Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 1/6/2017 at 2:42 AM Post #1
Using google chrome
Version 55.0.2883.87 m (64-bit)

Google Chrome is up to date.

Happening on three different computers, one of them being my laptop. Pages will white out for a good 20-60 seconds, sylestia becomes a bit unresposive. No errors are being shown, when in fest chat, only the chat box whitens out, but if I'm nurturing or checking inventory, the whole page goes blank, have cleared cache many times but seems to be happening no matter what. Been ongoing for about the last two nights.
Sometimes the pages wont white out, but am not able to do anything--will have to refresh about 4 times.

Doing the same thing too on Microsoft Edge browser--lights on my laptop keyboard are flickering..

Its affecting everything I do. Doesnt matter which page of the internet I am going to :( Have to refresh over and over.

Update: Disabled hardware acceleration in chrome seems to have helped a little, though should i be worried about something crapping out on me as far as hardware? *still having to hard refresh pages*

Like Savynn's issue but different--I do also get stuck with interactions on the fest map and I have to refresh the page. Usually when things are trying to load to the server, a circle will spin at the top of my browser. When I get stuck, there is no waiting for that circle, I literally get stuck and have to refresh the page to keep doing what I was doing--ie finishing battles, collecting reindeer, and simple moving. It seems to be more of a graphical error than a server issue. I just had to refresh at the end of a battle, and I didnt even get the normal battle complete screen so I dont even know. the bandit had maybe 30 health left, got stuck, refreshed, and battle was gone.

I try to sell equipment to bag, page gets stuck, refresh, equipment disappears but I get the gold. Mind you I have cleared my cache 6 times yesterday, 4 times today. Going to do a system restore and go to bed. I know Intel had some graphic update for my dell and I got tired of pushing remind me later, and had it installed. :(

Here is one issue of getting stuck. Mouse moves just fine, the whole page freezes, occasionally completely whites out.

http://imgur.com/a/dK7J4

Just killed Gora the merciless , and had to refresh at the end of battle, but I dont see if I got any loot and shes gone, so have to report it in my post.. Roughly 3:40 am server time.
Edited By Missterious on 1/6/2017 at 3:40 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 1/6/2017 at 4:44 AM Post #2
Everything you mention seems to be related to pages updating through interactions... where you take an action and through javascript and ajax, an http request is sent to another page, spits back the results to the page that you're on, and then javascript updates the page with the new data.

However, it seems like something is breaking along the way there and instead it's just loading blank, white emptiness.

Now... why that would be, I'm not entirely sure.

Did you say this is happening for all websites? Or just Sylestia?

Did this happen after any recent update or change to your computer? Are you using a popup blocker or antivirus or anything at all that could be blocking these requests? If so, try disabling or whitelisting Sylestia.com.
Edited By Krinadon on 1/6/2017 at 4:44 AM.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Posted: 1/6/2017 at 10:49 AM Post #3
It looked like only Sylestia on two different browsers last night, however, it started happening really bad with a Howrse server, I as only there for maybe 15 minutes, but was fine on another server of theirs**- was getting extremely laggy, and pages weren't loading right there to begin with. Came back to Sylestia, and it was just downhill from there.

Did a system restore as I did end up installing something recommended from Dell, about a graphics update yesterday evening. Have just woke up so havent played around yet, but it was very bad in the zone last night, nurturing eggs was okay.

Sylestia has already been whitelisted in ad-blocker as well as my Windows Firewalll.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Posted: 1/6/2017 at 10:58 AM Post #4
I think System Restore might have solved whatever the problem was...however, now, i have a java update recommended I'm afraid to install, lol.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 1/6/2017 at 11:19 AM Post #5
Hm, yea. Unless it was an extreme coincidence, if it happened on multiple Sites then it very most likely is related to your device.

TYPICALLY, updating to the newest versions of stable software is recommended (especially in today's world versus like 10-15 years ago). But... "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" also applies sometimes. =P

Let me know if it continues.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Posted: 1/6/2017 at 11:24 AM Post #6
What I find weird tho is it was also happening on the computers, Mostly during nurturing through advanced search--which begs me to wonder if it was a windows update issue as well, which I think also happened this past few days. (Keyboard lights are flickering again-blinking on and off, going to annoy the holy hell out of me now.)

So far, on laptop everything seems okay.Except the lights, lol. Thanks.

Apparently my restore failed. Failed from source AppxStaging Destination-Windows Apps

Sigh. Well, whatever it is, I seem to be okay now. For now. lol
Edited By Missterious on 1/6/2017 at 11:50 AM.
Drak
Level 70
Majestic Sculptor
Threads: 6
Posted: 1/6/2017 at 11:32 AM Post #7
I am experiencing it on my PC. Last night when doing my nurtures, every 2-3 pages I would have a full list of Sylestis pages just show a white screen, pressing the reload button would not work. I would have to close Chrome and re open and get back in. The second or third time doing that, when I did a search for the Sylestis I was nurturing, the search result box became all white, had to close again. Then sometimes when I would load a page, the Sylestis avatar pic, that I would click on to bring up their page, would be blank, which would not allow me to click on them and open up their page.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 1/6/2017 at 1:17 PM Post #8
Is it just image resources that show up white?

Or text / sections do as well?

And again, I'm not quite sure what would be the root cause. =| I don't think I've had anyone report an issue like this before and it's never happened to me so it's hard to pinpoint exactly.

But... if it doesn't persist then maybe it was just a one-time issue with your ISP or something.

If it does come back, let me know though and I can try to investigate further.
Edited By Krinadon on 1/6/2017 at 1:33 PM.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Posted: 1/6/2017 at 1:24 PM Post #9
Last night it was whole pages at first, then just the little chat box in the fest zone, but when it went white, I couldn't move or fight and had to force refresh a few times. Doesn't seem to me that it is image specific.

So far, playing thru and working on eggs/hatchlings I have not had an issue. Of course I have a tendency to hit refresh as well when my char moves to slow in the zone. I am not sure what changed in order for me to fix the issue on the PC's, because as of this morning, Ty was having the same problem where I seem to not anymore. System restore apparently did nothing on my laptop so, something might have been really glitchy / moody, and then resolved itself. Though Im pretty sure during my sleep, my laptop rebooted. So will have him try that when he gets home.

I do know several days ago, when I was looking to hatch my eggs, the little egg icon that shows up when they 're ready,. Not sure if thats another blip or not, but that seems to be working now too.
Edited By Missterious on 1/6/2017 at 1:26 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 1/6/2017 at 1:35 PM Post #10
It makes total sense that the pages break when this happens because Javascript ceases to work once it encounters an error and if it's not loading page elements, it will definitely run into errors and then nothing will work. So that makes total sense.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.