Author Thread Post
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 9/11/2016 at 11:13 AM Post #11

~Update~

WARNING: Image heavy post.

Great news! Puff is complete! and let me say, he is the cutest thing i have ever made and i am completely and totally in love with him. He's so soft and fluffy its almost ridiculous.

(This one was taken last night, before I put the nose on.)

(View from the exact front, as the head tilts slightly to the side)

(Looking straight on the face)

(Side/front view)

(Side view)

When I sewed on the head, it ended up a little it askew. But looking at the finished project, he looks like his head is tilting and it is honestly adorable.

(I also keep calling it a him, but it is a female. I call all my plushies him for some reason, even Cici. Just...habit, i guess lol)

My next project for now is going to be accessories for him, which is something I haven't done before. I want to give him little things I can take on and off, so trying to figure out how to do that for some of my ideas.
So far, I think i'm going to make him:
-A cape (because super puff)
-A bell collar bow
-Possibly a flower crown/necklace(Probably jeweled crown, regular flower collar)
-A mask

Some of them re kinda obvious in how they will be removeable (A little velcro here and here will do the trick np) but others, specifically the bell collar and jeweled flower crown, will be a bit harder t make removable.

Regardless, he is super adorable and i am super proud of him!

When i am done with his accessories, I'm actually considering making a griffi hatcling next. While I'm not a huge fan of griffi, I think the hatchling in plushie form would be to die for. And hoenstly, the wings and tail would be a fun challenge that I have a few ideas for.

Biscuitthepug
Level 53
Threads: 32
Posted: 9/11/2016 at 12:25 PM Post #12
That is legit man. She is SO cute! Will you ever do plush commissions?
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 9/11/2016 at 12:47 PM Post #13

Tbh, probably not. While it is super fun to make them, the time and material cost would be too much than most people would be willing to spend, and too much for me to handle with school and working two jobs. Besides, I actually get my fabric from a discount shop in my hometown, but i'm currently away at uni so there's no way for me to get there (save for sending my parents after the materials for me, but the results from that have been less than satisfactory...They are not as good at finding what I want as I am lol.)

So...yeah. For now, my plushes are purely for my own enjoyment lol.
Waternixie
Level 63
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 25
Posted: 9/13/2016 at 1:17 AM Post #14
Oh my lord thats cute
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 2/22/2017 at 8:06 PM Post #15
(This post is image heavy)

So, i wasnt super fond of how the previous one's tendrils turned out. With the revamp came the new leopard trait, and I just so happened to have some leopard/cheetah print fur laying around and decided to try my hand at recreating this project in leopard. I decided not to give super detailed in progress pics, since most was he same up unil the ehad.

Th biggest change I made was instead of making the tendrils separate, I designed this version with one side of the tendrils now being part of the forehead piece. This is what it looks like to show what i mean.

In addition, i decided against using safety eyes, which is a first for me. I felt like the safety eyes were too small, which gave a strange effect I wasn't horribly fond of.

Its still not completely done, as I do still need to attach the head to the body and add some finishing touches to the head, but figured Id post what I've got so far. I really lvoe how this one is turning out. The problems witht he other one have easily been fixed with this version, and it makes me super happy and proud :D

Here's te body.

Shwoing off the underbelly.

Head is not attached, but is just sitting on top of the body for now. I plan on adding a black patch to the forehead to tie in the overly pale grey.

Front view

Another view showing the new way of doing the tendrils.

Working on the eyes. This is before pupils.

Final eyes. Not perfect, but I'm happy with them. This took a few tries lol. But i got it eventually!

I am going to add a nose as well as the patch of fur on his forehead.

EDIT: Added the nose! Adn elt me jsut say, his eyes are a tad bit...special rofl. but I have been stting here laughing at this face for a solid 5 mins.

For a reference, this is what she is based on.

Edited By Lostwords13 on 2/22/2017 at 9:47 PM.
StormSerpent
Level 60
Snow Wars Combatant
Threads: 19
Posted: 2/28/2017 at 9:01 AM Post #16
amazing!!!!!!!!!
Icepaw
Level 37
Threads: 21
Posted: 3/11/2017 at 11:15 PM Post #17
So cute!!!!
D33alpha
Level 17
Threads: 4
Posted: 3/14/2017 at 7:30 PM Post #18
I would like to know if you can make a template like the pieces you used on a pdf or something like that so i can make a mimi one(if possible, my sewing skills aren't exactly on point and I don't have the stuffing at the moment) and I also want to know if you can make a Lighira template, a Kelpari template, a Zolnixi template, or a Sylvorpa template, and if you can, could you make template for both female and male, I would really love to make mini versions on my free time, and so I can give them to my boyfriend for an anniversary gift , and when and if I get them done I'll put the pictures up to see how the templates worked out, if you'll allow me. And if and when you make them THAN YOU XD

I know it's asking a lot but the only difference between the male and female for most of them are the tails except for the Sylvorpa witch is the foot placement and the Lighira witch is the mane.

I also just realized you edited your previous post on my birthday, and for some reason it means a lot to me, I don't know why, it just does.
Edited By D33alpha on 3/14/2017 at 7:50 PM.
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 3/14/2017 at 7:47 PM Post #19
Sadly, atm all of my plushie pieces are hand-made on cardboard :/ i do have a scanner, but some of the pieces are rather large and won't fit in the scanner @-@ (I checked >.<) Otherwise I would...

I do have to say, a ligh, vorpa, or kelp would be an interesting challenge that I may have to try someday, but unfortunately I haven't tried to make those before so wouldn't really be able to provide any type of template for them :/ Nixi could honestly just be any type of fox/dog pattern though lol. Sicne they don't really have any major defining features.
D33alpha
Level 17
Threads: 4
Posted: 3/14/2017 at 7:53 PM Post #20
ok thank you for letting me know and honestly I think if i type in the right words there might be some templates on google images, but then again thank you for letting me know
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.