satchels and Event Satchels.

They can also be purchased from other players via the Trade Broker.
DannyCam
Level 11
Posted: 2/10/2017 at 10:20 PM Post #6
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=43556&page=1#2
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 2/10/2017 at 9:50 PM
Regular Essences are the least accurate. If you select "blue", you might get a light blue, a dark blue, the blue you picked, or some kinda slight off-spectrum of blue.

Enhanced Essences are pretty accurate. If you select "blue", you're pretty much going to get blue most of the time. It might be slightly darker or lighter.

Mystical Essences are very accurate. If you select "blue", you'd probably have to compare the colors side by side to really notice any difference.

Edit: There are pet dyes in the game that can be used on any pet with no restrictions. So you can always correct or change colors.

I thought it didn't go by "blue" but had you type in the exact numbers for the specific color you wanted and all that. The dyes in the shop say they change "one hex" and aren't there like a whole bunch of different colored areas on them? So you'd have to buy a separate dye for every part you wanted to recolor?

It sounds really annoying and complicated. I think I'd like it better if it was "Cheap Pet Potion: choose the breed/gender and the rest is random", "Medium Pet Potion: choose breed/gender/just a few traits and the rest is random", and then "Best Pet Potion: set everything exactly how you want it". The starter pet was really fun to make but it seems like there will never again be that opportunity to completely make the animal 100% exactly how you want it except for that starting pet, and then the site doesn't allow side accounts so you can't make another starter ever again. :/ I'm not really as interested in breeding/taming as I am in making completely customized animals exactly how I want them.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/10/2017 at 10:31 PM Post #7
I'm sorry. I guess I'm not making things clear.

No, you select a hex. You use the Generator just like you did to create your Starter Pet. I just used "blue", as an example rather than hex codes.

For reference, a Starter Pet uses the Mystical Essence algorithm.

Here is an example of a Regular Generated Pet. The input is on the left. The outcome is on the right.

=>

And here is the same pet, but using an Enhanced Essence.

=>
Edited By Krinadon on 2/10/2017 at 10:32 PM.
DannyCam
Level 11
Posted: 2/10/2017 at 10:37 PM Post #8
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=43556&page=1#7
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 2/10/2017 at 10:31 PM
I'm sorry. I guess I'm not making things clear.

No, you select a hex. You use the Generator just like you did to create your Starter Pet. I just used "blue", as an example rather than hex codes.

For reference, a Starter Pet uses the Mystical Essence algorithm.

Here is an example of a Regular Generated Pet. The input is on the left. The outcome is on the right.

=>

And here is the same pet, but using an Enhanced Essence.

=>

so basically when you make one you shouldn't spend a lot of time picking out exactly 100% perfect colors, right? :/

why can it not just come out exactly the way it was put in? :/ I guess it doesn't matter why, the point is that it just doesn't. :/ it's really disappointing.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/10/2017 at 11:11 PM Post #9
Well, there are 3 tiers of Essences...

Both Regular and Enhanced are obtainable in game.

Only Mystical are Diamond exclusive.

I'm not quite sure why the disappointment. =\

There would be no point in Enhanced or Mystical Essences if Regular did everything that those Essences did lol.
DannyCam
Level 11
Posted: 2/11/2017 at 8:26 AM Post #10
The disappointment is that even the highest one you can buy still doesn't keep the original colors and I don't see the point of that, unless they're hoping you'll buy dyes afterward if you really really wanted the exact colors you originally put in.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.