Players 2,353 346
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,255,791 1,456
Generated 656,436 9
Captured 1,191,034 46
Bred 6,408,226 1,401
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > How Do You Tell If A Sylesti Is Purebred...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Catalina323
Level 62
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 50
Posted: 12/19/2016 at 8:12 PM Post #1
There was this thread that I visited, and it was to gift a purebred sylesti to the person above you. What does it mean by "purebred"? How do I tell if a sylesti is purebred?
Dragonheart115
Level 59
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 20
Posted: 12/19/2016 at 8:30 PM Post #2
I think it means If the parents have the same traits so if you have let's say two Lighiras with Life lines but I'll ping someone to help though.
Edited By Dragonheart115 on 12/19/2016 at 11:06 PM.
Catalina323
Level 62
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 50
Posted: 12/19/2016 at 8:30 PM Post #3
ok thanks...
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 12/19/2016 at 10:08 PM Post #4
Purebred pets refer to pets that have been bred from the same themed pets. To understand this, I'll just explain a few terms.

Themed pets are pets with a fixed colour palate, usually released during festivals or special events. When players refer to themed pets, they may mean both the tagged and purebred themed pets.

Tagged pets are the original themed pets. These pets have a purple "tag" on their profile page with the name of their theme. For example, this aeridini has a purple Island Flower Aeridini. Tagged pets can be obtained through different ways during festivals. Some can be caught from the wild in the festival zone, others require the player to find a mixture of items to create them, while others still are rewarded as prizes. Depending on the festival, there's usually a wide variety of themed pets that can be obtained through different ways.

Purebred pets are pets that have been bred from the tagged themed pets, or other purebreds of the same theme, and thus, retain the same colour palate as the original themed pets. Purebred is a term coined by the players, since many do breeding projects on themed pets to get multiple visibles with the themed colours. For example, this aeridini is a purebred Island Flower Aeridini. She has the same colours as the original tagged themed, but has more visibles through multiple generations of breeding. There is no tag on her profile page since she is not an original themed pet. Since there is a limited breeding pool (limited by the number of original themed pets obtained through the festival), multiple-vis purebreds are usually quite highly valued.

To tell if a pet is purebred, you'll have to look at their lineage.On the pet's profile, you can click "view lineage". There, select the great-grandparents, until you reach the very end. If the pet has a star on the lineage page, it means that the pet is a tagged themed pet. So you'll have to check that all the parentage ends with a pet with a star of the same theme. Also, you should check if there are any major colour differences, which might indicate that a dye has been used. Most players do not consider dyed pets as "purebred". And if the parentage are of tagged themed pets, but of different themes, these are considered as crossbred, and not purebred.

(just a side note, I'll personally not ping Krin unless it's a bug or a major matter. Since the admins can be pretty busy... though I think they wouldn't mind... Usually, by posting in the FAQ forum, you'll get an answer pretty quickly by some experienced players, since I do know quite a number check this forum regularly. =) )

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.