Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
SatsumaSunset
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 45
Posted: 2/1/2017 at 10:40 PM Post #1
I'm back!
I have puff pairs to re-gen, and this time, I've decided that this time, I shall ask for public opinion on two things:
1. Design critique (colors to tweak, etc.)
2. Interest in buying a baby (I don't have a thread or prices set)
So, here are the designs!

Forest Poisoner

Tidemaster

Ice Rave

Starry Night (the painting)

Hallow's Eve

Cheesecake

Poisoned Love

Flowerfall

Mist Princess? (anyone have a better name?)

I really would appreciate your feedback, but as always, don't be mean. Also, I didn't give the male puff because I'm too lazy to.
Vulpie
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 4
Posted: 2/2/2017 at 6:33 AM Post #2
Wow they're all beautilful designs, but my favorite is definitely Starry Night! Without even looking the name, I thought it perfectly represented Van Gogh's most famous work. Then again, it's also my favorite piece by him, so I'm a bit more biased towards anything referencing that painting. ^^';

But all of those ideas have colors that complement each other very well. The markings also make interesting patterns on the Puff and don't overwhelm or standout from each other. I will say, the Dancing Flames on Forest Poisoner and the Ice Wings on Ice Rave are fitting additions to both designs. They're also starting to become two of my favorite new traits added to the Puffs, and both of those designs hyped up my love for them even more.

Your very last design reminds me of a snow-covered mountain with a river that is still able to run through the frozen rocks. Perhaps Frostfall Mountain Priestess as another name suggestion? I only say priestess because the dancing flames remind me of those spiritual orbs that are portrayed in some Japanese anime and video games. And her butterfly-shaped necklace looks like a talisman (protective or decorative) that priestesses sometimes wear with their clothing.

Now come the critiques, which there aren't too many. The main ones involve the Forest Poisoner, mainly because the white throws off the toxic look a bit. Perhaps, try using a shade of the yellow-green you used in the skull and dancing flames. Since it looks like the Puff's body is being considered as the "poisoned bottle" of the design, it might help to have a small hint of the yellow-green used in the skull and flames. I'd suggest a few slides over to the right, so the yellow-green is still there, but it doesn't blend in with the flames. But if you want the flames to stand out, then going a bit darker than the spots would help them stand out even more. It's only because the white is too strong that the flames are getting a bit lost, to me at least.

The only other critique is with the Tidemaster, and again, the strong white kind of throws off the look a bit. I know there is white in the waves as they crash down onto the shore, but it's not as prevalent as the Puff portrays. The underbelly (Color 2?) might need to be a dark sea green/blue since it looks like the Puff is trying to represent a crashing wave. Even a deep turquoise blue would work since the lighter Gene 3 works with representing the top white/ sunlit part of the waves. But again, that's the current feel I get, but if you had something else in mind, feel free to let me know.

Other than that, you made some well-thoughtout designs. Sorry abut the wall of text, but I just love what you did with each of them, despite what I wrote above. They're very small and relatively harmless, so they won't harm/change the designs too much, if you don't decide to use them. :)
Edited By Vulpie on 2/2/2017 at 6:51 AM.
Dragonnadder
Level 71
Nature Walker
Threads: 32
Posted: 2/2/2017 at 9:56 AM Post #3
I love the designs on these! I feel like mine are a little weird now lol.
I think the last Puff's name could be Frostfall or some such, like Vulpie said. I'm also sorta curious why the Cheesecake Puff has the green crown, instead of a light yellow-brown, and I think the Forest Poisoner could take out the white and replace it with yellow-green or another "toxic" color. I do, however, like the white on the Tidemaster.
Could I have offspring of the Tidemaster and the Frostfall/Mist Princess Puffs. That would be cool!
--Nadder
SatsumaSunset
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/2/2017 at 11:50 AM Post #4
Thanks for your replies! I'll definitely use those changes.
Vulpie, would you like me to ping you once I get a sales thread?
Dragonnadder, I'll ping/PM you once I re-gen them and come up with a price.

Thanks again!
Vulpie
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 4
Posted: 2/2/2017 at 1:34 PM Post #5
Oh yes I would love to get pinged once you start selling offspring! Thank you and you're most welcome with the advice. They're all really pretty designs, so don't feel too bad. :)
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 2/2/2017 at 1:55 PM Post #6
I just felt you should know that not all traits can be regenned with the Puffadore. The new traits that weren't previously in the game prior to revamp aren't able to be regenerated in. I didn't look through all of the designs but I did notice a few of the mutations being used on the images immediately which I'll mark on the list.

The following will not be available for your regen puffs:

G1: Leopard and Clouded Leopard

M1: Pearl Armor
M2: Pearl Helm
M3: Icicle Wings, Peacock Wings, and Dancing Flame.

These traits could still be added in with essences, but not with the regen puffs.
SatsumaSunset
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/2/2017 at 2:04 PM Post #7
aww man! I was hoping that it would work out well, but I guess I'll deal with that once i re-gen them. Thanks!
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 2/5/2017 at 1:36 PM Post #8
Satsuma, I don't know whether you've already re-gen'ed these, but if you haven't, I would add that the Flowerfall Puff might benefit from having the eye color not quite so magenta--

I changed the saturation on the eye color from 100 to 70.

Also, for the sake of the Puff's potential offspring, you might change her Mutation 3 color to something that fits well with the rest of the colors. Here's a suggestion with M3 Vis so you can see it--

Your design does quite well at incorporating Life Lines, which, IMO, is a difficult trait to work with.
StormSerpent
Level 60
Snow Wars Combatant
Threads: 19
Posted: 2/5/2017 at 2:37 PM Post #9
tidemast and mist princess are stunning :D
SatsumaSunset
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/5/2017 at 4:56 PM Post #10
Hi! Thanks for the advice, and I'll probably re-gen them next weekend (so much homework). I'll probably use your advice. Would you like me to ping you once I make a sales thread?
-S!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.