Players 2,356 329
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,254,335 1,023
Generated 656,427 16
Captured 1,190,988 63
Bred 6,406,825 944
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > It seems pet genes can skip a generation...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Wolfshadowstalker
Level 60
Threads: 10
Posted: 6/3/2013 at 7:06 PM Post #1
I was surprised to find this little Zolnixi of mine who has visible Spirit Flames when both her parents have visible Butterfly Wings.

http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=123715
(Sorry, on an iPad, will post an image later)

Her grandad on her mother's side had visible Spirit Flames, so she probably got it from him.
And looking through linages, she also has a great-grandma on her father's side that has visible Spirit Flames, so it completes the puzzle.
Really interesting to find that out. c:
Dark
Level 75
The Hallowed
Threads: 306
Posted: 6/3/2013 at 7:21 PM Post #2
from what I understand, the order the genes are in in the list is the order for most dominate to least and also that there is something about being able to see if a pet carries a gene for another trait (Someone posted once how to figure it out but I can't remember)

So I would assume that has a lot to do with it.... just like real life genetics
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 6/3/2013 at 9:30 PM Post #3
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/5/2024 at 10:04:13am

I was surprised to find this little Zolnixi of mine who has visible Spirit Flames when both her parents have visible Butterfly Wings.

http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=123715
(Sorry, on an iPad, will post an image later)

Her grandad on her mother's side had visible Spirit Flames, so she probably got it from him.
And looking through linages, she also has a great-grandma on her father's side that has visible Spirit Flames, so it completes the puzzle.
Really interesting to find that out. c:

Yeah, there is an order of dominance. What happened is that the father and mother were still both carriers of Spirit Flames but since Butterfly Wings are dominant that's what showed on them. The offspring has a chance of either inheriting a Spirit Flames gene or Butterfly Wings from either parent. If she had inherited Spirit Flames from one and Butterfly Wings from the other she would have had Butterfly Wings as well. But in this case you had an offspring that inherited only Spirit Flames from each.

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.