Forum Index > Bug Reporting > Stuck in Interaction
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 1/3/2017 at 11:52 AM Post #1
I think this "bug" is probably my fault. Just bad timing perhaps. I've been having a lot more trouble lately moving through the fest zone. Actually, I've been having the problem before the fest started in region 3. Anyway, I find that refreshing the page occasionally will help me be able to move through the zone faster for a little while.

What happened is that I went to refresh but my avatar was still I guess in the process of movement when I did so and came across a reindeer. I saw it for just a sec before the page refreshed. After that I see this.

I can click Interact and Ignore but nothing happens. Nor can I see the reindeer. There doesn't seem to be any escape. I tried leaving the page and coming back. Also logging off and coming back. But it doesn't change what's going on.

This is 2nd time that it happened. I'm not for certain that it was a reindeer involved the first time or not. But it's the same sorta set up. I went to refresh. I guess my avatar was lagging and was still moving and bumped into something right as the refresh happened. And that did something that caused me to become stuck.

I'm not really sure what there is to do about it. If anyone else has ever had the issue. If I just need to be careful that my avatar is at a full stop when I refresh. The only thing that seems possible to do at this point is for me to exit the zone and come back in fresh.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 1/3/2017 at 4:58 PM Post #2
Refreshing the page after submitting a request shouldn't mess anything up... the 'refresh' won't load until your first submission finishes procressing and once anything is submitting to the server - the server will fully process the request regardless of your client connection - the only interruption would be if the server got interrupted.

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and trying to ignore again?

I'll take a look into the database and see what I can find.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 1/3/2017 at 5:00 PM Post #3
Database says you're not currently in any event. Is the issue persisting? Have you tried clearing your browser cache?
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 1/3/2017 at 5:54 PM Post #4
I'm sorry, Krin. I had to go out for a while and when I got back I ended up watching some wrestling with the husband. Before I left the house, I exited the zone, came back in, and finished up with the bandits and then the queen. I didn't think to try clearing the browser cache. If it happens again, that's what I'll try to do. I'm trying to think when it happened the first time. I think I've encountered plenty of reindeer without it happening. Why it happened those two times and not the others seemed connected with the page being refreshed at the same time. But maybe it was just coincidence?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 1/3/2017 at 6:22 PM Post #5
I'm not sure, to be honest. It's hard to say without having looked at the database to see what was there and then trying to put the pieces together with the code.

If exiting works though, it may just be the best solution as the alternative would be waiting for me to respond which could be 15 minutes or hours.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.