Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Wanted to love this site
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Silverwolff
Level 48
Threads: 2
Posted: 1/10/2017 at 9:26 AM Post #1
My point newbie point of view, while I love the concept of this site and the pets on it, for a newbie it is VERY hard to get going on this site. Pets must be capture for 1000 gold which has IMO a very high failure rate. Battles are constant and the payoff is very little if you win. I joined this site back in Dec and have struggled to get going in the holiday area. I keep getting my butt kicked, I see so many wonderful pets that I'd like to capture and have spent several thousands in gold only to capture just 2 of those pets. My pets get killed frequently so then I have to leave the site as I have no gold to bring them back to life so I have to wait for the hourly healing/reset for them to revive and 99% of the time I forget to come back until several hours later. For this past week I have played in the seasonal area and still only managed to get 600 in gold. Don't get me wrong I have a few pets that I have bought from other players and I was lucky and had 2 very nice players add something to my stocking. I've tried asking in chat about how to use items but am constantly ignored. For a newbie I find this very frustrating that I can barely spend time on this site and enjoy any of the things on here. It's constant battle, battle, battle...and you can only run away from so many before you are forced to battle again whether or not your pets are healthy enough to battle again. I have played and do play on a few other sites and I will say by far this one is the most difficult one for new players. Oh I'm sure several of the older players will see this as just a whine of a newbie wanting things but it is not, I do not want anything from anyone, I am simply making an observation that it is difficult for a new player to get going on this site and enjoy it. I can also see why there are a lot of empty accounts when I go looking at other player's hatcheries and stables with starving pets.

---signed a very frustrated player
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 1/10/2017 at 10:29 AM Post #2
Honestly, coming from someone who frequents the chat rooms and is almost always on, I have never seen you. Region chat does move very fast, so questions are often better suited for the general chatroom located int he lower gray bar on the screen, as that moves much slower and people have the ability to go back and read what was previous said(as long as they have not closed the screen.) Its very easy for anything to get lost in the busy region chat, and honestly if that is moving slow there likely arent a lot of people even available at the time that even use it. I definitely recommend taking a trip into the general chat if you have a chance, as people are friendly there and since it moves slower than region tends to, questions often get answered more diligently. As long as you are willing to listen to the advice given to you, it can be a really good source of knowledge due to the range of players available. (Region, btw, is the little chatbox on the corner of the screen in the fest zones, whereas general/genchat/gc is the little grey "chatroom" bar)

I know at first it sees like gold is hard to come by and battles are hard, but I promise, it gets easier as you learnt he mechanics and what works and doesn't work. Missions in the town barracks are a great source of income and all you need for them is a high enough level pet with strong stats in the requested skill. I and most others will almost always recommend missions as a main source of income to any player, new or old. You can also buy high level pets just for missions, and msot people do, as you do not need to be a higher level than a mission pet like you do with battle party pets. This will take you to a very detailed guide on missions. It was written by Hundenelsker, who btw, is often in general chat as well.

I did also look to see if I could pinpoint why you might be struggling so much with battling. Battling is hard, especially at first, but it really shouldn't be as hard as you are saying it is for you. I can't exactly see how you have level up and proficiency points allocated, but here is a guide by Kaufee on how to do so, just in case. I see you have two party slots, which is good. I definitely recommend getting the third in Santuary of Sarielle, once that is available to you.

I know and understand that it may be a little bit difficult to get into the swing of things right from the start, but at the same time that's kind of part of the fun. It's learning how things work that keeps things interesting. And honestly, although it sounds like your experience so far hasn't quite lived up to this, most older users are definitely willing to help. Honestly, I'm very busy irl right now but if you need any additional help,f eel free to send me a pm and I can see what I can do to help you. Otherwise, general chat is always available as well with people who are very knowledgeable, many who know more than I do. :)
Happiness
Level 64
The Tender
Threads: 96
Posted: 1/10/2017 at 4:01 PM Post #3
I understand what is happening. When I was a newbie, (I still am), I was constantly running low on gold and never being able to defeat any enemies. One time, I asked Krinadon what to do because I had no gold to feed my pets, and they were all unconscious. He told me to wait for the free revive. Then I realized there were a multitude of wishing well/newbie page links. These pages gave newbies like us free avatar items, gold, mentors, and other amazing items that are rather challenging to acquire. For now I recommend sending pets on missions and visiting some of these amazing, generous threads.
Silverwolff
Level 48
Threads: 2
Posted: 1/11/2017 at 9:27 PM Post #4
@Lostwords13 @Happiness Thanks to both of you I had no idea on the missions this is helping in bringing in gold to feed and heal my pets.

Lostwords13 thanks for the guides those are very helpful, I will say I'll have to kind start backwards on getting my stats fixed as my first one I've just been dumping everything into health to try to make him last longer in battles. I also see why my questions were unanswered I was in the wrong chat area, didn't see there was a 2nd one at the bottom of the screen so thanks for that info as well.

Happiness, where are those threads located so that I can look through them and hopefully get some much needed help?
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 1/12/2017 at 12:18 AM Post #5
Oooh, yeah, putting all your stuff into HP would help constitute taking lots of damage (all HP would mean lower defences, lower chance to dodge attacks, and less damage dealt- meaning opponents last longer.)
We answered a question about pet defence not long ago here that might help break down some stuff you might need to know about stats and equipment.

Also, as has been mentioned, there as long as pets aren't in a battle, every fifteen minutes they should recover some health and lose some mana.
(The heal timer is something I don't think is really even mentioned in the tutorial, never mind explained. We ourself used so much gold healing in towns before we learned about both that and missions)
Edited By Scathreoite on 1/12/2017 at 5:36 AM.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.